The perfect synergized groups for raids?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Eugenes, Aug 18, 2021.

1. Whulfgar Augur

Would not (currently)

Bard
    Sham
    Zer
    Zer
    Zer
    Monk

Be thee absolute best melee raid setup i can't imagine that grp being out dpsed by another melee group.

Caviat.. I play a warrior. And know not much of the dps side. (Hence, the question)
  2. Ozon Augur

LOL, knowing who your GL is I look forward to the end result, let us know how this goes.
    Elyssanda and The real Sandaormo like this.
  3. Cailen Augur

Well Frank we do roll with 4 enc's and usually only 3 caster groups
  4. Cailen Augur

I dream every night of the day enc synergy works for enc nukes.... must be nice
    RPoo likes this.
  5. Laronk Augur

I think the difference in dps between perfect synergy and OK synergy in a raid is less than the difference in the actual skill and knowledge gap. If the players don't press their ADPS abilities/discs at the right time or the DPS players don't do a good job the synergy doesn't matter nearly as much.

Also unless you're in a top guild you really just get to contend with who actually showed up and you might even have to use some boxes.
    Windance likes this.
  6. Zeus Journeyman

I have a question, when it comes to bards playing adps caster role, which songs and aura's etc enhance swarm pets dps?
  7. Zolav Augur

For a melee group.. Hands down you want

Shaman-Epic and Heals and some other small goodies.
    Bard-Aura, Aria, FE/Epic and Quicktime and small other small goodies they bring
    Beastie-Fury, Fury omg and Fury,,, Ruabbri's, GBA.. if the Beast doesn't have high Fury uptime then it is a wasted spot..
    Monk-Swifttails and a sick Synergy
    Zerker-Composite splashback and a bad azz Synergy
    Ranger-Really only useful for burns tbh with Scar Cheet Fang.. unless I am missing something, I don't believe their synergy is all that great. PLEASE correct me if I am wrong. BUT Rangers can ball so they def earn a spot in these groups. Although they can shine in hybrid caster group too.

I am a big fan of raid leaders that keep the same people together. A synergy forms and the group only gets stronger over time.

I am all for a solid rogue in that monk spot too.. as the rogue will benefit greatly from everyone else they just don't give much in return in the synergy dept.
  8. Evye Augur

Considering this makes me want to design a raid with no dps needed its just a microwave and its all about healing and surviving.
    Same group set ups are boring its always for dps *eyeroll* eq is so stuck in a little box
    Make the healers the stars for once.!
    Zolav likes this.
  9. Zolav Augur

Our shamans and druids are stars. They heal and dps... pretty amazing tbh. Clerics definitely get the shaft, they need something.. somehow so they can kinda sorta fill a dps role in some situations. Maybe give them a heal stance and an Priest Undead Slayer stance, or something!
    Evye likes this.
  10. Sancus Augur

Songs don't land on swarm pets, so the boost is purely from Aura of Margidor. That said, because buffs/songs don't land on swarm pets, the modifiers on Aura (especially haste) are more potent than they are for players.
  11. Metanis Bad Company

When you make up your raid groups show your clerics some love. If you want your raid to just work more smoothly then lay out your tank groups based on their ROLES in an event!

Put your MT and the immediate backups in one group with their support.

Put your off-tanks, add tanks, or secondary tanks in another group (or two!) with their own support.

Put SK kiters in their own group with a healer that knows how to be mobile. Be nice, give them a bard too!

The MT has a specific role and the clerics establish a laser-like focus on that MT and figure out the healing rhythm required to keep that tank alive. If the MT's backup tanks are in the same group it can make everything much easier UNLESS the backup tanks are also picking up adds! Then you make the cleric's job much harder because they can no longer focus primarily on the MT. And group heals are among the worst and slowest we have. So to be clear, a backup tank should be doing just that and NOT trying to be an Add tank.

Sure, we have extended target and most quality clerics will make extensive use of it. However, if you make the cleric's job as simple as possible you'll have fewer wipes. Try and keep as many of our heals within the group so we can use DARB, Epic, Spire, Composite, and Beacon to deal with the big pulses of damage.

Finally, make assignments PUBLIC in the raid. If joe-blow-the-pally is supposed to be the primary add tank then make sure that joe-blow actually knows this!