Loot Etiquette - when does loot stop belonging to your group?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Tren, Aug 13, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Skrab East Cabilis #1 Realtor

I don’t know what your rant is about I was only commenting in regards to the opening statement of that post.
  2. sieger Augur

Um, no. If you think this you do not know how to use Adv Loot.
  3. Tappin Augur

You know what doesn’t make sense? Not asking the group that killed the mob for loot rights. The only reason not to ask is because you know the answer is going to be “No.” That’s clearly not what you want to hear.
    Windance and Corwyhn Lionheart like this.
  4. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

This comment is discouraging. What ever happened to play nice? :D
  5. Svann2 The Magnificent

Just put him on ignore.
  6. Lamar New Member

Everything about this is incorrect. If the item was left on a corpse you can assume the answer is yes...bc no one looted it...and left it on the corpse
  7. Skrab East Cabilis #1 Realtor

What are you even talking about? I didn’t even mention advanced loot. All I said was free looting, also known as cleaning up the trash, can save hours of time depending on the item. It doesn’t have to be an item tied to character to be worth looting.
  8. Sokki Still Won't Buff You!!

Personally, if I set loot to leave on corpse or the timer hits where it drops out of my advanced loot window, I consider it FFA. Usually at the point I've already asked guild if anyone wants it and no one's spoke up. If it's a decent item, I usually announce it's rotting in zone and/or general. At that point I don't "hold" it for anyone, first to get there gets it.

In the rare case that something drops out of advance loot that I want to hold for someone, I'll use the old school trick of just sitting on corpse so no one can loot until the person I want to have it shows up. Sometimes people ask before they start checking the corpses, most of the time people don't. Either way it doesn't bother me one bit, if it's on the corpse and open to them they can have at it.

EQ is a loot pinata now compared to the early days where even if a corpse was open, people still considered the loot as the killing groups only and the "Etiquette" was the norm. Now, with loot flowing faster than ever, people have gotten use to rotting gear everywhere. It's not uncommon to come across a camp with several named corpses rotting with gear. As someone else pointed out, usually the group is after 1 certain item/aug and everything else that drops is just rot loot for them.
    Niskin and Ssdar like this.
  9. Nolrog Augur

If I am ever in that situation, I lock the corpse so no one else can loot it (right click to bring up the old way of looting and then wait.) When the person shows up, I release it and they can loot.

Someone coming along and taking the item is bad form, but then again once the corpse open it is FFA, but you could have prevented that.
  10. Windance Augur

On bertox, most of the current expansion is mostly free of AFK players. Those that do tend to sit in older zones like FM, GD or Sithir's Tomb.

When I kill a named I'll check in guild to see if anyone needs the items, then ooc the rot.

I can not remember the last time I had someone do a drive by loot pile check.

Maybe its just your server. Play on a TLP ? or FV?
  11. Lamar New Member

I play on Bertoxx. Apparently someone does frequent Cobalt Scar lol.
  12. Windance Augur

Interesting. I just ran through there to do zland missions and didn't notice anyone.

Unlike the guy who's running 12 toons in Sithir's Tomb non stop for the last two weeks. Sadly the GM's just say they are 'looking into it' even when I provided 20+ hrs of recorded video showing the non stop automated pulling.
  13. Accipiter Old Timer

Do you play EQ?
  14. Accipiter Old Timer

What does that have to do with it?
  15. Accipiter Old Timer

Bull. You tried to age shame by posting about "him" to someone else. Now you are caught and making up excuses.
  16. Accipiter Old Timer

/boggle
  17. Accipiter Old Timer

I don't get outraged by someone looting my trash mobs but I always appreciate it if they ask.
  18. FranktheBank Augur

Why do you have 5 separate posts?
    Stymie likes this.
  19. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Leaving an item on a corpse is the same as throwing it in a dumpster FOR YOU. Not for me though so come to my camp and just start looting and we will have some problems. All my rots go to my guild first. Unless I put up an /OOC offering the loot I expect anyone not in my group to leave the loot alone. Not sure why that is surprising to some.

What I have a real hard time with is how anyone thinks everyone should be that way because they are. Why do some folks think they have the right to say what happens to loot on NPCs I killed? Whats up with that.
  20. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

The ONLY thing you can assume about an unlooted corpse is that it is unlooted. Well I guess you could also assume that the loot belongs to whoever is running the camp. Any more assumptions are silly.
    Nennius likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.