Empty T2 Zones past 2 expansions

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by sdeco, Aug 16, 2021.

1. sdeco Lorekeeper

Whenever we pop into a T2 expansion from ToV or CoV either we're the only ones there, or there may be one other group. We try killing a few mobs but it seems to take way too long compared to T1 zones.

GD or WW always seem to have people in them however.

For a non raider The T2 zones are just too overpowered to make it worth playing. That's just my opinion without getting into what gear, AAs etc we all have.

I just wanted the Devs to consider this for future expansions. It sucks only getting a handful of zones per expansion and having several of them sitting there empty due to over tuning.
  2. minimind The Village Idiot

To be honest, those who primarily group and don't really care to complete all of progression didn't really NEED to do T2 zones in ToV. If you could knock out the Griklor mission, you'd get guaranteed ores. Ya, it's a gimme mission with enough DPS.

Note that I'm not knocking "gimme" missions. I think they're strategically wise to help people gear up when they don't have too much time to play weekly. But the ease of getting top-tier gear from the easiest mission may influence with the lack of T2 zone population.
  3. strongbus Augur

in ever exp you have 2 types of zones

1. grind zones that people hang out in and do all their grinding off levels/aa

2nd quest/ach/gear zones. the ones you go in get the quest/ach/any special gear people want. they go in get that done and never go back.
    Windance likes this.
  4. Tappin Augur

It has little to do with the mission and more copy + paste of old content and the zones chosen are the problem. Bad pathing combined with a room with high mob densely, doesn’t sound to fun.
  5. Axxius Augur

Until you outgear it. Then it becomes a great xp spot.
    Zaray and Nennius like this.
  6. Velisaris_MS Augur

Because every expansion is cookie cutter, cut and paste now:

- Do the merc and partisan tasks in each zone
    - Beat all the missions (by taskadd for a lot of group geared folks)
    - Finish hunter in each zone
    - Start farming the crap out of the the easiest mission for your armor drop(s)
    - Grind AA in the easiest zone you can find (usually the easiest zone from the previous expansion)
    - OPTIONAL: Grind out whatever evolving piece of junk they decided to throw in

Rinse and repeat.
  7. Mulerien Elder

Compare Kael vs Great divide. Mobs in Kael hit harder, have 25%ish more hps, can't be mezzed or stunned. Great divide dwarf caves mobs have none of those and respawn way quicker. Easy choice.
    Windance and Elyssanda like this.