Yelinak Head and Neck not dropping off Cazic, Tormax, Vulak, Avatar of War or Tunare

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by ViciousEQ, Aug 26, 2021.

1. Sektor New Member

Fix this!
  2. ViciousEQ Elder

They locked the bug report thread. Feedback is only welcome if its positive. Constructive feedback need not apply.

Its totally the players fault for being upset about something that was intentional ignored since launch day by our Lead Designer.

If I was overseeing this I'd be grateful for players pointing this stuff out so quickly. I'd have been on standby even if on my own time for launch to correct obvious oversights as they cropped up.
  3. Gheed Is not reading your response

Working as intended no fix needed
    Boze likes this.
  4. Tweakfour17 Augur

Your meme calling Ngreth a liar was real constructive :rolleyes:
  5. Boze TLP complaint factory

"This item I want that's irrelevant in a month isn't dropping exactly when I want it to on a server with **RANDOM LOOT**"

The more y'all complain the less likely it is we get fun stuff like this in the future.
    MasterMagnus and Tweakfour17 like this.
  6. Accipiter Old Timer

/snort
    Zanarnar and MasterMagnus like this.
  7. Piznut Angry Gnome

Need more outrider taming whips, only about 60 people in our guild have one. Nothing like Double Yelinak from Tunare. Can't wait til this is fixed
  8. HekkHekkHekk Augur

Sounds like random loot
    Gheed and Boze like this.
  9. Triconix Augur

Let's be real. The only reason it was reported so quickly was because it didn't benefit people, but instead was a detriment. I would bet good money that if people were getting mostly Vulak gear it would go unreported for weeks.

It got reported quickly because Yelinak gear is trash outside the head. Anyone arguing otherwise is a liar or was missing out.
  10. Lemerian Elder

Your entire hypothesis is quickly proven wrong considering that vulak loot was dropping off super easy mobs on the first day and it was reported and nerfed within 24 hours. Yet, this Yelinak situation, which was identified as a problem by the dev, will go on until patch day even though it could easily be taken out of the random rotation as a temporary fix.
  11. Bewts Augur

I’d argue the flood of Vulak look being sold let the cat out of the bag way earlier than on a no drop server (where you’re theory on keeping mum would likely hold true.
  12. Triconix Augur

Except that situation was laughably different as gear was dropping off group mobs. Also, people reporting that most likely wanted to gatekeep that loot to actual raid targets so a loot piñata was a detriment to them.

Try a bit harder next time.
  13. Zanarnar Augur

Which is an odd stance for the lead dev of a company to make. Like they have to know that just rinse-repeating phinny's rules is starting to grow old. If they **DONT** keep trying new things their cash cow will dry up.

We are also (in this case) all paying customers. We are paying for access to these servers, and its pretty reasonable to expect them to largely work as advertised, and when they don't for those things to be corrected.

I get that they are understaffed, but I also saw the same numbers the rest of you did that shows the division as easily profitable enough to hire more staff. Its not our fault (as customers) that they won't hire enough staff.
  14. Gheed Is not reading your response

GUYS FIX THE LOOT BEING RANDOM ON MY BELOVED RANDOM LOOT SERVER

You guys crack me up
    Boze likes this.
  15. taliefer Augur

I DONT UNDERSTAND THE PROBLEM THAT EVEN THE DEVS AKNOWLEDGE AS A PROBLEM SO I AM GOING TO TYPE IN ALL CAPS IN AN ATTEMPT TO MAKE MYSELF APPEAR FUNNY ON THE INTERNET.

you dont crack me up.
  16. HekkHekkHekk Augur

Can you explain the problem?
  17. taliefer Augur

on the 1% chance you are being serious, sure.

Yelinak is overly represented in the random loot pool due to there being multiple versions of him in the game for "reasons." these extra versions of him do not drop his head or talisman, also for reasons. These extra versions were confirmed by Ngreth and he posted the short term fix was to remove these versions. The long term fix requires a patch. all of this is in the bug report thread that got locked as the bug is acknowledged and being worked on.

However, the short term fix doesnt appear to have gone in or isnt working, meaning everyone is still seeing all sorts of extra yelinaks without the head or neck in the random loot pool.

so yes. there is an actual issue, the dev acknowledged it as such.

now, some of the people acting like this is a world ending scenario are just as bad as the people accusing others of just crying about random loot. when they call a server experimental in their announcement, the playerbase should expect issues like this from time to time.

however if the short term fix isnt going to work, just say its gonna take a full patch and be done with it.
  18. HekkHekkHekk Augur

I thought the issue was two yelinaks were spawning, one with random loot and one with regular yelinak loot?
  19. MasterMagnus The Oracle of AllHigh

In one specific case.

Inform yourself. There's a bug thread, Ngreth responded.

There's more info in one response about this than you seem to have gathered so far.
  20. HekkHekkHekk Augur

Seems like a lot of people should inform themselves.