New Server All/All Gear

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Clericlovex, Sep 3, 2021.

1. Clericlovex New Member

What do you all think? Next server having all gear being All/All. Any class any race. Could get pretty interesting.
  2. ForumBoss Augur

All that would really do is make knight one hander's very expensive. But maybe some of those caster 2hb would see use.
    Tymeless likes this.
  3. HekkHekkHekk Augur

No.
    Skuz likes this.
  4. Ozon Augur

As a SK I would hate it, as not only would our 1h, but also our 2h would be so popular I would never see one. Pretty sure Bard/Rog/Chanter would get tired of people grabbing illusion clicks also. Shammys and Time's Antithesis, etc. Staff of Forbidden Writes, etc

Overall class specific items add lot of flavor, taking those away would dumb down the game.
    code-zero likes this.
  5. HekkHekkHekk Augur

This would be a complete waste of dev time.
  6. Tymeless Augur

i mean i could have fun with certain toys on a warrior but no it will make most classes flavorless.
  7. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Not all race models support all armor types which is a major problem for this server idea. They are never going to release race/class combinations where the models do not support the graphics of the armor type they wear.
  8. jiri_ Augur

This. Plus balance problems with caster and knight weapons. And if all the gear is All/All, then practically what it means is that most people are just fighting over tank gear.
    Skuz likes this.
  9. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

[IMG]
  10. Gheed Is not reading your response

I prefer a red TLP
    HekkHekkHekk likes this.
  11. HekkHekkHekk Augur

If it ain't red, leave it in the shed.
  12. Mrjon3s Augur

You would just use knight weapons and plate armor till pop. Then switch to heroic stat gear for dps.
  13. Machen New Member

You'd be using the knight weapons forever, those ratios are crazy.
    Ozon likes this.
  14. Graytis Lorekeeper

I think it would be more viable to start every character with Hero's Forge activated, and have no restrictions on cosmetics. You'd still have to buy your ornaments, but robe graphics would fit in plate gear, for example. Any weapon ornament could go in any weapon type.

I'd vote for shields still being reserved for shields, and bows for bows though, just to mitigate animation complications if nothing else.

There would be money to be made for them, at least.
    MasterMagnus likes this.
  15. Zanarnar Augur

nahh, this would still be better then a pvp tlp. however I'd still prefer flaming butthole cancer to both of them.
  16. HekkHekkHekk Augur

Enjoy your flaming butthole cancer.
  17. Doranur_Aleguzzler Filthy Casualâ„¢

I'd vote no on an all/all server. Start it with the Coirnav xp rate, the pet hold AA auto granted at level 1, and activate the damn extended target window. It's not a game breaking thing. Also, while not unlocking Vah Shir, make beastlords available to all other classes that can roll one. Also activate frogloks, and the hybrid classes for halflings and gnomes. It's just a matter of turning on the GM, quest, and vendor NPCs where applicable. I would also suggest berserker, but people seem to lose their minds at the suggestion, because they wouldn't be able to start their epic for close to a year. anyways, the itemization argument is moot, as the itemization is already in place, just some of the better items for BST/ZERK won't be in game. Still plenty of good stuff to get.
  18. Smak Augur

Why not have spells, discs, and other abilities all all too. Add every aa too.
  19. Boogatti Lorekeeper

I think the next server should be a 1 hit to kill race server where all creatures have 1 hp.