Why can't ADPS be fun too? (Bard)

Discussion in 'Hybrid' started by Shakara, Apr 10, 2021.

1. Szilent Augur

ain't playing a song for a questionable heal every 45s, it's for the mana
  2. Szilent Augur

bard dots take 1 extra slot per resist type, which covers all bards on the raid. It's not per dot per bard. A single bard has their slot efficiency cut in half by that terrible design, but for 5-6+ bards it's a much more minor "tax" on the dps of each.
    Black likes this.
  3. Svann2 The Magnificent

Ok, but even so, still not as good as necro dots, are they? Its been awhile since I looked but I think not.
  4. Bienu New Member

Adps is not seen as "fun" because its not an easy thing to parse pad. I don't know how it is in other guilds, but its a frequent issue in mine, where on achievement nights where control is required, the parse padders come very close to ruining events. Any decent dps knows that their performance is intimately tied to the adps coordination in their group.

I would rather our adps songs got a boost than our dots. They take up too many debuff slots, and dots encourage selfish/self centered gameplay. We have one bard who dots up the orbs on Aary, so his numbers look better.
  5. Elyssanda Bardbrain

Since none of us are to even look sideways at the orbs... Maed would have an aneurysm if a bard was dotting them.
  6. Szilent Augur

Their hp are locked at 100, it's nbd to look at them any way you please (as long as that look isn't snaring). If a tank is losing agro on an orb they want to have agro on, that's 100% the tank's fault.
    Axel likes this.
  7. Axel Furry Hats OP

As more bards cast the same dot, our damage per debuff slot is actually better than many necro lines, and unless you have 2 necros + SKs dotting (or 3 necros) you're rarely going to see debuffs bounce. So often do I hear that debuffs bounce when there's clearly at least 30 debuffs open. Really they just got resisted.
  8. Cragzop Cranky Wizard

Except corruption lines, nothing is getting resisted in the raid game that often ... especially necro spells .. too many negative buff modifiers or inherent spell modifiers in the game. As a wizard over a cycle, I'm getting less than 2 percent resist and almost all of that is coming from AEs.

For us, resists are bounces. And if you have 30 debuff slots left on a mob ... well, I don't even know how that's possible with a 45+ man raid force.

On our cycle parses, bard dots are okay. Druids blow them out of the water. And you've got to get to the 6-7th dot for necros before bard dots are close (we run 3 necros, sometimes 4 if the event can handle like Defenders). And if you have 5 bards, remember that the damage per debuff slot needs to be adjusted down 20 percent (assuming all are dotting all 4 lines). Our SKs tank and don't waste buff slots so I don't have a good sense of what you see for them.

Raid force makeup varies and bards dotting is never bad. But at least in our raid force, it's not the be all end all.