Please save Mischief! Reduce POP/LDON timeframe

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Loviticus, Aug 17, 2021.

1. Loviticus Elder

EDIT:
    I guess the release official release notes about Mischief confused me. The release cadence is already setup to only have pop last 4 months instead of 6. You can disregard this post.
  2. TheGoblin Elder

My /Calendar shows PoP launches on Dec 8 and LDoN on March 2nd. God is March 30th.

LDoN is already only 1 month on Mischief. PoP is 3 months due to level increase. This seems fine.
    Boze likes this.
  3. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Why do you think that being stuck at level 65 is the problem? And besides from what I am reading you will have 3 months of PoP, 2 months of LoY, 1 month of LDoN and 2 months of GoD before the level cap is increased in OoW. Meaning there will be exactly 8 months between level 65 and level 70.

Or is LoY launched at the same time as PoP?
  4. Loviticus Elder

Being stuck at 65 isn't the problem. Not having any content for 3 months is the problem. I've edited my post for clarity.
  5. Loviticus Elder

LDON/LoY last 3 months but don't add content. Since this is the point at which every TLP starts to dry up, it's not fine. Nobody wants to raid PoTime for half a year. Not in today's game.
  6. TheGoblin Elder

PoP/LDoN is only 4 months (3+1) one Mischief. How much shorter do you want it?
  7. Waring_McMarrin Augur

The post you quoted shows GoD opening up 4 months after PoP and GoD has plenty of new content in it.
  8. Rauven Augur

LDON should launch alongside with PoP.
  9. The Greatest Beaver Journeyman

What are you even talking about, you honestly have no clue what the general everquest population wants, if you take a look at when they did an experiment with faster unlock times Selos VS Mangler selos died in less then 4 months and mangler went strong for 2 years, and that's the only data you can look at for having any judgement and insight on what everquest players want in terms of unlocks. And do you think they want to invest in a server that drops dead after 4months?
  10. Machen New Member

I think the Fippy model was the best. 2 weeks after RZTW died. It gave a little time for pop progression to be the focus before ldon raids started to take attention.

No idea why they moved away from that, but every time they tinker they seem to make it worse and worse now.
  11. Machen New Member

No it most certainly isn't. We have ten years of TLP data, almost no two of which had identical unlock schedules. There is a LOT of other data.
  12. The Greatest Beaver Journeyman

And when you look at the previous 10 years of data they might give insight but not the type of insight of releasing two identical servers at the exact same time (during a pandemic) with a build up in advertisement to push the 20 year release.
    But people continue to push that the community wants faster lock outs when selos died within 4months of release and mangler lived on for 2 years plus.
  13. Numiko Augur

I found on Phinny it was much more of a Drag playing the 4 level 70 expansions, some of the raids were interesting, Epic 2 was fun, but the rest was a bit tedious.
    Elskidor likes this.
  14. Elskidor Augur

That's the era that needs adjusting.
    Wyre Wintermute likes this.
  15. Sunriver Journeyman

So many people in this thread have no idea what they're talking about.

LoY releases an hour after PoP. PoP/LoY will be three months. LDoN will be one.