Everyone should be happy - ST 1.0 now dropping off raid mobs

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by TheGoblin, Aug 24, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tweakfour17 Augur

Everything constantly changing is also in the spirit of the server :p
    Boze and Yinla like this.
  2. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

We could change it every week :p
  3. Accipiter Old Timer

Hello, Rich. Pleased to meet you.
    Stymie likes this.
  4. Ravanta Suffer Augur

Ngreth said he made some updates based on that spreadsheet, but not following it, and no...I couldn't even access it. The link said I had to request it.

More to my point though, is I'm expressing my opinion that the loot rules could be communicated better, and more clearly.
  5. Duder Augur

So, when is the retroactive change coming for other TLPs and live?
  6. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

Your consolation is that your server isn't destined to be dumped into FV.
    Daidraco, Hardtry and Duder like this.
  7. Gnothappening Augur

Anyone able to link that spreadsheet? A working copy of it I mean.
  8. Sokki Still Won't Buff You!!

9. Kylo Classic Augur

the loot rules? It's random.
  10. Gnothappening Augur

11. ViciousEQ Elder

Based on what we've observed so far on both servers, enjoy:

**Tier 1**
    Vulak`Aerr
    The Avatar of War
    Tunare
    Cazic Thule
    King Tormax
    Lord Yelinak

**Tier 2**
    Master of the Guard
    The Final Arbiter
    Sleeper’s 1.0 Warders
    Sleeper’s 2.0 Ancients
    The Progenitor
    Zlexak
    Cekenar
    Sevalak
    Lady Nevederia
    Jorlleag
    Aaryonar
    Lord Feshlak
    Lord Kreizenn
    Lord Mirenilla
    Lord Vyemm
    Dozekar the Cursed
    Lord Koi`Doken
    Dagarn the Destroyer

**Tier 3**
    Dain Frostreaver IV
    The Statue of Rallos Zek
    Eashen of the Sky
    Lord Dolijamsdafhadshs
    Lendiniara the Keeper
    Gozzrem
    Telkorenar
    Ikatiar the Venom
    Kelorek`Dar
    Klandicar
    Sontalak
    Harla`Dar
    Zlandicar
    Velketor the Sorcerer
    Wuoshi

**Tier 4**
    Hall of Testing Drakes
    Crystal Guardian
    PoG Minis
    Derakor the Vindicator
    Lodizal
  12. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Was anything Done with WW?
  13. Sunriver Journeyman

I wish at least tier 3 and 4 had been condensed. Disappointing to say the least.

Thanks for sharing the information, at least.
  14. Krote New Member

Hopefully never. It's really taken the excitement out of seeing some of those rare items on people completely out of the game. After two weeks of shrouds, daggers, and SoDs dropping, people are really going to see what a horrible change this was, despite being within the spirit of the loot piñata this server is. The krono lords are going to make their plat for the first couple of weeks of this and then they're going to be as common as every other item. People are going to ghost from this server faster than ever before. It was a cool experiment though.
    Duder likes this.
  15. Gnomie Denser than most

Dozekar is a spicyboi, me like

[IMG]
    Siah and Bobbybick like this.
  16. Gnomie Denser than most

I disagree. I think this server will get better as time progresses.

Having played long into some other TLP's, and waiting for that one boss kill each week that has a 12% chance to drop the one item you really want, then not seeing it...week after week...really sucks sometimes. Once that boss was dead, the rest of the raid was just "oh well lets horde dkp until the next 12% chance".

Now every boss has a chance to drop that item, so every kill has a twinge of excitement.
  17. Kumiko_Lockjaw Elder

Whats good about Mischief, you can jump into the raid scene right away.
    Guild is in OOW?
    New player with only 3kr can buy full PoP elemental armor or gets it for free from his new guild.
    Can stuff the remaining empty slots with finst luclin and lower tier PoP items, play his role and catch up relativly quick.

If items would not be tradable and would not drop so often, a new player can just buy the tradable velious gear and some ornate armor and has a much harder time to catch up.
    Xanathol, Hythos and Bobbybick like this.
  18. Abundant Elder

If it makes any difference transparency wise. I owned 2 SoD early into Zek. Also had one Phinny. Literally makes no difference to me if there are servers offered where everyone gets to win and items don't have much significance. At the same time I've played 6 TLPs, 14 servers, and as a loyal customer waiting 6 TLPs have still not seen anything remotely close to true sandbox/original timeline w difficult xp, and no pvp sandbox or instance. I don't even enjoy PVP persay the same way I used to, but it would address a lot of cheaters that GMs still are not taking care of 24/7 and with full effort and integrity as Verant did. Diff strokes for diff folks, not saying anyone is bad either way or good either way. There are a massive amount of non-MMO'rs infusing console and RPG to MMO though. Hopefully Pantheon is raw enough or DBG/EG7 realize early day EQ was way better, unique, and much more successful than TLP ever was or will be. To say it can't be done again and better than TLP already has is poor marketing and business outlook and understanding. It's been 4 TLPs I've been telling staff members here to shutdown p99, basic stuff you don't let pirated material steal clients. Every single nerd saying they'd leave if servers were wiped, and they relaunched 10-20+ variety servers slow timeline to last (at worst keep 1 live and 1 tlp merged too), is a total lie. People don't disappear from this game, only the fair weathers who would stay around even longer if they came wasn't made so simple. EQ was always about the journey and adventure. Feel free to bring back more of that perhaps or don't. Rushing and continual short-lived server after another is not journey and adventure. It's Console/RPG based. Some of us would like to see the same friends for years and years. Not months and months. There's so many non 2000-2010 things live and TLP, but anyways maybe someday DBG/EG7 will offer EQr's real EQ, the reason many of us are here, not all.
  19. ShaggyG Lorekeeper

What you want is a pipe dream, it would require all of the top guilds actually working together in a non instanced environment to rotate raid bosses. If not that then it becomes the fippy and/or ragefire crapshoot of mass SK HT and mass mage armies. It is clear from the non dz TLPs that the top end is a terrible place where no one cares about reputation. If anything more guilds care about their reputation now due to recruitment, whereas on those servers the recruitment was based on who got the most loot, so you could be dicks and still recruit because you win the bosses. Now if a guild is full of a-holes people won't want to go there, that's better for the community imho.

Edit: You can try to say that ragefire is a good place now on the top end, but its also now instanced. Instances reduce community friction, everyone wants pixels, this server has honestly had one of the better communities because it doesn't matter if mass boxers/top guilds lock stuff down.
  20. Abundant Elder

I'd strongly disagree and even say that's an irrational statement from a Console/RPG player. One you're more than welcome to state nbd.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.