Plane of Growth trash dropping Vulak Loot needs to be fixed ASAP

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by JohnnyBgood, Aug 18, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Phabled Lewts Rodd

Or if you've been seeing the same garbage Fear loot drop off of Velious raid mobs in lieu of actual decent loot you'd be upset too. I get Fear 2.0 is part of Velious but having Classic Loot dropping as half the loot in Velious isn't what the random loot server intended.
  2. Kahna Augur

Embrace the Mischief, or whine and get it all turned back to basically a normal server.
    Lemaitre, Boze and oldkracow like this.
  3. ShaggyG Lorekeeper

I'd be much happier if everything dropped off of everything and there was no tier system, embrace the mischief as you say, but including loot from 2 expansions prior is just stupid.
  4. Eldrian Augur

If they do split raid it then what's the matter with that? So people get more loot, is that some sort of bad thing? Velious only lasts 2 months before Luclin is unlocked. Just how many DZ do you think can be run in those 8 weeks?
  5. Eldrian Augur

There are over 20 other servers where you can do this. Let there be just 1 where the chaos reigns!
    Faydark, Lemaitre and Boze like this.
  6. Elite_raider Augur

The way every EQ server has been until now, is that loot has been locked behind different difficulty tiers. And lets face it, with a 72 member raid, all of the raids can easily be face rolled with no skill, but they can be very hard and challenging with smaller raid forces.

So why do some "casual" do it the hard way?

Because they prefer the community, friendship and bonds a smaller group creates, that are not as easy/possible to make in the huge easy mode guilds that play 24/7.

With Phara Dar loot dropping of Ventril Sathir and vice versa, it made the casual smaller guilds viable in the long run. It is this fact alone that has caused so many people with busy RL lives and families to come back to the game for the Mischief server, because they can be in that "small" 20 to 30 member guild and create those bonds and still take part in the chance of the bis drops, something every raider wants.

By going back to a tiered loot system on Mischief and basically making Vulak`Aerr, Tunare and King Tormax in to Tunare 1, Tunare 2 and Tunare 3 (since they will all have the same loot now) and locking everyone else apart from the easy mode 72 unpersonal raiding guilds out from this loot.

You will kill off a major part of the casual raiding scene and all those casuals who are coming back that hasn't played for years will start leaving again.

Just like VS dropping PD loot and vice versa, Lodi should have a chance of VA/Tunare/KT loot and the same goes for Grummus and Quarm. If you stop following the way you have done loot so fare like in Kunrak, you will be killing of the casual raiding scene that caused the major influx of subs, once the tied has turned it will be to late. I want you guys to succeed, so please take the weekend to think this through before you kill of the casual raiding scene again :-/
    Lemaitre, Eldrian and Yinla like this.
  7. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

This is where I disagree, Lodi shouldn't be on the same loot tables as VA/Tunare/KT as they are more than 5 levels higher than Lodi, but Lodi should be on the same tables as The Statue of Rallos Zek and the TOV dragons of Lodi's level.

The server was sold to us that NPCs of the same level (and expansion) would be in the same randoming of loot. The only reasonable arguement I can see of doing it any differently is splitting out those with and those without MotM making 2 loot tables for those levels which would fall under.

8. Eldrian Augur

When you end up killing Mischief look back and know that this was the start.
    Lemaitre likes this.
  9. Siah Elder

Let's just give every caster a vulak robe, every monk an abashi and gharn, every tank a silver bracelet and boc. Hell give everyone full BiS.
    Gnothappening likes this.
  10. Eldrian Augur

This is extreme but ok, so what if everyone did get BiS? Would that make your gameplay any less to be surrounded by those who are fully geared. Is it that the only way you can enjoy EQ is to think as yourself as better than others because you have more pixels?
    Faydark and Lemaitre like this.
  11. Aegir Augur

[IMG]
    Boze likes this.
  12. Kumiko_Lockjaw Elder

YES
  13. Thename New Member

Love the fact that warders in ST are dropping CT. Sounds like a lot of Mischief is happening to you lol !
    Lemaitre likes this.
  14. Boze TLP complaint factory

Yup. The more people complain about wanting it tweaked certain ways the less likely we get fun and creative servers like this in the future. Keep Mischief weird!
    Lemaitre likes this.
  15. Ythera Augur

Smush T1 and T2 together and then T3 and T4 together and it’d be a little bit better. I personally prefer one big bucket.
    Elite_raider and Venalin like this.
  16. Imshii New Member

More randomness more fun, less tiers less tedium. No one wants to eat the same thing for every meal each day, you can survive but it’s no fun.
    Lemaitre likes this.
  17. Venalin Journeyman

Been having a blast with the total randomness, made coming back as a casual player actually interesting and rewarding. Going to be real disappointed to quit, having spent all this time leveling up just to have the rules changed to a boring watered down version of what was marketed as a real unique and "mischievous" server.

Wondering if this dragon is going to drop loot from the other dragon down the hall doesn't have anywhere near the same serotonin boost as the big bucket randomness.
    Lemaitre and ForumBoss like this.
  18. Hythos Augur

It would seem that...

Only those who have done everything already on other servers want more restrictions, and the remaining 90% of us would like to actually see a chance at those high-level raid stuffs, or even the rare things, be within reach.

Why shouldn't everyone be able to have /get whatever drops they want, BIS or otherwise?
    Faydark and Lemaitre like this.
  19. Kahna Augur

I have done everything already on previous servers and I want everyone to be able to have a chance to get whatever they want!! Probably because I have done everything before. Make it fun this time! Let everyone have all the fun!
    Lemaitre, ForumBoss and Venalin like this.
  20. Hythos Augur

Thanks Ngreth!
    Don't be hard on yourself, ever. It's fine to be critical, but self-denigrating can't help.

Regarding an argument for having a mixed-bag of 'one tier'...
    Having a chance to loot something that has always been gated and out of reach for various reasons, is the reason I've been enjoying the random-loot rule-set. I know I'm not alone.

The self-proclaimed "MVP's" will understand if things are easier to obtain than only by way of being 'hard-core'.
    And those same 'hard core' personas have even confirmed those hard-sought top-tier items will be worthless in one month when Luclin opens...

So I would propose that any/all items - including Primals - remain in one bucket, available from trash-mobs on up..

After all, they'll all be trash items in a month anyway; Everyone wins.
    Venalin likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.