SoD Raids - any pet class soloable?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Deux, Aug 30, 2021.

1. Deux Corpse Connoisseur

Are any of the SoD raids past Bertox pet class soloable? I'm working my way through this xpac progression and would like to complete the raids if possible but i don't want to waste hours on the raids if they can't be done by 1 single pet class player. No boxes no friends just me and Zobeker thanks in advance.
  2. demi Augur

I would say depends on class and lvl and AA's gear .. im assuming your a mage cause you didnt say your warder.. mage I think would be hard cause you have no healer , yes you can heal your own pet but not really yourself .. so makes it hard .

Beast and necro prolly stand a better chance .. and again it depends on AA's lvl and gear.
    Deux likes this.
  3. Alnitak Augur

To test yourself you can go to TBM zones (or a mission) and fight a named in there. Queen Malarian (first SoD raid) is very similar in HP/dps and AE to those nameds. If you can solo those (and you should be able to at 115 with some AA and gear). Between health potions, Feather, Ward a mage should do ok. Definitely doable by a beastlord or a necro.
    Deux likes this.
  4. Laronk Augur

Dont worry at 115 the issue is more that they're boring
    Deux likes this.
  5. demi Augur

how do we know he is 115 ? he didnt say anything about what class he is or his lvl AA ..

SoD was/is a lvl 80 to 85 lvl era expansion which means raids were geared in difficulty for a 54 man raid between lvl 85 to 90 .. sure a solid 1 group of 105's or 110 could and a 115 healer class type could solo it depending on class .. but a non healer even with potions im finding it difficult to believe could solo those raids ..

healer pet class that can heal themselves also sure .. a pally , SK , necro, bst , rangr ..

cleric , druid maybe .. im not sure if a warrior , zerker, rogue, bard or wizzy or enchanter could .. but ive never tried doing a solo raid except for Anguish for the orb .. and even then I would always do it with a healing class of some type and just drag the alt along for the orb ..
    Deux likes this.
  6. Eaedyilye More stonehive bixies.

A mage at 115 would burn Queen Malarian quickly. According to Alla she has about 21.5 million hp's. Which is about the same as trash mobs in TOV tier 1. It would be a yawner.
    Deux likes this.
  7. demi Augur

again we have no idea what lvl OP is .. he/she never stated their lvl .. if we assume he/she is 115 then prolly they could do the raid .. but there is more to raids than just 1 NPC usually there are other mechanics and AE's to worry about .. granted at 115 more than likely they would resist any AE's ..

unless i missed it somewhere on what lvl OP is .. if he was say lvl 100 or 105 i doubt a mage could solo it ..
    Deux likes this.
  8. Mazame Augur

Yes most raid in SoD can be solo with a pet class.
    The issue you will have is "Trophy Room" event. The event it self is not hard and would be easy to solo but you need 6 people in zone to start the event. It not like other raids where you can just add people to request and then they can go on their way. for this event you have to get 6 toons to zone in and enter the trophy room.

I wish they would go back and remove these dumb flag requirements because trying to find other to do these old event is not easy.
    Kaenneth and Deux like this.
  9. Deux Corpse Connoisseur

THanks Mazame...sorry I wasn't more descriptive in my OP. I'm 115 nec with good gear and AA. Survivability and DPS aren't my issues...when I looked at Blackburrow & BK raids, for instance, they seemed like they were geared towards mechanics requiring multiple people.

Thank you to everyone for the feedback.
    demi likes this.
  10. Smokezz The Bane Crew

Kith is soloable if you're fast enough. I've done it on my Rogue. BB needs multiple people.
    Rondor and Deux like this.
  11. Aneia Master

Blackburrow No (requires 8? people at various locations)
    Temple of Bertox Yes
    Bloody Kithicor Yes
    Kaesora Library Probably. I tried this as 115 SK, failed due to timing/balancing not survivability. Similar to Solteris #3
    Kurns Tower Yes
    Field of Scale Yes
    Koruscian Warrens Yes
    Rathe Council Chambers
    - Brothers Zek Maybe. It was difficult in era, but afaik no hard fail or minimum character mechanics
    - Eriak's Downfall Yes
    - Rallos Returns Yes
    Toskirakk Yes
    Korafax
    - Pallorax Yes
    - Mindshear Yes
    - Venomlord Yes
    Citadel of the Worldslayer
    - Mindblight Yes
    - Trophy Room Yes
    - Stasis Maybe. A lot of mechanics. Main issue is dealing with the tank banishment on curator. Haven't tried soloing this.
    - Scrying Yes
    - Sacrifice Probably. Main issue is perma rooted balance mobs, so, expect chain summoning
    - Overlord Muram Maybe. A lot of mechanics, including silence aura (use DA), DT cure, melee imune mob (i think your pet will do full damage though). Haven't tried soloing this.
    - Edge of Destruction Maybe. Main issue is curing the DT.

If you're 115 NEC CoV group or raid geared, you should be able to do most of these. Bring 1-2 similarly geared friends (or 7 in the case of BB) and you'll slam everything. You might fail a few times learning how to do the events, but everything should be achievable. Bottlenecks like BB really irritate me (similar issue in HoT Ritual of Terror); other examples include lockpick-only chests (HoT Tick Tock), 7+ members required to request (SoF Steamfactory) or trigger like Mazame commented. Good luck, trying them is half the fun.
    Deux and Ozon like this.