Cannot Reproduce [Item] Fiendish Delights' click effect has stopped working.

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by ZenMaster, Oct 3, 2020.

1. ZenMaster formless, shapeless

Greetings,

The 'Scent of Darkness' click effect on my 'Fiendish Delights' has stopped working. There is no effect upon right-click but when out of line of sight it says, 'You cannot see your target.' It looks like it was bugged in a recent patch.

Thank you.
    Mithra likes this.
  2. Duder Augur

Where do these "Fiendish Delights" come from?
  3. ZenMaster formless, shapeless

I bought mine in Bazaar. It has 'Magic, Lore Item' tag and AoN icon. My best guess is it is a no longer dropped from pre-2003 Halloween GM event.
  4. ZenMaster formless, shapeless

As a follow up:

I attempted troubleshooting with a GM.

GM gave me a new 'Fiendish Delights' to test.

The item effect still did not work on mobs and my character in different zones. My chat remained blank upon right-click but did receive 'You cannot see your target' when out of line of sight. Also, there was no visual spell effect (previously haze/smoke on target) nor debuff/effect icon in target window (when targeting mobs).
  5. ZenMaster formless, shapeless

The GM has played my character and duplicated the issue but could not correct the problem. He has filed a report.

Thank you for your time in reviewing this bug.
    Duder likes this.
  6. ZenMaster formless, shapeless

I failed to mention this earlier. The item stopped working within the last 2 patches (August or September 2020 patch). I am thinking the problem may be a due to a recent spell database change.
  7. ZenMaster formless, shapeless

I am hoping a fix will be in for the November patch. :)
  8. Paladin Augur

Is this a Nimbus? DoT click? Is it all / all?
  9. ZenMaster formless, shapeless

This item click is still broken as of CoV launch. :(
  10. ZenMaster formless, shapeless

The effect still won't click. :(
  11. Jakezerni New Member

What class and race are you? What server?
  12. ZenMaster formless, shapeless

This item still does not work as of 17 Feb 2021 patch. :(
  13. ZenMaster formless, shapeless

Does not work as of 19 May 2021 patch. :(
  14. Rondor Augur

It would be great to catalogue more information about this item "Fiendish Delights" as I have not been able to find any reference to it in EQ item lists on various websites. It sounds like an interesting item with its clicky.

ZenMaster, may we know what server this is currently located on, and if the item is no-trade? You mentioned buying it in the bazaar, so it may be tradeable on all servers, or maybe it's no-trade except on Firiona Vie.

Thank you!
    Velisaris_MS likes this.
  15. Velisaris_MS Augur

I too am curious what this item is and where it came from. Neither Zam nor EQR has a listing for it.
    Rondor and Moege like this.
  16. ZenMaster formless, shapeless

Thank you for your interest.

I am not the original owner. My belief is that is was a early Halloween GM reward (1999-2002) that was uncovered and sold (tradable) recently. It shows the characteristic 'Magic Item Lore Item' mark of older items. I had only owned the item for 6 months before it stopped working. GM logged into my character and tested it. It is legitimate (likely not some long lost GM item).

I think it is best not to disclose the stats of the item at this time (until after fix and testing phase). It is probable that the dev team may put restrictions on it (recast delay).
    Rondor likes this.
  17. ZenMaster formless, shapeless

Bumping for assistance. Item effect is still broken. :)
  18. TrueNorth Developer

Currently unable to reproduce this problem.

Can you provide additional information? Specifically:
    • What class is your character?
    • What race is your character?
    • What level is your character?
    Thank you!
  19. ZenMaster formless, shapeless

Hi TrueNorth.

Class: Shadowknight
    Race: Human
    Level: 115

I will PM you my character name and server. A GM was able to log on my character, encounter the same issue (unable to click effect), and write a report.

Thank you very much!