ISB still cool on Live?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by IblisTheMage, Aug 15, 2021.

1. IblisTheMage Augur

Considering starting to play again after (another) break.

Is ISB still accepted by DPG on live servers?
  2. Cadira Augur

Yes!
    IblisTheMage likes this.
  3. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

4. Rauven Augur

IblisTheMage likes this.
  5. Smokezz The Bane Crew

Yes it is. Some people are still trying to muddy the waters, as usual. But it's fine.
  6. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Unknown at this point. I think in addition to automation they MAY (and I repeat MAY) be targeting timing on keypress also. I know one IS B person who got a suspension and that is my only guess is that it was keys being hit at the same time across multiple eq sessions. Hopefully I S B remains safe to use.

And not trying to muddy the waters here but let you make a safe decision. EQ is now owned by EG7 who seems to take a stronger tact when it comes to what they consider cheating.

Personally I will keep using I S B but I am keeping my eyes out for Daybreak changing what they allow. And I have to accept that the first I could find out about it is when I find out I am suspended.

Some folks here get upset if I or anyone suggests things may be changing. I definitely think Daybreak is looking at coming down harder on software and the suspensions on Bertox were a test.
    IblisTheMage likes this.
  7. Jumbur Improved Familiar

As Fanra's link shows, the devs have specifically stated that I S Boxer was ok.

While some of the quotes are old. Im sure that if Darkpaw(or EG7) changed their stance, they would give an official heads-up in advance. They have nothing to gain by issuing surprise-bans against players using I S Boxer in good faith.

I don't think the Bertox ban-wave was related to I S boxer.
    IblisTheMage, Raccoo and Sokki like this.
  8. Sokki Still Won't Buff You!!

This is still my take on it. I'm guessing the recent ban wave was due to programs other than I S B or people using I S B with a macro keyboard to "automate" play.
    IblisTheMage likes this.
  9. Eaedyilye More stonehive bixies.

ISB is ok to use until DBG's tells us otherwise.
    IblisTheMage likes this.
  10. Rauven Augur

Did they say that before or after the recent acquisition?

Edit: I was able to see the source myself. It was 9 years ago. Daybreak was still SOE.

Use at your own risk.
  11. Raccoo Augur

12. Benito EQ player since 2001.

I wonder if long duration of play at a camp raises red flags.

I understand that the dumb botters will be at the same camp for 24 hours non-stop.

I would suggest not staying at a camp beyond like 4 to 6 hours if you use I S B to prevent a false positive or false report.

I may be wrong (with this assumption) but I'd play it safe.
  13. Skrab East Cabilis #1 Realtor

Camps aren’t something they can track as they’re not real.
  14. Benito EQ player since 2001.

I state "camps" to mean specific static locations. We're not sure of the GM/CS tools. But I'm confident GMs can log the /locs of characters and duration in zone.

I wonder if non-stop playing for 24+ hours would be considered "smoking gun" evidence against botters. You could reasonably assume that long gaming sessions (at the same specific location) could raise suspicion.
  15. Skrab East Cabilis #1 Realtor

I know Norrath is a fantasy land, but let’s be realistic.
  16. Rauven Augur

You're quoting things over a year ago. In the thread I linked, Niente had a different tune and that was last week. They didn't speak about [Unmentioned 3rd Party Software] itself, but let's just say I won't be using it anytime in the near future.
  17. Accipiter Old Timer

Was it on a TrueBox TLP? Because IS B might trigger their true box code.
    IblisTheMage likes this.
  18. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Was on Bertox same time as the M Q suspensions. Could be coincidence I guess.
  19. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Actually the first we will likely know is when some I S B folks get suspended. Now short of an announcement (dont think that will ever happen) that is how we will find out. With no warning it is "most liklely" to be suspensions first before bans at least that is how I am operating BUT I won't suggest anyone try using I S B at this point till we see what Daybreaks new owners EG7 do.
  20. demi Augur

I use I s B and before they send out the ban hammer or suspension on me they better make sure they send out a dev letter stating that I s B is not allowed when we have a dev who has specifically said it was ok to use and they allow it openly on TLP (which was stated (by a direct quote )in the dev comment in this thread).

If EG7 is against any software whatsoever then they should have to post it somewhere to give us who are using it some time to stop using it or be aware that if we do use it there will be consequences .. and also if it is going to be unallowable then they need to remove the ability to use it on the TLP that it was made available to use I s b boxers..

I'm at my keyboard 100% of the time so if they come and GM pounce on me they better send me a Tell to my Main toon and not just /say cause my say window is small and gets lost in a bunch of spam .. so they better send me a actual /tell sosandso..

I'm not gonna get into another debate about I s B to all you nay sayers on cheating again .. but my guess is , is that we will not be seeing anymore mass bans/suspensions on other servers due to the fallout of what happened on bertox ..