overseer failure rates

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by mewkus, Aug 27, 2021.

1. mewkus Augur

Has anyone else noticed a rise in the failure rates on overseer missions?

I used to go weeks between failures, since the patch this week, it's seems a daily occurance.
  2. Evertrek Augur

your luck ran out.

seems to be the case, they add new new overseer packs and somehow messed up the code. 75% or better has always been a safe bet.
  3. Velisaris_MS Augur

I had a failure on one of my accounts the other day. It was at 86% success...only the 6th failure on that account since Overseer started.

I absolutely refuse to start any task below 80% now.
    Elyssanda and GoneFission like this.
  4. GoneFission Augur

I’ve seen a couple quests fail, and a couple still disappear. The failure rate for me is similar, possibly a bit higher since I’m running fewer tasks now.

I had settled into running missions with two rare or elite agents, filling with as few iconic agents as possible with a target of 70 to 75%. Post-revamp, the new quest setup lets me do the same task setup with the same agent selection with a target of 80%. The quests spread out agent selection much better than the old arrangements.
  5. Eaedyilye More stonehive bixies.

Seems to be the same for me. Failures are rare as hens teeth. I don't remember the last failure I had. On my box alt I haven't had a failure since last summer.

But the disappearing quests are a little annoying.
  6. mewkus Augur

I'm mostly running level 5 quests with rates that range between 82 and 88. Occasionally on rare missions, the rate drops down to 78 to 81. Prior to last week, failures were few and far between. Since then, they've become a regularity. I even failed a level 3 easy quest that had a success rate of 91%.
  7. Kolaisa Elder

Over 500 completed, 4 fails
  8. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Don't short-cut them with dbc, there have been fixes but my own experience has been that they fail more often than letting them complete normally even now.
  9. mewkus Augur

I just had two critical failures out of four quests. Each of those had listed at 88% success chance.
  10. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

DBC shortcut will increase failure rate 350% or so.
  11. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

Been long while since ive failed missions but agents being incapacitated has gone up even on the low 6% easy missions! i do level 5 and at the 85-89% on avg yea its gone down since they added new stuff to overseer.

Andarriel
  12. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

im at over 3k with 1 fail. having alot of quest is nothing since doing conversions counts.

Andarriel
  13. Winnowyl Suffering is optional.

Previously, I was having about 1 or 2 fails a month doing 3 accounts on the regular. Now I'm having at LEAST that many fails a day doing the 3 accounts.

I also was running almost all my missions in the 91-95% chance of success. Now I consider it a win if I can get over 85%.

And that's doing the same missions that I was doing previously. >.<

I'm not sure what they broke, but they certainly need to fix it.
  14. mewkus Augur

I just failed 4 out of 5 quests. All the failures were at 88% and oddly enough, the only success was at 84%.

This just about makes overseer unfun to play.
  15. Elyssanda Bardbrain

I must be getting all of my RNG favor on overseer.. I'm not seeing the fail rates you all are.. I think I've failed 1 mission since the new agents went in. don't ask what the RNG is doing to me elsewhere..
  16. Nennius Curmudgeon

I hadn't had any failures for many months until about a week ago. I failed one mission. On the other hand, I lose one or more missions almost every day on only one character.
  17. Velisaris_MS Augur

It does indeed suck when you start 5 tasks before you log out for the night, and then see only 3 running when you log in the next day.

This scenario has been happening to one of my accounts pretty regularly as of late.
    Nennius and Elyssanda like this.
  18. cadres Augur

Not had any fails since the first couple of weeks after the launch of the new agents/quests etc.
    I think they fixed something around then

I have also not had any missing quests since they did whatever it was to try and fix that - so I'm pretty happy

What I have seen a massive increase in is the number of incapacitated agents. Since it started, I've been running at around 5 incapacitated at any one time. That easily doubled with the launch of the new stuff.
    And since the patch it's doubled again, on my main account I have 24 incapacitated (that's doing 5 quests every 12 hours). Not complaining about that, it just is

I would, however, complain that the recovery quests are still not working, that's just really annoying
  19. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

Kinda rare i log on one account i get a crit failure! i goto my other account and get a failure what i find is weird is this happens when failing was rare. Ever since they added new quests agents the failure rate seems higher than it should and the incap on agents is a alot higher as i always have alot that i cant use just find it strange.
  20. Elyssanda Bardbrain

logged in today to 5 missing missions on my 2 accounts.. :(o_O