Plane of Growth trash dropping Vulak Loot needs to be fixed ASAP

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by JohnnyBgood, Aug 18, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gnothappening Augur

This server made gearing up easier because every mob drops 3x to 10x the amount of loot it would drop on any other server. Which, btw, wasn't an advertised feature of the server and just happened to be a happy accident due to the way they implemented the randomization. If that keeps up, and no reason it won't, gearing up on this server will always be super easy compared to any other TLP.
  2. Oldeqplayer Journeyman

Random Loot - mess with the establishment - take power away from the Krono Lords and pay to win folks and give it back to the dirty casuals!

Don't change too much and crush the dreams of the believers!

My advice is follow what your intentions where when you all were sitting around the table imagining this server ... don't be swayed by the outspoken and forum professional posters!
    Hythos likes this.
  3. Khaotik New Member

I imagine some folks are upset at this /random loot because it interferes with krono farming.

But, why create a server with such a rule set as we currently have to just go and modify it? A lot of people came back to this game purely because of this server and the opportunity to explore parts they couldn’t before.

Sure, Vulak loot from POG minis is a bit unorthodox but it’s part of the server and further creates an environment that continues to keep people here and potentially more people yields more krono sales for DBG no matter what. If you get rid of the random loot then that potentially reduces our population which in turn will yield less people buying and selling which will still affect our poor krono farmers.

Just my .02.

You made a server that brought back a large population. Leave it alone and let it flourish. If people are pissy about not farming Kronos as efficiently then go to the servers that enable it.
    Gnomie and Hythos like this.
  4. jomei New Member

agreed
  5. TheOneKnownAsHim New Member

Seriously, the only reason that people want the loot to not be as random, is so they can lock down drops, gatekeep loot, and make krono off of other players. The randomized loot, as it is, threatens their krono farming business.

I came back to everquest after being gone for ten years, because of the randomness of the loot on the mischief server, it's fun, and it made the game fun for me again. if you devs give in to these krono farmers demands, and the loot stops being as random, interesting, and fun, I will just have to go play another game.
  6. Hythos Augur

Yes there were multiple reasons, and all of them except one, are welcomed.

I know you know what is that extra source.
  7. Atomos Augur

Gotta love when people don't take their own advice.
  8. suinegEQ Elder

Wrong, there is more krono to be had in the long run by 1-4 krono items and not 40-100+ items. Those high ticket items are just spreading krono from one account to another in the “high roller” category.

I would way rather sell 50 items consistently at 4 Kr than try to flip a Gharns.
  9. Gnothappening Augur

Unlike you, I actually know what I meant when I typed that original message. Also, you might want to brush up on the reading comprehension.

"Let's all be realistic here and recognize that there is a high chance of something going wrong, at least until the kinks are worked out "

I 100% still believe that. And something did go wrong, out of era loot was dropping, especially in classic. They jumped on that and fixed it. Also, there were issues with Hate and Fear and they addressed that as well. Finally, there are minis dropping end boss loot, and they are fixing that as well. The devs are indeed working out the kinks and I support them in this.

"Can we, as a community, give DBG/DPG a little slack this time around and not whine about the crazy crap that may happen with loot?"

I'm still behind giving Daybreak some slack. Note that I said give DPG/DBG some slack and not my fellow players. Devs are the ones doing the work. While I don't like the title of this thread because of the "needs to be fixed ASAP" I don't have any other issues with the person who started it. Screwed up loot was dropping. Someone pointed it out. They were not rude with DPG other than a poor wording. Later Ngreth came in and said they had a fix in mind and were working on it. That was when all of the QQ from the bread line players came in and they started moaning and complaining.

More importantly, go back and look through this thread. See which players are insulting DPG. Those are the people and behaviors I was originally talking about. They are the ones that are crying and whining and saying DPG is a horrible company if they get the kinks worked out.
  10. Gnothappening Augur

Dude, tell me your secrets. I would love a consistent 4kr item I could farm one of each week :D
  11. suinegEQ Elder

Coldain shawl. Dain ring.

Various stages in these aren’t hard to make and sell.
    Gnothappening likes this.
  12. Tredus New Member

I find it interesting how there is an obvious disconnect between the two different camps here, and per usual the thought process seems to be berating each side and trying to convince each other that their viewpoint is the right one and there is no way the other person has any right to feel differently than they do. Our objective should not be to insult the other side and beat our faces against the imovable wall that is someone elses opinion and ideology for playing the game because that is a never-ending cycle of getting upset and flaming each other. What we need to do is to look at the problem from both sides and see if there is solution that will satisfy both sides in a way that both parties get what they want.

Lets just evaluate the issue at its basic level.

(Please understand that the tiers and such are completely arbitrary and meaningless they are just for context)

You have 4 tiers of raiding.

Tier 1
    Tier 2
    Tier 3
    Tier 4

There are essentially two problems right now that are driving this conversation and they are as follows.

1. Guild that raids T1 raid targets does not want to get T4 loot because it feels bad to put in that kind of effort and be rewarded in what they deem as a non satisfactory reward for the time and effort they put into playing the game. Thus they have suggested a Tier system so that when they kill T1 content those kill have a chance at dropping T1 from the pool of T1 allocated raid encounters.

2. The byproduct of this is that guilds who raid T4 content are now forced to raid higher level content and feel as though the "theme" and "spirit" of Mischief itself as a random loot server has been betrayed and will lack the fun that they viewed the server had.

Ok now here is a super HOT take. ........Both opinions are valid opinions. Now I dont think we need orc pawns in gfay dropping Vulak loot but the fact is that the randomness of the realm is a really fun and engaging thing that has breathed a bit of fresh life into the realm for people who dont play at a very serious level.

So I literally have the most simple solution possible that will make "MOST" people happy. All we have to do is make the tier system and impliment it as previously discussed and propossed with one minor adjustment........

You never go down in Tier for your loot.....BUT you can go up. Let me explain. If you are a guild who does not raid that much and only does T4 content then you still have the chance at getting random loot from ANY raid enounter in the expansion. Conversely if you are Super Giga Uber Guild Doing T1 mobs then you can not have your loot downgraded to T2-3-4 unless you are doing those targets.

To Sumarize......You can only drop gear from your current raid targets tier and above but never below. This will give the more casual lower playtime folks(who are the backbone of our game btw) that chance to see some crazy item drop from a raid boss, while still giving the high end guilds exactly what they are looking for in terms of loot allocation per their investment.

I honestly can not think of a more simple solution to this problem where both parties pretty much get what they are looking for.

I do think it would be irresponsible of me to not point out that I mean this for RAIDING content, I do not think that group content should be dropping raid gear. While it is a random loot server I do think there has to be some incentive for raiding and developing a team of people to take down targets.
    Venalin, SnapVine, Siah and 2 others like this.
  13. Atomos Augur

Yourself included.
  14. Gheed Is not reading your response

I can't believe they are changing this.

It is very mischievous to get Vulak loot from easy sources. I think it is great and only the top end RMT hacker cheaters will now get this loot. Unbelievable.
    Indigo_Quarmite, Zrender and suinegEQ like this.
  15. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

I would love a system like this, I just don't know how feasible it is to implement.
    Siah and Zrender like this.
  16. Veteranplayer Apprentice

This would be an ok compromise if it was possible. Think this would appease both sides. Keeping it random while not screwing over people who take down hard targets.
  17. Arthur of Thornblade New Member

Devs, please do not remove the randomness of the loot as it is. This has been the point of the server from the very beginning. I am an officer in a guild on Thornblade that has been going since day 1. It has been for us a really fun experience. It has, no doubt, brought many people like myself back to the game after many years of being a lapsed player. We have all spent money above and beyond just our subs. I personally enjoyed the nature of the server so much I've paid for a six month sub just for the random loot server. You've no doubt made a bunch of profit off of us. It is this engagement that will drive your company's long-term profit. Please don't alter the nature of the server as it has been. I doubt that many of us would continue to pay for our subs if the basis of our joining (random loot server) is changed underneath us in the midst of play.
  18. Hythos Augur

lootGroups = {
    {groups = {
    {group = "raid_best", chance = 15},
    {group = "raid_rare", chance = 30},
    {group = "raid_common", chance = 55},
    }, lootChance = 100},
    {groups= {
    {group = "raid_best", chance = 25},
    {group = "raid_rare", chance = 75},
    }, lootChance = 100},
    {groups = {
    {group = "raid_best", chance = 100},
    }, lootChance= 100},
    }

Not implying this structure should replace whatever actually exists in EQ, but this is from another MMO.

Where groups are applied specifically per mob Challenge Level
    Additional groups added per mob with var lootChance % adjusted by qty of drops
    Other definitions would be required.

Roll lootChance, then roll group chance.
    Individual Mob LUA files would require manual editing, but how many Velious raid mobs are there? Or, how many per future expac?

That's probably the difficulty; not in deciding what level or %'s to assign but rather identifying which mobs... IE, mini's.
  19. Elite_raider Augur

There was not aggression in the post, I merely stated the fact that they made a bucket for quest mobs, trying to make your self out as a victim when your arguments have been falsified is very counter productive for a civil discussion....
  20. Elite_raider Augur

There is absolutely no risk in 72 people steam rolling a mob...
    Indigo_Quarmite likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.