Most efficient way to do Scorched Wood faction?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Bronk, Aug 22, 2021.

1. Bronk Elder

I run a box group.

(Before all the box hate ramps up I should point out that I don't abuse it and I also use it to add LFG folks to my group so we don't sit around all day looking for a tank or healer.)

Anyway, they are mixed race which creates a problem because you need to do both the evil and the good factions to finish the content.

I guess I'll have to split them into two groups and do the content twice ....

I'm wondering what is the most efficient way to do this?

Should I just go full bore on one faction like centaurs and finish that quest line then go commit centaur genocide until I get the burynai faction high enough to do that quest line?

Is there a better way?
  2. Raccoo Augur

Illusions can help faction. If you're 115 and have a rogue/ranger in that group it should go rather quickly I would think.
  3. Cragzop Cranky Wizard

Skuz, Black, Metanis and 2 others like this.
  4. Bronk Elder

Why will a rogue/ranger help? I don't know much about those classes.
  5. Bronk Elder

Thanks for the link to EQResource.

I wasn't able to get much from using illusions - I have a chanter in my group. I can take another look at it.
  6. Raccoo Augur

HS assassinate
  7. Moege Augur

headshot/assassinate melts those as they are humanoids.
  8. Riou EQResource

https://factions.eqresource.com/factions.php?id=1859
    https://factions.eqresource.com/factions.php?id=1860

I believe these are the 2 respective factions for them, you can see the various Race, Classes and Deity's that give positive and negatives to each, you can of course only change your Race with illusions easily

So looking at the Centaurs if you are a for example Wood Elf Ranger who worships Tunare with 500+ Heroic Charisma you get a +1100 faction modifier on top of the faction you are at

and, using the same example set up, with the Burynai's you will be at a -649 faction modifier
  9. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Before deciding which side to start with check your faction with both.

Pretty sure I didn't do final.hail on either side until I'd got to the same point on the other so I didn't get large faction hit.
  10. Eaedyilye More stonehive bixies.

I dragged my new mage through this recently. (I wanted the golden rhino mount). With 2 level 115 mages I just just slaughtered stuff I needed to do. The faction both ways goes quickly. After completing this, my new mage is at good terms with both parties.
  11. Bronk Elder

>headshot/assassinate

Those sound like great skills but not great enough to spend the time to level up one of those classes. Do any mage-types have something similar?
  12. Eaedyilye More stonehive bixies.

Magicians don't have any special instant kill spell or ability, but if you burn your AA's the target mobs in the OP die quickly. You don't even need to use your AA's and those mobs still die fast.
  13. Tucoh Augur

What others said, plus alcohol and netflix. The burynai and centaurs won't see it coming
    Metanis likes this.
  14. Warpeace Augur

You could also consider the purchased faction lock potion and double faction potion 300DB each.
  15. Althalonas New Member

I started with the Centaur Merc quest, then got the Centaur main quest up to final hand in and then switched over and the the Buryani Merc and Main quest up to the last point.

Didn't require too much faction grinding on the whole but seemed like the logical way too go. Faction only seemed to matter to get the quest in the first place I could do the hand-in's or hails at lower faction levels than I needed to start things off.
  16. Heartland Augur

You could even use the Alliance spell to get over any minor faction issues to get the next quests.
    Ornate Velium Pendant can get you for any class
  17. Bronk Elder

Thanks for all the help!
  18. Gialana Augur

The /faction window helps with this. EQResource tells you what faction level is required for each quest.

Try illusions to get as many quests as you can.

If for instance you're able to get all of the centaur quests, you can then kill enough centaurs to get the burynai faction (with DE illusion) needed for the burynai quests. Then get the burynai quests before you finish the centaur quests so that you don't get the negative burynai faction before you have their quests.

With mixed groups, you can see how much faction is needed for each character. Some may just be a few kills away from being able to get the quests that the others in your group can already get. You could have just that character (and mercenaries) kill the needed mobs so the rest of your group doesn't get the negative faction. You could also use the faction lock potions and kill with the whole group. You could also have the whole group knock down the mob's hps (no DoTs or other hate over time spells), mem blur it, and have the one character finish the mob off. But at level 115, the single person in your group can probably kill the mob quick enough, especially with dps mercenaries, that mem blurring adds too much complication.
  19. Cadira Augur

I had mixed races and didn't want to put a lot of thought I to it when I did this a few times for alts.

My method - always bring my rogue if possible, just pick a faction at random, pop a double faction potion, slaughter a side, do the quests for the other, slaughter that side and do the opposite quests and done.

Netflix and alcohol are great recommendations as mentioned earlier. Don't try and make it more complicated that it has to be.
  20. CrazyLarth Augur

try to get all quests from both side before you start on one side.
    Gialana likes this.