Idea for bottleneck epic quest NPCs

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by slenidrahs, Aug 13, 2021.

1. slenidrahs New Member

See as how you have to have a good amount of cash flow in EQ on new TLP servers and if you do not you can not progress with your epic quest due to the Krono farmers and people holding your epic spawns for ransom I have a suggestion for Daybreak.

Would it be possible to have these epic rare npc's set up as raid npc's that are accessed through the AoC system? It would still be an epic part of the quest but would need a significant raid and strategy to overcome. I am interested in what you all think about this.
    Allworth likes this.
  2. ForumBoss Augur

I remember the devs saying adding aoc is a lot of work. I think the easier solution, which is in place for some epic drops already, is to flag them as rare so their loot table appears on other names. There are some items they'd need to make tradeable, such as the gimblox ring. Of course this only works for mischief and thornblade.
  3. Waring_McMarrin Augur

The quickest solution would likely to be just to decrease the amount of time it takes for those mobs to spawn. That way you don't have a time sink of waiting for a mob to spawn while you have all the raid stuff done.
  4. Stymie Pendragon

The easiest thing for them to do is increase spawn rates. That's something they've been doing on certain mobs as they see fit over the last few years, and I can see them making more changes at some point in the future as well. Just have to be patient and hopeful I guess.
  5. Nolrog Augur

One of the bottle necks of the SK Epic has been Marl Kastane. They made so it doesn't despawn after some hand ins but not all. I have had to wait for him several times for a couple days to turn in the Note to Marl and then later on to turn in the Blood of Kyrenna. He despawned after I turned in the note but not after I turned in the blood.

This is a bottleneck. Turn in mobs really should not despawn. It is not like you need to kill him or anything it's just a turn in and then go.

He is either a 26 hour or a 72 hour respawn (I have read different accounts, so I am not sure.) Either way, he shouldn't despawn at all, or at the very least be reduced to 4 hours like Kurron Ni.
    Stymie likes this.
  6. Nolrog Augur

Just did the Mummy of Glohnor and got the Head of Glohnor and Glohnor Wrappings. Turned the head in no problem to Gerot Kastane, but went to turn the wrappings in to Marl and he is not up. So once again I am stuck at this arbitrary roadblock that doesn't seem to serve any real purpose anymore (if it ever did). Tomorrow is raid night, and there is a good chance I will not be ready for Lhranc because I am stuck on this turn in.