EG7 Broadcasts Presentation With Q&A

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Atomos, Sep 3, 2021.

1. Atomos Augur

https://www.enadglobal7.com/press/9BA5B374E990A5B6/

"EG7 wants to inform its shareholders and other interested parties that a video presentation will be broadcasted at 8:00am CEST on September 9, 2021. The presentation will be led by EG7’s acting CEO Ji Ham.
    The purpose of the broadcast is to introduce the new acting CEO of EG7, Ji Ham, and to provide an opportunity to send questions to the company.
    Questions can be submitted in advance to: ir@enadglobal7.com.
    To access the presentation with Q&A, please use the following link at the given time: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R9sMvpZWybc"
    MasterMagnus likes this.
  2. Benito EQ player since 2001.

I remember JChan saying she works closely with Ji Ham.

I am actually a bit optimistic of Ji Ham taking over the reins at EG7 and protecting the EQ franchise. This is a better alternative than someone at another studio with no experience and loyalty to EQ.
  3. MasterMagnus The Oracle of AllHigh

I could go either way on that. Although Flodin had no 'loyalty', he was saying the right things about caring and restoring EQ.

And I like what you say about Ji Ham.

But at the end of the day, it was an interview gone wrong that precipitated this move, not some granting of merit and promotion.

If good comes out of it for Daybreak and EQ, though, that's great.
  4. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Daybreak purchased EG7 presenting it as the other way around is just corporate smoke & mirrors - my 2cp

I'm not forgetting that Jason Epstein & Ji Ham may well have made Daybreak profitable, but they also oversaw and were entirely responsible for the largest series of layoffs in the company's history - and none of us should forget that.

Flodin made me think EG7 really was going to invest in EQ, now with Ham and Epstein I don't have any faith we will see that continue, I half expect more layoffs to be honest.
  5. Benito EQ player since 2001.

Ji Ham is an experienced gaming executive. I'm sure the board had options but felt like he was qualified.
    MasterMagnus likes this.
  6. Benito EQ player since 2001.

In fairness, EG7 was focused on a new Lord of the Rings game. This was actually a major point of concern for me (they wanted EQ players to migrate over).

I'm not sure how Flodin could have dramatically expanded investment in EQ1 without spending someone else's money (shareholder or another game's revenue).

Under the leadership of Daybreak and Ji Ham, there has been some continuity and resilience for EQ1.
  7. Febb Augur

Ji Ham is acting CEO for now, they are looking for another CEO.
    MasterMagnus likes this.
  8. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

That "acting" nomenclature is there just to placate any board members anxious about the usurping of Flodin.

Do svidaniya CEO Flodin, Privet CEO Ham.
    MasterMagnus likes this.
  9. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

Corporate politicking and investor-oriented posturing are normal, everyday business tactics. Don't read too much into that. Follow the money.... (HINT: It's not going into EQ)
    Skuz and MasterMagnus like this.
  10. Sancus Augur

They already were hiring. When the upcoming expansion's credits are published, you'll see the largest YoY increase in team size in a very long time. The jury's out on whether or not this would return more profit to the shareholders, and ultimately we don't have the information to make that determination. That said, EQ could support twice its CoV team size with better margins than most of the other Daybreak games; Daybreak has historically chosen not to spend that revenue on EQ.

There isn't enough public information for us to have a good sense of what will happen, but personally I think it's unlikely this change will be better for EQ. Hopefully we at least retain the increase in staffing levels.
  11. Tucoh Augur

EQ is a special game in their portfolio. It's a shame they've siphoned its profits to dump into other games over the years.
    Fanra, MasterMagnus, Skuz and 2 others like this.
  12. Numiko Augur