Raiders vs Non Raiders

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Cicelee, Sep 3, 2021.

1. Cicelee Augur

I am curious as to what percentage on Live servers are raiders (and their multiple accounts) compared to non raiders (and their multiple accounts). I would guess that there are more non raiders than raiders, but is it 60/40? 85/15?

Bored at work on a Friday...
  2. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

I left work 2 hours ago & right now I am drinking beer and ordering a delicious curry.

Just wanted to cheer you up a bit.:D
  3. Skrab East Cabilis #1 Realtor

The published report gives a solid estimate that raid guilds are around 15-20%. It’s a pretty standard percentage across other MMOs.
  4. Sissruukk Rogue One

I am a part-time raider, so not sure which category I would fall under.
  5. Cicelee Augur

I personally would categorize you as a raider because you have done raids.

Some people have never done a current expansion raid, or prior one(s). I call that non raider.

I guess part of my curiosity is that I hear non raiders outweigh raiders. Whenever I go into zones, though, I mostly see players from raid guilds in there. And while someone above said that 20% of EQ players are raiders, I wonder if that is true or not.
  6. Skrab East Cabilis #1 Realtor

So, are you wondering what % of the playerbase is actively raiding or how many have ever attended a single raid?
  7. MasterMagnus The Oracle of AllHigh

You dogg!
    Skuz likes this.
  8. Svann2 The Magnificent

prediction: Raiders will never win another superbowl
    Stymie likes this.
  9. Pryssylus Journeyman

The conundrum you cite may be more apparent than real. Why do you see more toons from raiding guilds in the zones you travel, if we are indeed only 15 - 20% of the pop? That may be because raiders do not simply raid - I can tell you that, as a hard core raider, the majority of my time in game is spent on ensuring I'm as well equipped as possible (clickies, TS mats, etc), generating AAs to burn on raids, etc - and I think this is also true of my fellow raiders. For example, there may not be all that much incentive for most non-raiders to acquire - and then max out - the Artisan's Prize, but there sure is for me. For many raiding classes, then, improved raid performance via such means directly correlates with spending lots of time farming, camping, etc in those zones where you see us. Turns out high end raiding can be really demanding...
    Elyssanda and Duder like this.
  10. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

WHO KNEW???? :D
  11. ptah Augur

hmm, feels like 75 25 chop, but fear 25% or less core raiders yelling more often, as casual pillow fight casual guys never talk about happen on friday night.

1 too that clear past several expansions
    3 to 5 part open raid rosters that average teir1 and half of teir2, could do more if teir was used by raiders and not more alts.
    Additional 5 to 7, box alts that just situational boxes, but mood or expansion timing, possible boredom creation as well.

4 different market mules, cause it can really fun F with market, both postive and negative. Trader, barter, general troll, you pick you adventure.

Playtime is 5 to 20 hours a week, with first month into an expansion peak to maybe 30 or 40 hours, mostly due the weather, adventure fun, and supply of red bull.

Now either style of raider vs non raider, I have very talented players that raid, that dont raid, just a mix bag. IE take out the top 5% and floor 5%, you 90% of playerbase that fun, enjoyable teammates, and then 1 or 2 rat bastards you have on ignore, and get upset when your on alt and missed listing them.

Maybe the idea of more raiders in active zones, is 1 or 2 active raiders with box/bots with similar tag.
  12. Tucoh Augur

My guess:

% of people online at any given time who have killed a raid boss in the last few expansions in the last . month: 20%
    % of subscribed accounts who belong to someone who has killed a recent raid boss in the last month: 5%

I miss raiding :(
  13. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

Just curious Tucoh - what do miss about raiding?
  14. Tucoh Augur

Competition and comradery.
    Vumad likes this.
  15. Numiko Augur

not everyone with a raid guild tag will be a raider. lots of friends and family members, long time members who do not raid anymore but like to chat with friends, box's and alts too that are tagged but do not raid.etc.
  16. Elyssanda Bardbrain

and not every raider is a boxer. Some of us do group with real other people who also raid to go do stuff nearly every night.
  17. Vumad Cape Wearer

Some of it too is a logical falacy.

You may never notice a Mustang on the road, but once you own one, you start to notice there are a TON of them. Raiders are often more recognizable as they carry a recognizable guild tag and tend to be names you see more often, where as the non-raiders tend to pass by without notice.

Also playtime and commitment could be a factor. 25% of the population may generate 75% of the server load while 75% of the population on logs on 25% of the time. Raiders also tend to be stronger, and more desirable in groups. Again, more recognizable. So not only are they there less, but since you only see a name once a month in passing, it is something you filter out. See above.
    Tucoh likes this.
  18. Accipiter Old Timer

I haven't raided in over 10 years FWIW.
  19. Skrab East Cabilis #1 Realtor

https://www.enadglobal7.com/wp-cont...entation-Dec-2020-Acquires-Daybreak-Games.pdf

MAU / Members: 82K / 66K

EGL has 43 active guilds listed on Live, but 39 have completed CoV T1. I'll walk you through my estimation:

Live Raid Guilds: 43
    Unique Raiders per month: 75
    Average Accounts per Raid member: 4
    Total Raiders: 12.9k

Which is 15.7% or all MAUs and 19.5% of memberships.

Obviously, these are all assumptions and I tried to estimate on the higher side. The Average Revenue Per Paying User is $37.50, which you can use to judge the average number of accounts per player. It's probably 2 or 3 accounts with each owning the latest expansion. Roughly, $10/month subscription and $3/month base expansion fee with various MTX throughout the year. Raid players are more dedicated, so I assume they fall on the higher end of accounts owned.

TLPs are more of the wild card, because they start out so active with a low barrier to entry for raids. Plus, the guilds can vary dramatically in size from a couple dozen members or several hundred. Also, there's a very significantly higher population decay than Live. If, you include TLPs I wouldn't be surprised if the number pushed up another 5-8%.