Labor Day Bonus

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Genjo, Sep 1, 2021.

1. Genjo Lorekeeper

Nothing in Calendar.. is something going on?
    Strumph likes this.
  2. Cragzop Cranky Wizard

Bonuses don't appear in /calendar until at least announced (even if it's the same bonus from year to year). Most of the times it doesn't appear until the bonus actual starts.

Only The Nameless knows why at this point in EQ's life they have to make everything a mystery.

Labor Day bonus has always been double xp.
    Yinla likes this.
  3. Bobokin Augur

People like to plan, but Daybreak believes secrets are better.

Don't ask me why. o_O
  4. Laurana Augur

Can probably estimate from last year. Will probably start Friday, Sept 3 at noon Pacific and last about a week of 50% EXP bonus. Then we get about two weeks of increased rare creatures. Then about one week of faction bonus. Then finally another week or so of increased EXP to take us into October in which, generally expac info is shared and the previous expac is put on sale. Fun time of the year!
    Yinla, Coagagin and Ozon like this.
  5. Svann2 The Magnificent

My guess: If you knew xp bonus was this week you wouldnt have bought an xp potion last week.
  6. Iyacc Augur

This is last year's message.

"Double Experience for all servers starts Friday, September 4, 2020 at 12:00 AM PDT (Midnight) and ends Tuesday, September 8, 2020 at 11:00 PM PDT"
    minimind, Yinla and Coagagin like this.
  7. CrazyLarth Augur

They set these types of bonus in to Auto start and end they do not have to do it manually any more.
  8. Rainlover Augur

And that was announced on the 2nd; they are pushing this to the last minute this year It seems (if something is coming)
  9. Hellowhatsyourname Augur

It would be cool if we got double exp.... time to do some missions with the newbies!
  10. Hayzeus Augur

So I don't want to muddy the water with potentially false information, BUT wasn't there a dev in the last year who said that they post all of the upcoming bonuses on the bulletin boards in the game itself? Umm... maybe in the guild lobby near the throne room or something like that?

Yah, it may be misinformation, so I apologize if I have this fact wrong. It might readily have been something else entirely that they were posting about.
  11. Accipiter Old Timer

He was probably talking about the in-game calendar. It probably gets updated at the same time the announcement goes out so I doubt you'll get the notification any faster that way.
  12. Bobokin Augur

Same as last year and no store sale.

Its good for alts I guess, and it is better than the 50% bonus.
  13. Bobokin Augur

Since when is 11:59 really 11:00 PST? We finished up a large quest and got robbed on the last quest and the Paragon EXP.
    Strumph likes this.
  14. Bigstomp Augur

They may be wrong or you may be wrong but I feel if you are waiting till the last second, maybe you chose poorly.
    Velisaris_MS and demi like this.
  15. Strumph Augur

Luckily I finished the ToV missions for the Mage before it ended. Though didn't notice message was gone at 11:11 when I started the lesson burn on Enchanter... no wonder it was not as expected.
  16. Velisaris_MS Augur

I've rarely seen bonus xp periods end exactly when they say it ends; it usually ends way early. Just assume it's going to end an hour earlier than what they say and you'll be fine in the future.
  17. Febb Augur

They most likely have the event set to PST instead of PDT.
  18. Bobokin Augur

No ... they posted 11:59 PDT. They ended an hour early. They are wrong. How hard is it to keep time in 2021 on servers? You act like this is debatable.

That's like saying, "Well, the NFL game started at 11:00 instead of 12:00; it could be your fault you took their word that the game would start at 12:00, and you chose poorly to do so." The game should be on when they say the game is on.
  19. Bobokin Augur

Why should we? Really, are they just that inept that they cannot tell time? These are servers that the time can be set to the atomic clock for accuracy, and you are saying it is ok to fudge by an hour or two? This is simply human error, is lousy customer service, and is unacceptable.
  20. Elskidor Augur

Advanced loot has been causing the game to glitch and crash for years with no fix. Things not working as intended is apart of EQ and kinda just expected. I wouldn't have been shocked if the XP event had ended a day early.