ISB still cool on Live?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by IblisTheMage, Aug 15, 2021.

1. Benito EQ player since 2001.

If you are only using I S B, at keyboard, not using any other software, and not automating, you are probably safe.

Otherwise, you should not equivocate those who use I S B with those who use other software (actual cheaters/automaters) which hurts and delegitimizes I S B users.
    Raccoo likes this.
  2. Rauven Augur

How is that? If players think its legit or not has no bearing on the truth or the policies and how they are enforced. If its safe to use [Unmentioned 3rd Party Software], then its safe to use. If its not, then it isn't. People making claims one way or another doesn't change that fact.
  3. Tappin Augur

People are going to do what they want to do regardless of what others say. This thread is a giant troll.
  4. Benito EQ player since 2001.

In the 'Elephant in the Room' thread you linked earlier (which you said probably justified I S B), demi has a history of equivocating software. In essence, his/her argument is that all third party software is the same and therefore approved (non-AFK automated M Q = I S B). I'm highlighting that they are distinctly different and lumping key broadcasting with "non-AFK" automation would ultimately hurt legitimate key broadcasting users (false reports/petitions, negativity on forums).

I'd rather not go down the rabbit hole beyond this clarification because this thread could get locked.
    Raccoo likes this.
  5. Rauven Augur

I think the fact I can't even use the software in question's name is a clue to how murky this subject actually is.
  6. demi Augur

how am I concealing the truth in any way ? I believe that is what you said .. Equivocating ? conceal truth, usage of ambiguous language ? I like how you summarize my posts into " ALL 3rd party software is the same "

I never said that afaik , i respond to alot of posts but I do not think i ever conceal the fact i use I s b .. and I especially do not think all 3rd party software is the same .. I did say that if your not AFK i dont see the problem with using other software as long as your not automating it and are at your keyboard like with I s B .. but those 2 3rd party softwares (and we know which 2 we are talking about ) are definitely very different .. one can be used for cheating as the other can not .. however some of you on these boards think that both of those softwares are cheat's .. and again im not getting into that .. as my "elephant in the room " post was locked .. evidently the powers that be CANT HANDLE THE TRUTH !!!

I'm sure i'll prolly get a timeout for this one !!
    IBTL : :eek: <slaps hand>
  7. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

If they were AFK killing they should get suspended whatever they are using.
    Corwyhn Lionheart and Tucoh like this.
  8. Rauven Augur

I still can't get over the fact I can't type the goddammed name of the program without it being autocensored and we're still arguing whether or not its as bad as others or even if it's still legit.

If the name of the program is censored. That doesn't bode well for its cause lol.
  9. Tucoh Augur

Who knows. We will see if i get banned when i come back in a month or two and start blowing up the servers with ridiculous inner space boxer spam.

EQ has a confused policy and more confused enforcement. You won't get any straight answers from Darkpaw games that align with their current enforcement.

If they ever want to correct that they should:
    1. Publish their current rulesets for the different servers on the EQ website ( not random dev posts that are basically their opinions)
    2. Whenever they permaban someone, post the list of characters on the account, why they were banned and what guilds the characters were in.
  10. IblisTheMage Augur

If that is the case, I can assure you it is not intentional.
  11. Accipiter Old Timer

Yeah, not sure why that thread was locked. It didn't seem to rise to that level. New guy finding his way maybe.
    Corwyhn Lionheart likes this.
  12. Accipiter Old Timer

I've done afk killing with my box group. Sometimes I run to the bathroom when the mob is at 50%.
  13. Accipiter Old Timer

Someone (aka DBG) doesn't know it's not 2010 anymore.
  14. Tappin Augur

The OP, more than likely, made their choice to use or not to prior to opening this thread. So yes, it’s a giant troll.
  15. Niskin Clockwork Arguer

They better what? This is their game, you don't get to make demands. They can't say I S B is ok or not, because the second they do, somebody will modify it to do something it shouldn't and claim "but you said it's ok." Try to follow the rules as best you can and you should be fine, with or without I S B.

Once again, if you take this position, you will end up getting suspended. There have been plenty of threads on the TLP forums about the /say thing. It happens, they will suspend you if you don't respond. You have been warned. I'd find a way to better isolate your say window or wherever that spam goes.

I'm not trying to argue with you, just trying to help you avoid an unnecessary suspension based on what we already know.
  16. Accipiter Old Timer

I don't use any of the programs mentioned here. But I can tell you if my box group gets suspended because I didn't respond to something in /say then I'll be glad to leave EQ forever. That's just stupidity but it's what we have come to expect from DBG/DPG.
  17. Sissruukk Rogue One

Iblis the Mage is the OP.
  18. Niskin Clockwork Arguer

Yeah, I suspect most would feel the same. It's not a good way to handle it in general, but I also get that the automaters can be pretty hard to catch, so maybe they were getting creative. I don't have a special window for /say, but I try to keep my chat window spam pretty filtered, so I'd see just about anything that came by. My alt is always in /say range of my main so I don't have to monitor multiple screens for that.

It is what it is, but I'd imagine most people don't want to end up in this situation, so I try to get the knowledge out there to prevent it.
  19. Tappin Augur

I stand by what I said: His mind was made up prior to opening this thread. But it the end, it does not matter. I am not interested in arguing if Isn'tboxer is cheating or not, but definitely a violation of the EULA. So the real question is whether or not they are actively trying to curtail the use of the program and what the consequences are if you get caught. As was pointed out to me, DP is never going to acknowledge the use of any specific 3rd party program for boxing.

As long as you are playing respectfully I do not see the issue, but it's his account not mine.
  20. Accipiter Old Timer

I tried it for a while. Didn't care for it.