Mischief Rules Random Loot Bug - Frroaak not dropping rare loot

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Allworth, Aug 31, 2021.

1. Allworth Elder

Bug: Frroaak "a rare creature" dropped nothing today but a research word in Trakanon's Tooth zone on the Thornblade server that has Mischief ruleset.

Steps to Repro Bug: Travel to Trakanon's Tooth zone on Mischief/Thornblade server. Spawn Frroaak. Sit back and enjoy his Ice Comet spell attack. Then kill mob. Observe loot window. Observe no rare loot..

https://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/npc.html?id=10887
    Baldur likes this.
  2. theonepercent Augur

How many times did you kill him? It's possible he rolled the loot table of other rares that don't always drop loot, which is a lot of the rares in TT.
    Yinla likes this.
  3. Baldur Augur

This happens a lot more in Velious than it did in Kunark. It's because it can roll random trash loot as their loot and not actual loot.

Go kill Tantor in WW, he's 100% spawn rate on a long timer, so usually only drops 1 item. Most of the time you get an exceptional rat blood, or some other trash item, just either tradeskill or vendor loot. Every once in a while you get an actual item.
  4. niente Developer

For this type of bug, if you can post the time/log of the NPC dying, server name, and timezone, that helps (then we can look in logs to see who's loot the NPC rolled). I suspect the issue is that it rolled an NPC who doesn't drop something 100% of the time. However, if it did roll an NPC who doesn't really ever drop "items" it probably should be fixed.
  5. Pirouette Augur

Just killed Tantor with 0 loot

NPC: Tantor
    Server: Mischief
    Zone: Western Wastes
    Timezone: EST
    Time: Somewhere tonight (9/1 evening) between 11:50PM - 12:05 AM EST , didnt get exact time sorry
  6. Fenl Bard

I've mentioned this on another thread and it got ignored, This happens with several mobs it is not specific to TT, Many rares in TT drop nothing, I've also observed this on Tantor, Icehackle, Fellspine, and many other rares in sirens grotto and Skyshrine.

You kill the "a rare creature" and it drops literally nothing not even gems. Sometimes you just get class armor gems. It is a widespread issue and has been going on for a while. I don't know why more people are not complaining about it.

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq...-mischief-rare-creatures-drop-nothing.276622/ posted this July 23rd
  7. Karhar Dream Crusher

Whats happening is mostly named could be the out of era loot tables are rolling, theres some named that are out of era table that aren't active in velious.
  8. Numiko Augur

after killing hundreds of rare spawn I have found the loot to be truly random, you can kill and get 8+ loots (once got 3 Kylong BP's off one mob!) and other times you can kill the same mob and get zip.
  9. Allworth Elder

Update on Trakanon's Tooth Rare Create Loot Issues:

Harbinger Josk: Rare Creature

I killed him Wednesday, ‎September ‎22, ‎2021, ‏‎12:58:09 AM Pacific time on the Thornblade server. Only dropped coin, a research word and Spell: Thrall of Bones.

Keeper Sepsis: Rare Creature

‎I killed him Wednesday, ‎September ‎22, ‎2021, ‏‎1:04:38 AM Pacific time on the Thornblade server. Only dropped coin and a research word.

Despite the fact that both of these rare creatures never dropped any rare loot previously, after the implementation of the Mischief loot rules, they should be dropping loot from other rare Kunark mobs that are in their level range.

In addition to Frroakk not dropping anything, now we have these additional two mobs not dropping anything which suggests there is a bug. Thanks for looking into this. I can provide screenshots as evidence upon request.

If it is the devs intention that "rare creatures" who don't drop anything, should continue to not drop anything even on Mischief/Thornblade, then I would suggest that they not be flagged as rare creatures which would leave players with the expectation that they will be dropping rare loot.
  10. Silresa New Member

I know I'm kinda late to the party but, I gotta say, the whole Mischief thing feels a *tad* misrepresented. I decided to peek in with the excitement of poking through a bunch of off-the-beaten-path dungeons and such for various named, only to find out most named aren't "rare"?? For some reason? Most dungeons somehow seem to have one or two, whereas random outdoor areas have dozens that seem to make essentially no sense. It's really unintuitive and, really, shouldn't require looking up mob lists to figure out - mobs which spawn from PHs and such that don't always spawn readily (which one might use the word, ahem, rare to describe) should be included in this whole thing. 'Rare mobs' as applied to some weird flag was never a thing in the many years I played and definitely was not clear in the promo for Mischief's whole idea.

Alternate rulesets are a superb idea, but definitely need to follow through and do it proper!