Where is the City of Copper?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Tblade48, Aug 27, 2021.

1. Tblade48 New Member

During the 22nd anniversary tasks the City of Copper was mentioned several times. No mention of it has been seen since.
    Does it exist? If not will it ever make it into the game? Enquiring minds want to know.
  2. Svann2 The Magnificent

IIRC that quest's ending text seemed to imply that the quest would be continued later.
  3. Nennius Curmudgeon

Would the end result look like this?

[IMG]
  4. ZenMaster formless, shapeless

It could be the name or nickname of the Ondine city in Loruella. Perhaps, the devs will release a Loruella zone for an upcoming anniversary? Especially now that we know that the next 2 expansions will probably be on Luclin.
    Szilent and Coagagin like this.
  5. Hellowhatsyourname Augur

New content… HAHAHAHHAHAHSHSHAHS

You’re so funny!
    Fenthen likes this.
  6. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

I kinda think that this 22nd anniversary quest could just as easily have been a lore-reference to the Gnome Memorial Mountain though that was 20th anniversary content.

However, GMM was a "preserved city" created by the Combine Empire while the City of Copper was something very different that was washed away by a calamity, perhaps a Tsunami is implied by the washed-away term, and the ruins are lying at the bottom of an ocean.

Another "city of rivets" being discovered seems to too closely mirror GMM though, I would see little point in it being an actual zone you could visit and it best serves as some lost place from which interesting trinkets, weapons or creatures may have survived in hidden places around Norrath that can lead players on a discovery trail that never leads to the actual city but which allows them to build up a history about it through quests and discoveries of things connected to it.
    Svann2 likes this.
  7. Accipiter Old Timer

All underwater zones. Wouldn't be surprised...
  8. Febb Augur

I'm pretty sure that quest was referring to Erillion, City of Bronze since that is where you have to go for the 4th step in A Riveting Tale.
    Fenthen likes this.
  9. Svann2 The Magnificent

No but it may be linked to Erillion in some way.