Test Update 08/10/2021 - Patch Notes and Discussions

Discussion in 'Test Update Notes and Bug Roundup' started by EQ Dev, Aug 10, 2021.

1. Dre. Altoholic

I agree it's harmless, and I don't have a problem with the 'single' part being nerfed, it's the LoS issue.

I was in HoT Library last night and used taunt to grab the PH's by Archivist Herrdar. Not the most egregious example, but much easier than maneuvering a large race around a purely decorative table in a somewhat tight area to hit the mob with melee/spell/disc.
  2. Jedipokey The Devs have become better at Apathy! (380)

That's because they are fixing what they know how to fix lol
  3. kizant Augur

Sure! They should let your DoTs spread to the next nearest target when the mob dies.
    menown and Behelit like this.
  4. Warpeace Augur

Can we save my excess healing for the next mob also? Be glad you have something left over you can use.
  5. Dre. Altoholic

feelsbadman.png
    [IMG]
    minimind, Stymie, Warpeace and 4 others like this.
  6. kizant Augur

Maybe people will actually report bugs now where NPCs get stuck in bad locations.
    menown and Waring_McMarrin like this.
  7. Niskin Clockwork Arguer

I totally get the hardship that would come from the addition of a LoS requirement. I went to Empyr one time and couldn't mez something that was literally in my face because we were on top of a hill. That's super frustrating.

Nerfing the single-pull aspect would certainly affect far-taunt to some degree, maybe even completely, as it would mostly be useful for making trains at that point. The LoS change could potentially break it completely also. I'm still curious to know if they could just get around this using the warp hack, since my understanding is both hacks come from the same 3rd party software. If they can warp, target, taunt, and warp back, then the LoS change does nothing. But then at least the social change would mitigate its usefulness.

It looks like we're getting both either way, so I guess we'll see.
  8. Izzard of Bertox Augur

5 Achievement's taken away. Time to try and not feel bitterly disappointed.
  9. Hamshire Augur

I play on most TLPs and usually level up while pugging and or just pug in general and doing this you get into A LOT of very bad groups but I am always a warrior and I usually pull and control whats going to be happening with the group so for the most part things work out. Taunt pulling played a big role in this, you think I wanna single pull stuff via taunt pull if i don't have to? Nope but in a lot of these groups if I don't do it the puller if you even have one will pull like wild, groups will wipe and things will go very badly. Hell during my LDoN selo pugs we had a narcoleptic person in the group that kept falling asleep and apologizing for it but it wasn't an
    issue because I could just have the group move slow via taunt pulling. Taunt pulling was a very important mechanic, it helped players control the pace of there groups really even more so in pugs, if the groups bad and you gotta go slow and you have no puller sometimes you just have to taunt pull to make it work.

This change and a few others this company has done since they took over gives me bad WoW vibes, instead of keeping helpful things in to just make things work they instead are going in the opposite direction which leads to kicking out the bad players.

[IMG]
    @Dre hell yes it does feelbadman
    Dre. and Wulfhere like this.
  10. Dre. Altoholic

Let's be honest: taunt splitting we all know is not intended and was going to go away at some point.
    This seems justifiable for the taunt splitting nerf, but the LoS requirement is something else entirely.

Either it's a deliberate stealth nerf or an unintentional bug. Would be nice to get an official word on that one way or the other.
  11. Tweakfour17 Augur

I guess 22 years counts as "some point" but also at some point (;)) you'd expect that something not intended would just become accepted.
    Dre. and Wulfhere like this.
  12. Dre. Altoholic

Generally, one might expect this however 22 years has taught me that there is no statute of limitations for nerfs in EQ.
    Svann2 and Tweakfour17 like this.
  13. thorn monk New Member

Kind of weird that regular taunt is now broken for people (cannot Line of Sight, and cannot use it to single pull monsters)

But... I log in and watch botters far-taunt mobs single pull, that should NOT come single and they definitely do not have line of sight. It did nothing to them.

Why did taunt get fixed for us regular people but the cheaters can still use it like nothing happened?

The only reason anyone here was defending this change was because it was supposed to hurt the cheaters.
    Metanis and Dre. like this.
  14. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Also have to consider what is accepted can change depending on how it is used and if fixing an unintended behavior can potentially prevent some cheats.
    Tweakfour17 likes this.
  15. Cragzop Cranky Wizard

Once the illusion door trick was fixed, anything became fair game. The stuff that affects TLPs just means it's higher on the list.
    Skuz and Tweakfour17 like this.
  16. Dre. Altoholic

Fresh logfile since patch:
    [IMG]
    If only there were some way to tell which of these were attempted taunts.
  17. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

That's an assumption nobody should make.

TLP meant a lot of old forgotten shoved under the rug or put on the eternal back-burner bugs suddenly got a few thosand player eyeballs seeing them again.

Line of Sight issues were always a pain in the rear with EQ, and if fixing taunt leads to an eventual improvement in that this will be a good thing.

EQ & the Z-Axis are not good buddies, that's probably at the root of most of them.
    minimind and Tweakfour17 like this.
  18. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Not being able to see things because they are partially behind something or partially in a wall/in ground is something that has needed fixing for years. fingers crossed now LOS is causing taunt issues they might finally get round to fixing them.
    Tweakfour17 and Skuz like this.
  19. Warpeace Augur

During the Soltalak raid I have had my in-game trigger fire for supposedly being out of melee range, you know the following messages you can get:

You cannot see your target
    Your target is too far away
    Your target is out of range, get closer...and
    You can't hit them from here

This will happen while standing right next to Sontalak. Just randomly goes off and then everything is fine. Me nor the dragon have moved from our positions.

Random pixel out of place??
    Skuz and Yinla like this.
  20. Svann2 The Magnificent

Was it ever discussed in these forums or was it kept quiet all that time? I never heard of that trick, though admittedly I never played tank.