Unable to Edit Maps

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Myrdale, Aug 14, 2021.

1. Myrdale Journeyman

Over the past week I have found myself unable to make permanent changes to the map on my main's account.

I can Auto Map, Add Label, Edit Label, etc and see the change, hit Save Map and get the text "ZoneName saved." But then if I switch maps, or hit current zone all of my edits are gone.

All layers are visible.
    Height Filter isn't on.
    This doesn't seem to occur with my other box account.

What am I missing?
  2. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Make sure your not trying to edit the default maps. Those will not hold any changes when you log or zone.

Goods, Brewells, and custom folders holding maps can be edited and saved.

edit plus I have found that after you add the label or make the edits that you have to zone for them to show up.
  3. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Try making a new map directory under the existing one. Copy all maps to that. In game open your map and use the top left corner drop down to select the new map directory you made. Then edit those and changes should stick (I don't think they are read only files but worth checking and changing if so).

Or

As CatsPaws suggests download a map pack. Do the same thing though create a directory under your current one and put the map pack there which will prevent it from being overwritten. And in game just change to that map directory. You can have multiple map directories for multiple versions of maps or map packs and switch which you use on the fly in game.
  4. Elyssanda Bardbrain

Yep I've been making changes to Good's maps all day. Ok not changes, but marking spawn points of collectibles.
  5. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Try and make sure your labels are on level, these are unlikey to be overwriten even on default.
  6. Myrdale Journeyman

That worked! Thanks.
    Corwyhn Lionheart likes this.