VP Raid - Riding Drakes

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Froglok, Aug 18, 2021.

1. Froglok Augur

It appears that in the 1st event, once any player gets on a Drake and flys up, that no more Drakes will come down so that other Players can also fly up. There is an associated Achievement for this.
  2. Warpeace Augur

"Free Rider"

Because its an individual achievement. Not a bug.
    Duder likes this.
  3. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

I have a feeling in the back of my mind that there is a way to bring them down and it doesn't happen automatically.
  4. Froglok Augur

There is a click you loot (quite a few drop). However, despite having the click item, it appears only 1 Player gets to ride a Drake.
  5. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

There was a knack to getting on the drake, behind it and very close from what I remember, its been a few years since I did it. I know we had a lot of people fail on it.
  6. Metanis Bad Company

You're probably killing Hoshkar too fast. The drakes spawn every 60-90? seconds so long as the boss is alive.
    CrazyLarth and Conq like this.
  7. Froglok Augur

Yes it is an individual achievement, but there are multiple Drakes and quite a few of the clicks drop. I am pretty sure it is / was intended for multiple Players to go up top (ride the drakes) to kill the MOB up there.
  8. Froglok Augur

The Drake has to swoop down to Player level to use the click to ride them. Unfortunately, it appears on 1 Drake bothers to swoop down.
  9. Froglok Augur

Not sure about that, but there are always 3 drakes up in the air.
  10. Soulbanshee Augur

Spawn isn't the right word, they trigger on a timer. When we farmed it for achievement we sat OT on Hoshkar like a good 20 minutes to make sure everyone who looted a click had time to use it to ride a drake. There may be a % component where they only start after a certain % or may stop after a certain %? Maybe have to debuff or damage a drake to get them to fly down?
  11. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Looking at our old tactics info I found this

Example of emote to bring drake down

Wulfhere likes this.
  12. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

You're wrong. Its not bugged. Multiple people can do it just fine. Just can't kill it fast.
  13. Froglok Augur

Confirmed. There are emotes that appear to be directed at players who are in a certain place. If you have the click, spam click it as the drake comes near and then fly up. Once up top, you have to /dismount.

Also, with todays DPS, it is likely only 1 player will be able to fly up top. If it is desired for multiple players to do this, DPS will have to be severely reduced on purpose.
  14. Lianeb Augur

You have to do one of the things the drakes don't like to get them down. One is use a pet, other is go into lava, other is to leave the room, i forget the last one. Have someone designated to each of these actions and the drakes will come down for others to ride. It doesn't have to be the person doing the bad thing to ride up, just someone do the thing and someone else harness it.

Once someone rides one up, it takes a little bit for it to reset and notice someone is doing a no no for it to come back down.