Tracking Skill Cap and Specific Application

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Grove, Sep 6, 2021.

1. Grove Augur

Three of my characters can track and have the following skills.
    115 Wood Elf Druid tracking skill 175
    115 Wood Elf Ranger tracking skill 300
    106 Wood Elf Bard tracking skill 200
    Is there a higher skill to be achieved by any of these characters? If so how?
    I have reviewed the AA chart for each and cannot see any reference to track skills. Is it well hidden in synonyms?
    Why the present concern?
    We are looking for mini gods and Solusek Ro in Tower of Solusek Ro. From the map it is hard to tell how big the zone is and as to whether the bard with 200 tracking skill could see them from zone-in.
  2. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

I do know that the tracking difference depends on the zone. So it is very possible to NOT be able to track the entire zone. There are many I do go into and have to wait till I am further in the zone to find the NPC.

I don't believe it matters what race your character is as it is class dependent

Ranger cap is 300

3. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

In this patch from 2019 they changed track slightly for all classes - and this means you get the skill cap increase via leveling instead of spending AA and that is why you don't find anything under AA for tracking any more. So once your character is max level or sooner they will have max for tracking. Perhaps maxed out druids and bards can chime in with what their skill is capped at so we will have it on record.

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq...9-10-2019-patch-notes-and-discussions.259436/
    Wulfhere and Sirene_Fippy like this.
  4. Wulfhere Augur

Have a player go to those far locations in a zone and confirm your tracking range using them as a target.

Learn the zone range by tracking an NPC at reverse distance and then confirm the range on your map with a line or a label (on those NPC at max range from zone in).
    MasterMagnus and Tucoh like this.
  5. Wulfhere Augur

... and to complete the story, there are no items with tracking focus or skill mod afaik.
  6. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

Max druid tracking is 175 at level 115.

It is quite normal for druids to be unable to track an entire zone, unless it is a very small one.

Also, as mentioned above, I believe each zone may have a hidden "tracking modifier" which changes the actual ability. Certainly, I've noticed in some zones my tracking range is lower than others.
    Tucoh and MasterMagnus like this.
  7. Velisaris_MS Augur

Been awhile since I've been in there, but didn't that zone have different areas at different heights? Any zone with vertical spaces is gonna play hell with tracking.
  8. Winnowyl Suffering is optional.

Sol Ro is easily trackable from the zone in, but the rest are not. At least not by a druid or bard.
  9. Bigstomp Augur

I could be wrong, but I don't think vertical space is taking into account for tracking distance (so you can see if they're up).
    They do have newer tracking messages that say something like 'To the right and and above you' nowadays as well.
    Yinla likes this.
  10. Tatanka Joe Schmo

Indoor zones. Been this way since release. Indoor zones have smaller tracking ranges.
  11. Cadira Augur

I know from experience that bards can track sol ro specifically, BUT you do have to run a little closer to his location in the zone for him to be in range.
    Svann2 likes this.
  12. Grove Augur

My experience so far. Thought it best to switch to the Ranger for tracking there. Bard tracked none of the gods. Ranger took over and immediately found Solusek Ro. (Killed him but that did not advance our progression for the lack of the minis.)
  13. demi Augur

ranger has the best tracking ability and the furthest traking capability .. I dont know how far that capability is but out of all 3 tracking classes its the best ..

P.S. i still believe BST should have a tracking skill ..

Hint: new "perk" activate tracking skill on any toon for 5.99 :p ;)
  14. Ozon Augur

Off topic, but will this even be an issue for OP after next patch to bring AoC to live servers?
  15. Wulfhere Augur

Second that!
    Yinla likes this.
  16. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Depends if they have 6 friends....
    Ozon likes this.
  17. Tatanka Joe Schmo

or 5 FTP accounts. So, no, shouldn't be an issue.
  18. Nennius Curmudgeon

To use an AoC, is there a level requirement?
  19. Accipiter Old Timer

Only for the person requesting the instance, IIRC. The offlines and/or fillers can be any level. At least that's how it was the last time I had to add an offline player.