Mischief / Thornblade Economies?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Indigo_Quarmite, Aug 16, 2021.

1. Indigo_Quarmite Augur

Considering rolling up when one of these servers when they enter Velious with a tentative plan to go at Velious casually before sliding into serious raiding.

I plan on playing 3 toons and am willing to part with around 15 to 20 krono to gear them up. I have never played on a free trade server and curious...

1. Is loot reasonably priced as it becomes outdated for twinking purposes? I would think free trade keeps costs down with the amount of loot that can be sold?
    2. Is that enough funding to get mostly caught up since Kunark raid loot is pretty much trash?
    3. Is there a website/discord to track auctions like Aradune and other servers had?
    4. Looks like mischief is high pop while thornblade is low (guessing the only reasonable answer here is to roll up on Mischief)
  2. oldkracow 9999 Is the Krono Account Limit

Mischief is the one you'll want. Once the /baz hits the prices will come down even more.
    You won't need anywhere near 15 - 20 krono for gear to be amazing. :D

Heck you won't even need more than 1 krono to get to 95% effective by then.
  3. Indigo_Quarmite Augur

Good to know it's that cheap. I did consider holding out for bazaar life. Guess I would have to see how far that is out.
  4. Nolrog Augur

I agree with this. It is not only free trade but there seems to be a chance to drop more loot than expected and the loot is randomized so you can get stuff in multiple places. There is so much loot that people are just giving stuff away (free xxx to the first tell). I see this every day or every other day on Thornblade. There is just a ton of gear floating around.

Also agree that once the bazaar opens, prices will come down more. People who don't sit in the Commons Tunnel and sell will set up in the bazaar when they aren't playing. I know I will.
    Yinla likes this.
  5. Kazzuk Elder

Several hundred selling on Mischief in EC at any given time, the site is tlp-auctions.com, we expect the Thornblade ghost town to be merged before too long into Mischief though, already a large chunk of folks payed to transfer. And if you want end game gear expect to pay more than a krono.... :D
  6. Iyacc Augur

End game pieces and epics will cost you some kronos. Most classes canbe kitted out with mid tier raid and high end group stuff for 1-2 krono probably.
    Indigo_Quarmite likes this.
  7. Kazzuk Elder

You can get an idea of how much from the website.
  8. Pleefun Lorekeeper

Things are cheaper on thornblade. Your money will get you more there
  9. Numiko Augur

no need to buy, just go hunting rare spawns, or on these servers not so rare spawns.... for example I have had 5 Sebilite Guardians spawn in a row. They will drop between 2 and 10 (yes 10!) items in their loot band (which is generally 5 levels) from any other rare in the expansion.

After playing fairly casual on Mischief from a month after launch I have my bank full of loot, my Dragon hoard all packed, my 3 boxes banks all full and have been having to create alts just to hold more items!
    Skuz likes this.
  10. Patchin New Member

100% agree on all... epics will cost ya... neighborhood of 20 krono for one, for the stuff that is buyable/multiquest able. Very high end stuff, grey suede boots, etc, still very expensive. But, can probably gear 3 toons in full class/hate/fear type stuff (minus some BPs) for 2-3 krono, and will be less, probably, with Velious. Fungis, some class BPs, Greenmist, Demi-Lich skullcap, etc, may cost ya 1 krono each.

Velious stuff, at beginning, I bet will be expensive. But give it a few weeks, with as much loot drops here, and it will be cheap as well. Or just get into decent named camps when leveling up, and loot it as ya go. It's bonkers how much loot drops. First hate raid guild did, had 70 pieces drop...
  11. Indigo_Quarmite Augur

I had no idea that was also a sped up more loot drops server. Pretty cool. Thanks for all the info. I fired up yesterday. Downsized to 2 toons for now!
  12. Gnothappening Augur

Loot has almost no value and drops fast. The first week or two of an expac loot will have value, after that it drops like a rock due to mobs dropping between 2-8 times as much loot as it would on a regular TLP. That is for group gear at least. Raid gear drops a lot as well, but it is more at the mercy of what raid guilds will charge.