Fixed Internally Still getting spammed

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by CatsPaws, Aug 19, 2021.

1. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Still getting spam with HOT spell Zealous Elixir, over 50 messages in 5 minutes.

Was this not was fixed in the patch?
    Skuz, Rondor and Laurana like this.
  2. Cragzop Cranky Wizard

Which part of the patch notes did you think had anything to do with heal messages?

Cause I didn't see any...
  3. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

They said it was fixed internally but The hotfix at that time only affects new zones. So static zones (like Plane of Knowledge) won't be fixed until the server is restarted. Klanderso

This should be fixed for all zones in the next update. Ratalthor

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq...w-an-extra-line-of-text-negative-heal.276557/

So the patch is not a server update?
  4. niente Developer

Can you please post the log lines you're seeing that you don't expect to see?
  5. Laurana Augur

I don't have my log on, but seeing this too while sitting in my Guild Hall. Someone's mercenary went on a spam healing session. I have about 110 lines within about 15 minutes (~7.3 casts per minute).

[08:10:31] MercName healed PetName over time for -26632 (1695) hit points by Solemn Elixir Rk. II.
  6. Cragzop Cranky Wizard

I just Spirit of the Wood MGB in my guild hall.

I have a group (with two pets) in the hall, plus another mage, pet and merc.

Heal Over Time, Heals (Others), Heals (You) is turned to Show.

I'm seeing 0 heal messages for my group (at 100%)

I'm seeing 0 heal messages for the mage and pet out of group (at 100%).

I'm seeing large neg number heal messages for the merc out of group (at 100%).

[Thu Aug 19 19:52:29 2021] XXXX healed herself over time for 0 (15000) hit points by Spirit of the Wood XXXVII.
    [Thu Aug 19 19:52:29 2021] XXXX healed YYYY over time for 0 (15000) hit points by Spirit of the Wood XXXVII.
    [Thu Aug 19 19:52:30 2021] XXXX healed Miuthien over time for -315889 (15000) hit points by Spirit of the Wood XXXVII.
  7. Angahran Augur

The 'fix' of not showing heals of < 10 HP is not a fix.
    If it's a heal, >0, then show it and let us filter it where we want it.
    If it's 0 then don't even send it from the server, scrap the message and save some bandwidth.
    If it's <0 then it's a DD/DoT not a heal, but let us filter that where we want it also.

What's needed is to revert al the recent changes to filtering until someone can look at the whole chat system and come up with changes that are actual improvements and don't make things worse.
    Stymie likes this.
  8. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

9. TrueNorth Developer

Thank you to everyone who provided information. The issue was able to be reproduced and is now being tracked internally.
    Skuz, CatsPaws, Stymie and 4 others like this.