Yelinak Random Loot?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Gnomie, Aug 25, 2021.

1. Gnomie Denser than most

I'm just curious if anyone else has seen random loot off of Yelinak since the hotfix?

We killed him last night and he dropped Yelinak only loot. Saw a few other guilds drop him and asked, and they all reported that he only dropped his own loot as well.

Maybe just RNG, but sample size is currently too low to confirm one way or the other.
  2. Pikallo Augur

We had a spicy yelinak corpse yesterday. Definitely drops top tier.
    Gnomie likes this.
  3. Shindar The Reaver Journeyman

Full NToV clear and we had nothing but Yelinak and Dain loot :( all about random loot but come on at least balance the stuff out
  4. HoodenShuklak Augur

Did you kill west wing first?
  5. Gnomie Denser than most

Just what I wanted to hear, thanks!
  6. TheGoblin Elder

We had a Yeli corpse yesterday in GiG that rolled 2 Yeli's, Vulak and Tunare. It was over 30 loots including spells. WE GOT RICH BOYS.
  7. Shindar The Reaver Journeyman

nah Ntov and doze
  8. Shindar The Reaver Journeyman

big chuck of the loot was just primal weapons and dain heads
  9. Green_Mage Augur

I can confirm that CT dropped nothing but Yelinak loot. All earrings....
  10. ViciousEQ Elder

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq/index.php?threads/yelinak-and-random-loot.277152/

Like the above thread in the bug reports.

Also...

When you guys get Yelinak and only Yelinak loot post a screen shot in that thread I linked. I don't think people at EQ realize that Yelinak... for some reason... is dropping loot on the top tier loot mobs about 40-50% of the time, and often times its just his loot dropping. Minus the head and neck as well which is horrid, especially for DZ only guilds.

We believe there must be a bug with this. RNG is RNG sure... but Yelinak is appearing 50% of the time in a pool of 6 possible mobs? That is not right.

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq/index.php?threads/yelinak-and-random-loot.277152/
  11. Protocol Dragon Defender

This is OW right?

Yelinak loot seems to be broken in DZ only.
  12. theonepercent Augur

Does the sleeper script spawn some special version of Yelinak that got included in the random loot somehow?
    MasterMagnus likes this.
  13. MasterMagnus The Oracle of AllHigh

I don't know, just a wild guess.

Could it be randomized over the Loot Pool, not the Mob Pool?

Yel is 1/6 of the mobs, but does Yel loot represent closer to 50% of the total loot items in the pool?

Or this. Is there more than one version of Yel in the mob pool? Skewing the randomness toward him.
  14. Lemerian Elder

Yelinak does not represent even close to 50% of the potential loot. Vulak alone has much more loot than him.
    MasterMagnus likes this.
  15. MasterMagnus The Oracle of AllHigh

Ding ding ding, Ngreth says 'We have a winner!'

apparently there are 4 distinct versions.

And consequently 4 treasure tables.

16. Dvinn New Member

We killed her on thornblade, had a double spawn in dz. first dropped a lot of vulak (haste belt, mask) and aow loot (monk legs) plus some yelinak stuff. 2nd dropped only yelinak loot and substantially less items.
  17. HekkHekkHekk Augur

Shout out to mischief to finally getting this double spawn yeli fixed.
    Boze likes this.
  18. Geoux Lorekeeper

My guild, Pacifica, had a double-Yeli spawn last week. Bit of an eye-opener to see two dragons there, but when we got them down we wound up with a pinata on one body, and standard Yeli on the other. What might be happening is that if there's a fix in place to prevent the twin spawn, it could be eliminating the 'wrong' spawn and leaving us with Base Yeli at least part of the time.
  19. Kumiko_Lockjaw Elder

I hope, its fixed now.

WTB Ruby Tear / Poison Tear
  20. ViciousEQ Elder

Yeli is definitely not "fixed" yet.

Still observing a metric ton of Yeli loot as if the 4-5 versions of the mob are still influencing drops, at least in instances. Hoping for some more official word on Yelinak's status soon from devs in the bug forum.