New Progression Servers?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Skandrake, Aug 13, 2021.

1. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

What if during certain times of the day crossing any zone line moved you to the burning woods?
    Appren likes this.
  2. Triconix Augur

Nah, nearest raid boss. Immediately just pushes your s in.
  3. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Random levelling Server

When you ding you will gain or lose 1 to 5 levels at random and the effect does not stop - when you hit max xp at max level the die are rolled.

You cannot go 100% aa only 90% so you will need to regularly sacrifice to keep yourself from "dinging" max xp once you are max level.
  4. Shakara Augur

The amusing part about this is it would actually be nigh impossible to get past lvl 30 like this just looking at how the statistics of that work
  5. jeskola pheerie

Benjamin Button server. Start at level 115 and work your way to 1
  6. Green_Mage Augur

All the twink gear that was expensive in past TLPs is very cheap on this server. Along with many cheap raid items that would normally cost good dkp. So it's a great ruleset for joining late. They honestly could go awhile without launching a new one from my PoV.
  7. Gnothappening Augur

I don't mind the random loot but I think mobs are dropping a little too much. I shouldn't kill a named and 6 pieces of rare loot drop.
  8. Sunriver Journeyman

Only take the first two pieces. Nothing is forcing you to take more.
    Skuz likes this.
  9. Febb Augur

A hardcore server where you always have a spellbook in your face and you can't switch to 3rd person. You have to guess where you are running. All npcs are kos. Also, when you die, you die perm, the character is deleted.
  10. Gnothappening Augur

Yes, you can artificially reduce the amount of gear you take. But like most things in life, when people are given things too easily or too much, it reduces the value and sense of accomplishment. The whole "gimme gimme, I deserve everything for minimal effort" is a large problem with people both in and out of the game.
  11. Luvz New Member

What if every year or two they make a POP locked TLP that merges with Agnarr once it reaches LDoN?

This server could be released alongside whatever new server is made that year.

This would aim to draw in players who want to try EQ again, but they prefer to play the content they are familiar with. It could potentially help with the dead server future, because there will always be a merge in the following year or so.
  12. Machen New Member

No idea why Agnarr players want more people to be locked in to Agnarr. If Agnarr isn't fun enough to retain population as it is, dumping more toons there every year isn't going to fix the problem.
  13. Luvz New Member

Early Agnarr was extremely fun and very populated. Dumping it back into Agnarr would justify making another locked server that would help Agnarr down the road instead of kill it. Many TLP players love playing a fresh server, but end up not enjoying content post PoP.
  14. Machen New Member

cccccccc
    THey also don't enjoy playing Pop/ldon on a locked server, or Agnarr would be packed. This isn't going to give you the golden revival you are hoping for.
    Triconix likes this.
  15. Triconix Augur

This wouldn't solve Agnarr's population problem. It's just going to force players to re-roll on another server because they don't want to be stuck in limbo, doing the same raids for eternity. What you propose effectively kills a new server and keeps an existing server as dead. Congratulations on a horrible idea.

Also, it's their loss if they don't like content past POP. The game changes kind of ruined the greatness that was POP. It's too easy now compared to what it once was. Player power has shifted too much that it trivialized most of POP (if not all). It's actually so easy it's borderline boring compared to what it was. I'm hoping GoD - TBS provides more of a challenge. They have more potential than POP because the fights divert from just tank & spank to more event-based. POP - TBS was the EQ raiding golden era back in the day. Now on TLP, I'm thinking that golden era begins at GOD.
    Kobra likes this.
  16. Kobra Augur

GoD is where I feel like the game finally becomes interesting. The loot starts getting good, you get worthwhile aa abilities, the content starts to not be boring etc.

Why people don't give it a try is beyond me.
    code-zero, Juskov and Triconix like this.
  17. Triconix Augur

Because nobody wants to admit it, but many players don't actually want a challenge. They just want wins and loot and classic-POP pretty much guarantees this with how easy the content now is. At least that's what I find throughout the TLP community. Most would like to chat it up, turning on auto attack, casting a few things a minute and call it a day. They want to keep their BPM (buttons per minute) way down.
  18. samenye Lorekeeper

+ PUGs + the competition that later EQ has from many other mmos.

Early EQ has no competitors - later EQ has tons, as there are any number of high BPM games out there.
  19. Iyacc Augur

Early Agnarr was super popular because most of the returning people had no idea they were going to continue to release MORE servers every year or so. Once we found out that half the server was going to bounce for the new shiny server, it wasn't near as easy to keep your guild populated enough to keep farming the same old boring crap you had already been doing for six months - ie. PoTime.

I don't think your idea would work because if given the choice between going to Agnarr OR going to a new server and doing it all again..... it seems like many people would prefer to start over on a full and vibrant server instead of going to a locked server where they may already have done almost everything they can with that toon already.
  20. Juskov Journeyman

I too love GoD and also DoDH with all the missions and fun clickies. Mischief was a novel idea and obviously has its fans that love easy mode, but it feels like the last gasp of trying to make the first few xpacs viable again. It's sort of hilarious how there were epic roadblocks in the old servers that this server fixed only to find out there were new epic headaches due to some items being tradeable. Mangler actually still seems reasonably populated. Now if they just cut down that long stretch at L70 a bit for the next TLPs...