Windows 11

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Iumar, Jul 6, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Iumar Journeyman

I just had windows 11 pushed and I'm getting the reset device error when trying to click on play in the patcher. Anyone seen or worked through this yet?
  2. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

minimind and Gyurika Godofwar like this.
  3. Angahran Augur

Running Windows 11 here and have had no issues.
    Gyurika Godofwar and Metanis like this.
  4. Iumar Journeyman

Thanks Skuz for the suggestions.
    As far as Metanis and Zanarnar, it's beyond me how a technical question posed leads to some kind of emotional response. "sympathy" ? really? When someone poses a technical question anywhere on any forum it's not an emotional thing lol.
    I reverted to windows 10 each time and then eq worked again.
    Current windows 11 build to insiders seems to be working fine now though.
    I had tried windows 11 before to troubleshoot some unrelated .net issues.
    For anyone else wanting to try it, just thought I would share the info.
  5. Scila Augur

The error occurs on previous versions of Windows not just 11
  6. AngryKing Elder

Some really weird, hostile takes in this thread towards someone posting a bug.... in the bug section.
    Metanis, minimind and CatsPaws like this.
  7. AB_H'Sishi Augur

I am in the Insider ring for years now. I came across serious bugs which make things not-working - sometimes just temporary (it got fixed), sometimes permanent (e.g. the problem of printing on certain black/white label printers) and some of the bugs even made it into the public release.
    But Win11 allowed EQ to run out of the box.

I have above described problem ("Cannot Reset Device") when I start other games or apps which want to run in exclusive FullScreen mode or different resolutions (even if it's just temporary) while EQ is already running. It also happened under Win10 OS.
    Games which neither switch display resolution nor demand exclusive modus don't trigger that error.
    Stymie likes this.
  8. Svann2 The Magnificent

win 11 is not pushed
    Stymie, Nennius, Dre. and 1 other person like this.
  9. Dre. Altoholic

Huge step forward once 3d apps started offering full window borderless.
  10. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Is a game not working on an unreleased and unsupported version of of an operating system really a bug? This would have been fine in player support but at this time are they even at the stage of windows 11 development where Daybreak should be making changes to support it?

Trying to get dev time spent fixing an issue for an unreleased and unsupported version of of an operating system instead of other fixes?
    I_Love_My_Bandwidth and Nennius like this.
  11. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

Starting a thread in the bugs forum should, at a minimum, originate from supported hardware and OS.

Windows 11 is not supported (yet). It's not even released to the general public.

Try posting this thread in the Player Support forum, OP.
  12. KushallaFV Playing EverQuest

Sorry, you had to deal with the toxicity of the forums OP. You’re better off using Reddit or the Discord channel next time.
  13. Accendo Guest

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.