Enchanter Deity

Discussion in 'Casters' started by YinsYang, Aug 21, 2021.

1. YinsYang New Member

Sorry if this is noobish question. I just picked EQ back up after about 20 years away. I picked an Enchanter and got it to lvl 10, but then realized I had accidently picked Bertox as my deity. I know back in classic EQ you always wanted to pick agnostic, especially as an enchanter. Does this mistake matter in modern EQ?
  2. Qisa New Member

Since you are only level 10, I would suggest you reroll your character and go with agnostic.
    Owl56 likes this.
  3. Genusii Journeyman

Hey Yins,

I played an enchanter following Karana. I discovered no draw backs from this. I chose it to wear cultural armor that gave +agi (Tunare gave some other stats). I am not sure if bertox has any bonus; however, check it out before you see it as a negative.

This is old stuff and not applicable to current live content.

Genusii
  4. Hythos Augur

Starting out with any evil diety will make it difficult compared to being Agnostic.
    However, as an enchanter, you'd still be ok 'cause of Alliance spells.

My first enchanter in 1999 was of Innoruuk and had a tough time. Everything after then, up until Thornblade was Ag., but I went back 'to my roots' with an Inny DE - and I've survived (so far).
  5. Xyroff-cazic. Director of Sarcasm

Anyone recommending you re-roll due to deity must have missed that you're asking about modern EQ. Being agnostic has no advantages in the modern game. In classic EQ (or if playing on a classic era TLP server) being agnostic can be helpful to prevent you from being KOS in racial home cities. That does not matter at all in modern EQ.
    Szilent likes this.