Monks special attacks

Discussion in 'Melee' started by Randomized, Aug 17, 2021.

1. Randomized Augur

And by title, I mean the abilities like Eagle Strike and Flying Kick.

Now my question regarding those abilities: which one is considered the highest DPS? Which one should I be using and maxing out first and foremost? And does that agility stay clear through to 115?

Logged into my monk (69) after years off and when setting up hot bars and abilities I noticed I had a few options to choose from and wasn’t sure which one was the go to.
    Senu likes this.
  2. Riou EQResource

Tiger Claw and Flying Kick
    Thunderkiks and Lisard like this.
  3. Randomized Augur

Are they on separate timers? I guess there’s a quick easy way to check that but I’m stuck at work for another 4 hours so may as well ask while I can. And if so, can I /autoskill both of those abilities!? That would be swell
  4. Szilent Augur

Monks and beastlords can do two autoskills. One "strike" category attack, one "kick" category attack. All other classes are restricted to one autoskill at a time even if they have both categories available.
    Wulfhere, Riou and Randomized like this.
  5. Senu Journeyman

While Tiger Claw and Flying Kick are your bread and butter DPS - at higher levels Eagle Strike generates endurance for your entire group (6-8 step pattern as well) which in raids really can come in handy. It is situational but an important tool none the less...and the DPS on it is still quite good.

To answer your other question. Just try to get the best defiant gear you can and any type 7 augs you can find on the way and you will have enough agility and dexterity.
    After level 85, try to focus on Dexterity. At high level I have 1 top of the line Agility aug, a top stamina aug and the rest dexterity (talking type 5 augs here).
  6. Astral64 Augur

Eagle strike with the AA Divine Strength of Battle has a chance to give the monk endurance and endurance regeneration. It does not hit your group.
  7. iZealot Lorekeeper

On TLPs (PoP, GoD, for example), the best are Flying Kick and Tail Rake/Dragon Punch.
  8. iZealot Lorekeeper

Around your level, Dragon Punch/Tail Rake would be more dps than Eagle Strike. Also use Flying Kick.