Plane of Growth trash dropping Vulak Loot needs to be fixed ASAP

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by JohnnyBgood, Aug 18, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shekky New Member

The idea that one guild can dictate what is done a server is mind boggling, the krono farmers should not have the final say on the loot piñata on Mischief. The whole point of the server is randomized loot, so should we bow down to the those that ruin the economy? If the randomized loot piñata is removed from Mischief you will see an exodus of players.
  2. Hythos Augur

Why even have tiers; why have anything off of 'difficulty'.
    I'm not advocating for free loot to spawn on the ground, but why not allow a chamce for the highest level of gear to roll on groupable mobs?

*Any* L66 should roll on any other L70's table.

I expected these servers to be more than another 'elitists only' club - that EVERY other server has always been.
  3. Baldur Augur

Because the group system is based off difficulty with level tiers.

The raid system can't really go off level of the mob, because that isn't the only thing with raid mobs that determine difficulty.

I don't think their vision was everything can drop everything, otherwise why have level tiers for group named?
    Gnothappening likes this.
  4. Hythos Augur

Level range +/-5
    L61 mob template:
    Standard loot = 65%
    Standard loot = 35%
    Loot-group 1 = 100%
    Loot-group 1 = 100%
    Loot-group 1 = 100%
    Loot-group 1 = 65%
    Loot-group 1 = 65%
    Loot-group 1 = 0%
    Loot-group 1 = 0%
    Loot-group 1 = 0%
    Loot-group 1 = 0%
    Loot-group 2 = 75%
    Loot-group 2 = 65%
    Loot-group 2 = 25%
    Loot-group 2 = 0%
    Loot-group 2 = 0%
    Loot-group 2 = 0%
    Loot-group 3 = 50%
    Loot-group 3 = 15%
    Loot-group 3 = 0%
    Loot-group 3 = 0%
    Loot-group 3 = 0%

Improve by 5-10% per level above 65
  5. Hythos Augur

Because there's no reason to gate items by difficulty.
    100% liklihood that more people will leave if they're unable to acquire or experience something, than those who would of it were too easy.

By admission of the self-proclaimed VIP's, anything we have now will be worthless in less than a month.
    There's no reason to not allow anyone/everyone to have what they would want for once.

If the answer is "they can have it via trade" -- then GL trading & selling when all that's left on the server are people who can get those same items themselves.
    But... That's what DPG & most of you people want anyway... Those K's.
    Quiver likes this.
  6. AngryKing Elder

Yea the guy posting above on how kunark was a drag because they had to kill every ow vs and fay may be the most ridiculous post in this thread.
    No one is forcing you to answer those bat phones and thinking the rest of the server should suffer because it's too much for you is ridiculous.
  7. Ythera Augur

A good alternative option would be to have all raid boss loot in a single huge bucket and give each raid target a number of draws from that bucket based on how hard they are. So PoG minis would get 1-2 draws, Dain would get 5-6 draws, and Vulak would get 12-15 draws. That way everyone can enjoy the randomness, but the high difficulty targets would reward more.
    Tweakfour17 likes this.
  8. AngryKing Elder

The complete opposite happened with smaller guilds and ow targets. Based on your post it sounds like this is your first go with the primary batphone guild on a server. Under normal circumstances, the top guild leaves absolutely no scraps from mobs that drop anything worth a damn. VS, Fay, and to a lesser extent Sev and Tal, being included led to more smaller guild kills and chances at high end ow loot than the last 3 tlps Ive played on combined.
    Quiver likes this.
  9. Kahna Augur

Then don't play it.

No really. Skip this TLP.

They have done the TLP thing over a half dozen times now. The only way to keep it fresh moving forward is to make more niche servers that cater to specific subsets of the EQ population. This server doesn't, and probably shouldn't, cater to the large elite guild population. That is 100% okay. Every other TLP has catered to them. Maybe the next one will suit you better. In the meantime you could find a way to be happy on this one, maybe with a smaller guild, or you could play on Aradune or Rizlona. There are options out there for you. This server doesn't have to cater to you at the expense of the majority who came here for something crazy and different and are loving the chance at loot they might not otherwise see.

On literally ever single other EQ TLP the "most challenging content" is the most rewarding. This one is different, on purpose. Don't try to ruin that just to turn it into what we have already played through before. The more mischief, the better.
  10. Vack Elder

This is all about making money for some people. They want the loot changed so they have the best access to it and limiting everyone else. This is not about the game or the lore or the community. They will be the ones using Everhack / Showeq / ISO boxer and whatever else cheats and hacks they can utilize. This is all about the Krono Farmers limiting supply so they can make as much money as possible before they move on to the next server.

The allure of this server is the tradeable gear and the random loot. I hope the dev's do not cave into those who are only here to serve themselves. I do not care they farm and make money and break all the rules in the EULA. If daybreak doesn't want to stop them, then that is there choice. But do not ruin the fun of experiencing this game in a whole new way because a group of toxic people want to make as much money for themselves and continue to spread their toxicity to the rest of the server.

Thanks for launching this server and the working as intended. Do not make a bunch of changes for the toxic people that ruin the fun on a server.
  11. Kahna Augur

I think everyone is pretty much okay with the non-MOTM mobs not being on the same table as the MOTM mobs. Other than that, they should all be on the same table, or MAYBE 2 tables. One with the truly 1 groupable stuff and one with everything else. The bigger the pool the better. This is not a server that needs structure, and you do not speak for many of us when you suggest it does. If someone can't laugh off getting Grummus loot off Quarm this isn't the server for them.

You have a great deal of influence with the Devs, please do not use it to restrict the randomness of this server further. There is a whole sea of people who you don't see who are having more fun on this server because of the total randomness than they have ever had playing this game before. Do not take that away from them because you feel this server needs to fit into the same type of box that all the other servers fit into.
    Faydark and Hythos like this.
  12. Nhauk Zilla New Member

Theres a lot of people here, enjoying the server as it stands, even with those running around who want to make nothing but their own personal piggy bank. To those individuals, all of you are self serving and not part of any community. Stay in your niche, and let the rest of us enjoy the game the way we came here to enjoy it.
  13. Cass_Nova New Member

I'm going to weigh in here from the perspective of someone who last played EQ when it was still a Sony property. As someone who had came back because of the nostalgia and the idea of the fun in getting to get loot and do things now that I didn't back then.

One of the things that surprised me was how much of a rolling reputation a lot of these guilds had from tlp to tlp. Like how much people had ruined the fun for others elsewhere and were then unsurprisedly doing it again here. People who would do things like create intentional bottlenecks on epics to corner the market on krono and for some epics that would then result in delaying other guilds from having the potency they needed to get down content so the same bottleneckers could pre-empt and corner the next big thing.

And so it really seemed to me that DBG have this small group of little Ayn Rand-Ian cultists acting like Galactus - just going from TLP to TLP - poisoning the experience of everyone else by consuming and sucking up all the loot and fun in the form of krono and not having to care because those same krono then enabled them to go and do it again to whatever the next latest and greatest TLP that folks were flocking to. They got their jollies and it wasn't out of enjoying the content as a community but rather how they got to enjoy it and then defecate on everyone else for profit.

I would think that hey - maybe these guys would be smart and encourage fun in the community so that even at the top of the game they could invest in the TLP thriving in the long term by fostering good will that would encourage more people to invite back old friends so more folks would play which would then increase their income over the long haul. Maybe instead of bottlenecking everything they would start hosting events where they'd help people achieve the things they wanted. But no - they get to rapaciously shakedown the community and poison the experience and maximize short-term gain at the cost of keeping people interested. And of course their krono carries with them to the next iteration so why not?

I get that for a lot of folks this argument is about loot tables. For me it's about trying to make sure Devs understand that catering to these toxic krono capitalists is ruining the nostalgia and draw for the community as a whole. It's not being good stewards of the IP and not being conscientious of the long game. Because in the end these folks are going to take and take and take and clearly highlight that no amount of nostalgia is worth the lack of fun being had and that our money can go to other games that will never hit in the feels the way EQ does from a nostalgia standpoint - but are stronger in almost every other sense as a game and we won't have to watch toxic people intentionally ruin our fun and to do so with the encouragement and support of the company who exists because of that fun.

My $.02. I'll be making a decision where to spend my time and money based on the outcome of this.

PS: Krono farmers and 1% - you guys should really try and see what happens when you invest portions of your gains back into the communities you are a part of and how much more that could make your profits flourish as well as being well respected and well regarded by the people enjoying the hobby too. You may be surprised how fulfilling that could be. And hell, maybe take this new tlp as an opportunity to try something new in using that approach and see what you find. It's not like you won't still have more tlps in the future to go back to the toxic model anyway.
  14. Quiver New Member

From my perspective, all of this is just a few toxic members of the community (as usual) trying to ruin it for everyone else, which is very short sighted on their part. If the Devs implement the changes they want, it will kill the server, and people will leave. No one will buy the items they are selling, and they won't get their precious kronos. It's dumb.

We've played classic Everquest for 20+ years. we've played the same TLPs for several years now. Corinav, Ragefire, Mangler, Aradune. They are the same. Mischief is a chance to experience the game in a new and fun way. Personally, I've meet a lot of cool people on this server, and have had a blast staying up way too late going to rare mobs and raid mobs just to see what crazy and wacky loot we are going to get. Sometimes it's bad loot (2 or 3 two handed swords?!?!), sometimes it is amazing (2 Cloak of Flames!!). And its awesome every time, because you never know what you are going to get. Getting those 2 or 3 2h swords is worth it, because you know the good stuff is just around the corner. It's fun. It's interesting.

"Oh no Vulak loot is dropping off PoG minis!" So? That's awesome! There are many players (myself included) who would never probably get those items, but could now because of the awesome loot set. Devs, if you are reading this, don't listen to the people who want to nerf the loot. All they want is to limit the supply of good loot, so they can farm it and sell it for their precious krono. It's entirely self serving on their part, and its ultimately short sighted. It will kill the server. I and several others have said if the random loot stays fun we are going to ride this server all the way to live.
    Faydark likes this.
  15. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

For the very simple fact that you have expansions that succeed each other with no level cap increase, but large stat/quality reward increases.

This whole thing wasn't a problem in classic, because it was a self contained content release.

This whole thing wasn't a problem in kunark, because there was a level increase.

This IS an issue in velious, because there was no level increase.

This WILL be an issue in luclin, because there will be no level increase, and stats are still limited due to the old -1 integer system with gear limited to 125 hp (which is why AC went through the roof, they removed the AC hardcap and put in an AC softcap).

This really WON'T be a problem in PoP, due to a level increase AND this was the expansion they changed over to a higher bit integer system for base stats, so the gear changes a lot but the mob levels increase a lot.
  16. Hythos Augur

I understand completely. This is arguing for the server to be the same as everything else.

But that is not an answer as to why the Mischief ruleset can't be easier and thus virtually exponentially more enjoyable...
    Some of you have worked very hard for your drops on othsr servers. It shouldn't be that way here, and people who want the same should have a chance without having to invest the same effort as on other servers.

It's a fun party server; kick off your shoes, have a drink... Sit down and relax. Pick up some top-tier loot if you want........

All of these things should be just as difficult as one another.
    Yinla and Quiver like this.
  17. Gnothappening Augur

Really? What was the ruleset of the server? This is what it says on the description:

Random Loot: Enabled
    • These servers randomize loot.
    • Rare NPCs drop loot from other NPCs of a similar level within the same expansion.
    • Raids drop loot from other raid NPCs of a similar level within the same expansion.
    • Rare NPCs have a greater chance of spawning.

Similar level. What exactly does that mean when it comes to raid mobs? Does that mean hard coded mob level? Does that mean difficulty level? Mob tier level? MoTM vs non-MoTM? Before the server even launched people were discussing Dain dropping AoW gear. People went in and looked at mobs and realized a lot of mobs have the same character level, but nothing in common difficulty level wise. Personally, I don't know how the devs think of raid mob level. I do think they assign more to it than just the /con level of the mob, but that is only what I think. I also think the hard coded level is just something they put in for the purpose of the combat engine to calculate stuff.

Also realize in this that there was absolutely nothing mentioned about mobs dropping up to 10x the gear that they would normally drop with an average of about 3/4x as much. It says NPCs have a greater chance of spawning, not NPCs have a greater chance of spawning and will drop vastly more loot each time.

I get it though. People want their hand outs and bread lines. Maybe the next server they can just have the AOCs hand out the gear when you hail them instead of you having to kill the mobs.
  18. Gnothappening Augur

You have the most sensible response of any of the "we want everything dropping from everything" crowd. That actually isn't a bad system. It would also have the effect though of killing the 3x/4x loot factor of raid mobs, which would result in a lot of QQ.
  19. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

That is an absolutely ignorant statement.

You are not entitled anything just by logging on. Making loot random with raid mobs or group mobs within the same level range is NOT the same as just making everything a loot pinata.

I'd even be all for having Vulak loot (1 in 20,000 chance or whatever) dropping from level 1 moss snakes. I love the idea of random. Except we know exactly what does and will happen. The same thing that happens on live servers with global raid rares dropping very rarely from group content the last several expansions.

Botting teams of players AEing and monopolizing content. Kind of like what bot teams did during kunark in sebilis for rune branded girdles.
  20. Sunriver Journeyman

Some of you would go on a PvP server and ask to have PvP disabled.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.