ISB still cool on Live?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by IblisTheMage, Aug 15, 2021.

1. IblisTheMage Augur

But I am the OP.
  2. suinegEQ Elder

What does a person's reaction look like in game if a GM showed up in illusion form?

For me it would be the screenshot button and me saying something in discord that some weirdo showed up in illusion. Then I would another mob. It's not like real life where I can gasp in shock and they would get the sentiment that I noticed them. I have says filtered out elsewhere that I don't care about. It's all just poor ways to "catch" people that is basically no better than basic police entrapment on the streets.
  3. JazzeDrinal New Member

Check out the guild "Medicine Bears" on Drinal who's been in Sathir's Tomb for 48 hours non-stop with 12+ toons. I'd pay to be a GM at this point just to grief the cheaters who have griefed me.
  4. Nolick Chapped up

I like ISB and plan to continue to use it in a way that does not violate the user agreement and the spirit of the game.

On the other hand... There are other programs out there that outright cheat and enable characters to do things they should not be able to do if a player were sitting behind the keyboard.

I wonder if making a Server named EQCheat or something like that and allowing players to play there and cheat all they want would possibly help migrate them from the other players. I have a feeling some of the cheating is to beable to earn a living by selling loot rights or gear to players who cant get that gear for what ever reason.

Either way we look at it... banning the cheaters hurts Daybreaks bottom line thusly also hurting Everquests long term survival.
  5. Jumbur Improved Familiar

I think there are 2 types of cheaters:
    1. People who wants a super casual everquest on easymode and prefers to skip all the timesinks.
    2. People who earns real money by cheating.
    The first group might enjoy an official cheatserver(if they can agree on a ruleset...:p).

But the second group would not accept such a server, as they have no way of making money of other cheaters.

Such a server would only work if it had a separate krono market(or no market at all), otherwise it would cause an unstable game-wide economy.
  6. Zunnoab Augur

Each person who claimed to me they got suspended for this turned out to be lying and using programs that hack the executable.

That and the people monumentally foolish enough to participate in The Great Cactiikkii Incident.