Why can't ADPS be fun too? (Bard)

Discussion in 'Hybrid' started by Shakara, Apr 10, 2021.

1. Tucoh Augur

It'd probably be impossible to do this in a comprehensive way.

Showing that a bard contributed X dps because his party casted Troubadour's Synergy N times is trivial with gamparse (if your log is complete....). Trying to calculate the improved damage from increased ATK provided by War March less so. An EQ dev could probably look at the equations and data and estimate how much moving from 5k to 6k attack (or whatever) helped that berserker, but it'd just be a stochastic guess.
  2. Darchon_Xegony Augur

Separates the bard boxes with /melody and 1-2 burn hotkeys from the main bards.
  3. Genusii Journeyman

Tank, DPS, heal. That's it.

ADPS is not fun because it isn't a class.
    Waitwhat likes this.
  4. Shakara Augur

I don't see why that is an argument to why it shouldn't be. ADPS has always been a staple of Ench, Sham, Bard so it seems like it is a class to me.
    Jennre likes this.
  5. Shakara Augur

6. Shakara Augur

That would be tough to do with how buffs affect the players. For this to work APDS would have to all be flat damage bonus or procs which there is nothing wrong with it would just be a very drastic change. Personally I am okay with not knowing exactly how much is being added but I would like to see significant differences when someone is receiving ADPS and when they are not as well i would like to see significant differences when someone is good at giving APD and when someone is not.
    Szilent likes this.
  7. Jennre Band Leader

I think ALL ranged items should be coded as Bows or Throwing. It seems silly that a "range item" has no range component associated with it. Its just another erroneous gear slot that serves no purpose other than to add stats.
    Cuuthbert, Bigstomp and Szilent like this.
  8. Jennre Band Leader

I think its pretty fun. Definitely satisfying knowing that you make your team better.
    Elyssanda, Sancus and Marton like this.
  9. Accipiter Old Timer

I'd be fine with it as long as it is designed in such a way that it utilizes the core songs we use (whether melee set or caster set) and doesn't force me to make decisions regarding tradeoffs. Otherwise it's just too complicated.
  10. Chorus Augur

Given our adps songs are now down to 2 songs total, since there isn't a time when using dots isn't the best option now ... complicated isn't the word I'd use. Can pretty much throw out the idea of a different set for caster vs. melee these days. Tank set still applies though, but in the group game no one will be using that.
    Elyssanda likes this.
  11. Cuuthbert Augur

A lot of differing opinions here. ADPS from bards is amazing and depending on your group, you can mix in different songs to bolster your group. I have never heard of any group in a raid not begging for a bard. Even the main tank groups if they get a bard that puts in a good line up that increase the amount of heal, runes and mitigation clamor for a bard when they can get one. I do believe though that the songs that help Direct Damage spells could use a little help. Other than that I am very happy with our ADPS abilities and our Synergy is a monster.
  12. Szilent Augur

I use the "tank set" (really the healing set, Pulse+Reckless, not shabby AC/rune songs or whatever) pretty much just when grouped with tanks & their healers -- which is to say, in the group game. In raids, the first half dozen bards are headed for DPS groups where Pulse & Reckless not so great.
  13. Tucoh Augur

Yeah, reckless is one of the key songs in my group in difficult group content, especially if I'm not with a cleric that's just blowing up the group with overhealing.
  14. Svann2 The Magnificent

What do you use for songs 3 and 4 instead of pulse and reckless, specifically? Because I was under the impression that our proc songs got nerfed last Feb. Since then Ive gone to aria, march, insult insult, pulse, insult insult, reckless insult insult
  15. Svann2 The Magnificent

The necros complain when the debuff slots are all full and necro dots start bouncing.
    edit: in raids that is
  16. Szilent Augur

in raid melee dps groups? I don't replace Pulse & Reckless, I just drop them to have a tighter rotation.

yeli aria yeli march yeli dot1 yeli dot2 yeli dot3 yeli dot4 yeli crescendo
  17. Svann2 The Magnificent

Ok, you use dots instead. You dont have issues with necro dots bouncing?
  18. Cragzop Cranky Wizard

A bard worrying about slots on a mob?

HAHAHAHA

...plus all those swarm pets...
  19. Svann2 The Magnificent

Well yea. When you look at dps per debuff slot I think bard's dot is no where near necro dots. Remember that bard dots take 2 slots per so its only half as efficient as what the numbers initially indicate.
  20. Wulfhere Augur

But Crescendo cant crit heal without a Reckless buff active right?