Lifetime Accounts

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Lord Cenaruuk, Aug 19, 2021.

1. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

Can we just all agree that attempting to predict EverQuest's demise is impossible? EverQuest has outlived every single doomsday prediction. Just let the horse be dead. Stop. You're wrong no matter how you say it.
    Elyssanda and Nennius like this.
  2. Rauven Augur

It gets even worse considering that a lifetime membership is for five games not just EQ. While H1Z1 and EQ2 aren't doing so hot, EQ1 is doing fine, and DCUO has been growing enough to warrant extra investment.

I pointed this out, but the grognards want to stay in their bubbles as usual.
    code-zero likes this.
  3. Sokki Still Won't Buff You!!

I thought it was 3,000 in the last offering. But, either way those who took advantage of it are already in the plus now. I really regret not getting it for at least my main account.

I think the last round was just to boost sales before they sold the company. Those who bought it made out. Those who didn't are still making more profit for them. I don't think they can afford to offer it again, it's too much money lost in the long run. Congrats to those who spent the money to begin with, I don't see them offering it again anytime soon. They've even said so themselves that they don't plan to offer it again anytime soon.

/sigh I knew I should of bought it when I had the chance lol.
    Yinla likes this.
  4. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Not sure I would buy lifetimes atm.
  5. MasterMagnus The Oracle of AllHigh

Actually you are quite wrong about all you said here.

I have quite a good track record with predictions around here.

I said they 'jumped the shark' with ToV. And I've been saying for years they're going down a bad path.

What some people don't know about the phrase 'Jumped The Shark', is Happy Days lasted 7 years after the 'jump the shark' moment. 'Joanie Loves Chachi' lasted two years (after the shark), and then returned to the core show.

ToV = Jumped The Shark
    Mischief/Random Loot = Joanie Loves Chachi

My prediction is still outstanding, and things could change that, but I ain't seein' it yet.

*edit* check the Where's The Memes thread for the memes.
  6. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

Pretty sure 99.9% of the people that buy the lifetime subs play eq only! they should do a lifetime but with eq only since i missed the bus and got the golden armor and golden bag instead lol!

Andarriel
  7. Rauven Augur

Have you played the other games?
  8. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

I get what And is saying. I probably encounter as many folks who play other games as well as EQ as those that just play EQ. But if you limit to MMOs I would say most dont play other MMOs as well as EQ. At least most that I encounter and talk about it personally to dont. At least not concurrently.

Me... I play no other MMO then EQ and my gaming time ends up being about 90% EQ. Regardless of that I still have close to a 100 games in my steam act most I have yet to play... (sucker for a sale).
  9. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

Nope only EQ and passed on eq2! Once eq dies i wont be playing any online games.

Andarriel
    Yinla likes this.
  10. Flatchy Court Jester

Same here!
    Andarriel likes this.
  11. Slasher Augur

No and we should all hope to never see them again. Its a bad sign and means they need $ its short term thinking that hurts revenue in the future. Lifetime subs for a sub service are ALWAYS a bad business decision.
    Stymie likes this.
  12. CrazyLarth Augur

I did get that e-mail to do that Star Trek online -lifetime acct -lol but I only have time for one game EQ1 but I still regret not doing it. I have the EQ1 lifetime acct they still have my acct bugged here on the boards when I post it has to be reviewed before other can see it even after they fixed my DB coin in the game- so be carefully what you wish for.
  13. Accipiter Old Timer

See Cicilee's post. That's what I was trying to say.
  14. Accipiter Old Timer

/groan
    /eyeroll

Let me rephrase: IF DBG offers lifetime subscriptions again it will because they know the game's future is going to be shortlived.

Why do you take that statement to mean I am predicting the demise of EQ? I personally think it will live a long, long time still. Cicelee said exactly the same thing but I don't see anyone jumping down his/her throat.
  15. Cuuthbert Augur

I just wish I had made all my accounts life time when it was offered
    Nennius likes this.
  16. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

Just wish eq was like diablo were you can play either offline or online!

Andarriel
  17. Zanarnar Augur

I do recall in a Q&A they did sometime before the buyout, they were asked if they had any regrets.. the one noted was the lifetime subs, they wish they hadn't done that. So I am in the "doubt we will ever see those again while the game is viable" category.

I'm glad i grabbed one. From their side though, me getting one is nothing but bad as I rarely spend real life cash in their online shop, rather just save the 500/mo for stuff i want. About all i buy from them anymore are CE's of expansions where the addons make sense for me as a tlp player.