Mischief was supposed to be chaotic!

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Chainsaw_Massacre, Aug 26, 2021.

1. Chainsaw_Massacre New Member

Taking advice from a known krono lords lovely little spreadsheet really makes the most sense here? Why not just let the server play out? Don't get me wrong, changing the PoG mini's was smart. Adding everything to a nice cozy tier list spread sheet is not.

Bait and switch achievement accomplished? I think so!
    Boze and Mashef like this.
  2. TheGoblin Elder

It is chaotic! We killed Tormax last night and got 2 Gharn's, a robe, a helm, necklace, shield, pauldrons, other Vulak loot - 4 ancient spells, PLUS Tormax loot.

This is what we wanted! This is great!
    Ozon likes this.
  3. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

4. Dailor Augur

I will be presenting this case to the authorities. Please LIKE my post if you want to be included and represented as a plaintiff in my Class Action Lawsuit against Bobby D. Bick.
    Karreck, Astral64, Boze and 4 others like this.
  5. Accipiter Old Timer

So what happened to you that made you create this thread?
  6. Gnothappening Augur

Not being able to 2 group named for max loot has them cramping up.
    Skuz likes this.
  7. Catashe Augur

Swear people ain't gonna be happy til they can go out to WW and kill the nest dragons for Vulak loot...
    Siah, Skuz and Ozon like this.
  8. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Grass snakes in the commonlands more like
    Triconix likes this.
  9. Gnothappening Augur

Let's be real. They want to go up to the agent of change and instead of asking to go the instance, they ask it to hand them the loot from that zone.
    Siah and Skuz like this.
  10. Kahna Augur

OP specifically talking about the chance to have garbage loot drop off high tier mobs, because without that risk the random aspect is boring. Losing the risk of getting bad loot eats into the charm of the server.
  11. Catashe Augur

and in two weeks they'll get that when they see yet ANOTHER Yelinak/King Tormax loot pile drop off of Vulak or AoW... Cause lets face it.. only thing you want on those two are the heads
  12. Ravanta Suffer Augur

Just did 4 yelinak splits, all yelinak loot on all of them. But it's even worse, they only had ONE set of Yelinak loot.
  13. Dragnath Elder

What would be the issue if WW nest dragons had a 0.01% chance of dropping Vulak loot? The point of this server was to be random and fun...

The idea that a casual can end up randomly getting loot that they couldn't obtain before because they are not in a top raid guild would likely bring back retired players who don't have enough time in their lives to dedicate to EQ.

Literally every other server out there caters to the elite raiders and Krono farmers, why not let this server be random and casual.
    Stymie likes this.
  14. ViciousEQ Elder

I added this to my class action bug report. Two guilds on Thornblade saw the same exact thing this week. No one I know of has gotten anything but Yeli loot on the instanced version of Yeli. Yelinak is being ignored..

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq/index.php?threads/yelinak-and-random-loot.277152/
    We have to mass "like" this thread for it to get any visibility with their management.
  15. verbatim Elder

The new loot system is great, really hope to see them implement it like this in future expansions.
  16. TheGoblin Elder

Here is a triplett dragon in ToV, able to be small manned:

[IMG]

Normally these dragons are left behind and never killed. Here they are. Nothing on this server gets ignored. I'm not sure what else people want - were you expecting Vulak and AoW loot from trash mob dragons in WW (which you had for the first week with Maraaka anyways). Do you want Emp and AHR loot in Luclin from Griegs end? That would cause burnout faster than not having it on those mobs.
  17. TheGoblin Elder

So no matter what the devs do, no one is going to be happy. We were promised random and we got random. ST loot after it awoke is dropping in ToV. That's random. I'm sorry it's not your version of random though.

Why don't you make a spreadsheet with what mobs can drop what for Luclin and post it. Put some effort into it and you might be taken more seriously then "put everything on everything with some chance to drop everything" You already agree there should be tiers, so lets see your Luclin list. With your list I can't wait to 18 split Servitor of Grieg every week and to camp him every 6 hours he could spawn hoping for the 1 in 50 AHR loot...
  18. Gnothappening Augur

It actually wouldn't be so bad if it was 0.1%. The problem is, they get the same amount of chances and right now loot drops up to 10x as much, with an average between 3x and 6x as much as normal. So sure, 1 in 1000 for a single piece of end game loot off of the dragons wouldn't be horrible, but 400% end game loot from them sucks.
    Abundant likes this.
  19. Accipiter Old Timer

That's a good idea. Sort of like the chase items in the most recent 3-4 expansions. Small chance but when it drops, it's fun. A video game is supposed to be about fun, people.

Edit: I don't expect DPG to do this, though, because it's extra work on top of what they are already doing for these servers.
  20. Gnothappening Augur

You are also getting random.

As for the loot pinatas, I know I don't like it. I wish mobs were only dropping the correct amount of loot. BTW, you think people are QQ about the loot now, watch as both sides jump you for suggesting they tone down how much loot each mob drops.