Warders Loot from sleepers tomp - DEV please read!!

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by DruidStorm69, Aug 20, 2021.

1. Cicelee Augur

I don't think the question should be whether you wake the sleeper or not, but rather...

Who on Earth is paying $1400 for an EQ weapon that will become irrelevant in a couple months?1?1

I am not here to tell people what they should do with their money. I just find it beyond comprehension that (a) someone thinks that someone else will pay $1400 for pixels that are worthless in a couple months and (b) someone out there will actually pay $1400 for pixels that will be worthless in a couple months.
  2. Hdizzle Augur

I mean thats only ~140 krono haha. Anyone can sell that many Krono between TLP releases. If someone sold on average one krono every other day for 10$ ... We all know there players with over 500 krono stacked by now.

Stop crying, if you got your SOD this time are you going to not join next year's dumb TLP too? Yes you will, that is the proven historical pattern of Truebox TLP servers; and they dev's know that, hence why they dangle the perfect (almost) ruleset every year.

Its 2021, you can't be bad at everquest and not be able to buy gear on an advertised pay to win server. Can't pick both.
  3. Cicelee Augur

That is true, there are people with 500 krono. However if someone is selling on one of those sites, are they looking for $1400 or 140 krono?
  4. MustardonWatermelon Elder

I looked there the other day when someone mentioned that Thornblade also woke the sleeper. It seems that people post there and specifically ask for krono as payment for all kinds of eq related selling.
  5. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

I find it more people that there are people that accumulate krono as the meta game within the game than there are that sell them. The time investment vs revenue potential (particularly when many of these people run many boxes and have to use the krono to pay for them) makes doing this as a living a waste of time unless you're the top of the top on earning stuff.

So the idea there are a thousand people selling for RMT is just dumb. People just do it for krono, collect krono, then waste dumb amounts for toys they want.
    Bobbybick likes this.
  6. Gnothappening Augur

I always eat 6 a month and sometimes eat 12 a month for account subs. Then there are those that I end up trading for gear. So yeah, gathering krono is like a game within a game. It also makes it easier to explain to the sig' other that the game doesn't cost you anything to play vs explaining why you are spending more than the cable bill on a video game.
  7. oldkracow 9999 Is the Krono Account Limit

It's best to view krono as useless pixels you can trade for random junk in a game for kicks.
    If you view it as $$ you'll quickly see your time is far more valuable and it becomes a chore instead of a hobby.
    Tweakfour17 likes this.
  8. Stymie Pendragon

@Hek, after the illusion potion wears off... :p
    [IMG]
    Duder likes this.
  9. BigDog Elder

[IMG]
    HekkHekkHekk likes this.
  10. MustardonWatermelon Elder

Yeah, because people would pay and/or give KYC to that website, just so they can get verified on the site...so they can post that they are selling items for krono...and not sell the krono.

Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight.
  11. Triconix Augur

I also find that this krono obsession seems to be mainly on TLPs. Maybe I just didn't pay attention to it on live as I have zero need/want from kronos on live, but TLPs were a real eye opener. Everything is krono this krono that.

I've definitely acquired my share of plat and krono on live, but it was just natural progression while killing stuff and turning TS stuff into items or selling leftover collector shinies. It definitely wasn't my focus like what it seems to be for many people on TLPs, and all that income just rots on my char. I haven't even turned my trader on this year as it's just a waste of time.
  12. Accipiter Old Timer

Hey!
  13. oldkracow 9999 Is the Krono Account Limit

I would thank those folks who play this game like a job it allows some of us to just pay pennies on the dollar for a little more fun. :D
  14. Veteranplayer Apprentice

Lol vicious calling other people casual. Bud I was in your guild a few years back when you awoke the sleeper. None of the monks got the loot in the guild, so I quit. You treat your guild mates worse than you treat other players. You say f**ked up stuff to them in disc when they make tiny mistakes, and you yourself have shallow knowledge of most of the classes. It's actually the most toxic environment I've seen in gaming out side of league of legends. You do feed on the hatred, you have some odd complex. I truly hope they investigate the SoD sale cause you did this exact same thing a few years back for your own pocket. You only want those other dungeons to be 1 time deals so you can repeat the little trick you do in st there also. You berate and push your "friends" in order to make some pennies. Sad bro.

The red Sox suck.
  15. ViciousEQ Elder

You are either lying or you are misinformed. I have never been in, or led a guild that woke the sleeper. Ever. Period.
    Xygorx likes this.
  16. Gnomie Denser than most

Weeeeellllllllllllllllll, we know RI had a few puppet strings with Fallen Council waking it on Coirnav. But to everyone's credit, sleeper did stay asleep for quite a while on Coirnav compared to other servers.
  17. Enuen Journeyman

"Someone has something that I don't and now my life is ruined!"

Would it have been cool to get some 1.0 loot for myself? Sure
    Is the game "ruined" now, does the game cease to be playable? Uh, no.

Just stop with the dramatics.
  18. Tweakfour17 Augur

So go get some! Its dropping from multiple targets post-awakening.
  19. HekkHekkHekk Augur

There seems to be some confusion as to who woke the sleepy dragon. It was Fansy the bard.
  20. Veteranplayer Apprentice

Yeah ok Rob. This was on coirnav. Ever since then your wised up and paid people to awaken it for you. On mangler you paid the mage army guy, and on this server you spent your money to buy keys on the opposite server and awaken it. "Daddy's lil secret" yeah dude I know your lame sense of humour and I know how much personal money you spend to pull of these incredibly childish antics. Your scared as they are going to look into it. And after these changes and them reading the forums, yeah I think you need to be.