Most efficient way to do Scorched Wood faction?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Bronk, Aug 22, 2021.

1. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

2. Bigstomp Augur

It's really not that bad. I think you'll find that not worrying about maximizing it and just picking a side and going from there and writing it off as an evening of burynai/centaur slaughter will save you some frustration.
    As others said, illusions can help (or hinder).

Ogre+Gnome could not become KoS to burynai no matter what I did. Friend who was playing a bard and liked his air elemental illusion was constantly jumped by them even with max faction (but bard, he had fade)

Edit: Oh, also, if boxing. Make sure each toon gets on the hate list. You don't get faction for being in group for the kills. You have to actually be on the mobs hate list.
    CrazyLarth and Winnowyl like this.
  3. Mikana Augur

Netflix and Kill?
    Tucoh likes this.
  4. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

I ran into issues on Bad Horses and none of the illusion tricks were working for me. And could not get any of the other quests to raise faction because once again had to have it to get it.

But I came across a little note that said to go kill Helenus Politi which gives you an increase of The Clawdigger Clan +10

This mob repops very fast so it was pretty fast. Bonus if you need to do it during a faction bonus weekend
    Svann2 and Skuz like this.
  5. CrazyLarth Augur

2019 and 2020 they moved the TWO weeks Bonus up it used to be OCT 2018 and older not sure about this year or not but it still might start in Sept this year
  6. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Start with Burynai for mostly evil group, Centaur for mostly good.

Illusions will give you a faction boost but not enough to avoid having to kill to gain the faction you need.

This^

I used Dark Elf illusion masks from Loyalty/Golden Tickets then High Elf illusion shoulders from Ashengate Raid.
  7. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Wood Elf also works for good.
    Skuz and GoneFission like this.
  8. GoneFission Augur

I did the introductory run around the zone quest, then used illusions (dark elf and wood elf) to get almost all the remaining quests with a minimum of faction swing.