New Progression Servers?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Skandrake, Aug 13, 2021.

1. Accipiter Old Timer

They all were.
  2. Machen New Member

Well, except Miragul.
    Accipiter likes this.
  3. THISISHEKK Journeyman

A lot of research went into the decision for Miragul. It was projected to be an extreme success with many players. The the dev's gathered data by requesting the people who would like this server to collectively come together on all live servers and show the population's desire.
  4. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

I stopped reading there, because they didn't.
  5. THISISHEKK Journeyman

Why would they release a server without researching it's success chance?
  6. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

They were experimenting, however a large number of active forum users warned the team the server was doomed to fail if they went ahead with it being truebox due to it starting in such a late era of the game.
    Stymie, code-zero and Skrab like this.
  7. HekkHekkHekk Augur

Ahh experimenting. I find it hard to believe they wouldn't listen to these active forum users.
  8. Nolrog Augur

Talking to yourself does not count.

They have said if you want a PVP TLP show us the interest. So far, there has been nothing to demonstrate that a TLP PVP would be healthy. A while back there was an effort to get people to log into Zek to show that people wanted a new server and even that had very few people joining.

In the last 6 months, Zek has returned a status 25,175 times, and of those, every every single one of them, 100% was low count. Not one medium over the last 6 months (source EQ Server Status via EQ Resource)

This isn't even one that they have said no to this. They said show us it's viable and we'll consider.
    code-zero and Skuz like this.
  9. HekkHekkHekk Augur

Whose they? Link? Looks like it's time for an experimental pvp tlp!
  10. Triconix Augur

But who is going to destroy all the crybabies like he promised?? The ultimate Zek PVPer needs to unleash his level 4 war power on us.
  11. HekkHekkHekk Augur

Bbgirl, you don't want that smoke.
  12. Nolrog Augur

You can find it on the EQ Official Discord, under #AskADev:

Dreamweaver - 04/08/2020
    Question 14 - Alan, are you and/or DarkPaw Games now convinced that people do want to play PVP TLP as opposed to PVP Live? Are you aware there is a PVP trilogy fanbase playing on private servers? You mentioned before that new TLP types are possible. I believe that the PVP TLP appeal has been underestimated. Can we talk about this further?

AbsorEQ — 04/08/2020
    I hate to say it, but I am more convinced now that not enough people want it to justify setting up such a server. The high population on the day that everyone was supposed to show up on Rallos was, frankly, very low. Certainly not enough to support a server. This would be my answer to most of your other questions about PVP things.
    code-zero and Skuz like this.
  13. THISISHEKK Journeyman

That's funny. I don't recall any sort of announcement for this Rallos gathering. Doesn't seem like a good measure? What was the measure used for the Miragul server again?
  14. Tweakfour17 Augur

The guy who was organizing was spamming it on the forums, discord, reddit and even got a website to write an article about it.

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq...ove-you-want-a-pvp-tlp-feb-29th-event.263257/

https://www.reddit.com/r/everquest/comments/f5g379/raiding_zek_to_fight_for_a_pvp_server_join_us/

https://massivelyop.com/2020/02/18/...test-to-agitate-for-a-pvp-progression-server/

Forget about the Miragul server, if you think thats going to be the golden ticket that justifies a pvp server you're dreaming. That mistake is on DBG but you know the saying:
    Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, won't get fooled again.
    code-zero, jeskola and Skuz like this.
  15. HekkHekkHekk Augur

Pack it up boys. All 5 of the resident anti-pvp shills are accounted for. Incoming thread lock.

[IMG]
  16. Accipiter Old Timer

Did you count me?
    Skuz and Triconix like this.
  17. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

It could have been a great success if they
    Didn't give it truebox like you said
    Promoted it like other TLP servers
    Timed it better when Phinny wasn't on the same expansion/just past it.

Lots of players were returning to live at that time wishing to continue playing but not start from scratch. Mirgaul could have been ideal, but there was a lack of promotion for it and it just didn't get the push it deserved. An email out to old customers or a push on social media would have helped a lot. :rolleyes:

Missed oppertunity.
  18. HekkHekkHekk Augur

Yes.
  19. Tweakfour17 Augur

It's nice to be noticed. Let's review:
    You whined that Miragul sucks so therefore PVP TLP should exist.
    You whined that the zek raid didn't have much announcement since you didn't know about it.
    I pointed out Miragul and PVP TLP are unrelated, one mistake doesn't mean another mistake is owed.
    I pointed out numerous places the zek raid was announced including providing multiple links.
    You whined I'm an anti pvp shill and to lock the thread.
    :rolleyes:
    code-zero and Triconix like this.
  20. Triconix Augur

EQ Devs wanted proof of interest for a PVP TLP. They received no such proof. Rather they have the same PVP shills logging into multiple forum accounts posting their propaganda ad nauseum. If you want a PVP TLP, go make a private server. Nobody is stopping you Otherwise, stop trying to waste dev resources for a DOA server.

[IMG]

Considering you have to 6-box on Aradune, blatantly breaking the rules, I think you'd get abused on a PVP server. On that note, why the name change? Caught too many times breaking Aradune rules?
    Stymie, Nolrog and Skuz like this.