Test Update 08/10/2021 - Patch Notes and Discussions

Discussion in 'Test Update Notes and Bug Roundup' started by EQ Dev, Aug 10, 2021.

1. Wulfhere Augur

Wrong. We tanks have always been taunt pulling. Always. This is a big change. We shall see how it goes as usual.
  2. Wulfhere Augur

This is the first ignorant thing I recall that you have ever posted sir.
  3. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

Other than using it on TLPs at low levels to grab stuff to save on mana or arrows, no idea what you would be "taunt pulling" for in such a way that would make this a big change.
  4. Froglok Augur

So.... no mention of the rumored Overseer Achievements that supposedly unlock the last 3 Elites of the new Overseer Agents.
  5. Spankage Elder

Who actually gets within taunt/melee range to pull? Awful lot of time wasted running around this way. Can't imagine the change effecting much of anything in my day to day tank playing.
    Skuz likes this.
  6. Wulfhere Augur

Abaz, do you really argue that this nerf is because of Live level 115 play tactics? It's not.

TLP sure, for example: Level 60 mini-raid pulling Sky, partial clear of island and Spiroc Lord pops. All adds are within assist range of him and he death touches. Touch an add and you're dead. You're blocked and not ready/able to engage boss and remaining adds. Who and how can someone grab the adds without receiving a death touch? Single pull adds and then prep and defeat Spiroc Lord. Hint, this nerf makes that tried and true solution impossible.
  7. Riou EQResource

I don't think they come from completing the achievements because the agent collection achievements have them as requirements to unlock, the only agent missing from achievements still was Fippy as well (which is 1 time purchase per account)
  8. kizant Augur

If your argument is that there will now be one less way to cheese your way around a DT mechanic while doing level appropriate content then I think you just guaranteed this change will stay.
  9. kizant Augur

Hardly. I'm actually confident they'll attempt to address Wizard issues. It just won't happen instantly and I don't expect it to.

However, I've played a lot of monk and enchanter and I am sensitive to some of these pulling topics. This is one bug I've never thought made sense and I'm glad to see it finally get fixed. In my opinion, paladins already got a pacify, SKs can snare and FD, and if a warrior wants to go out their pulling then the whole zone should just aggro and save us some time. I've agreed when arcane whisper was fixed, which impacted wizards, and harmonious arrow, disease cloud, pet pulling, etc, etc.
  10. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

Or you can just tag whatever, pull in however many come but not being dumb, and kill the stuff with your force that is capable of killing a mob that DTs every 45s or so. You're not doing your argument any favors here.

This isn't "big", its meaningless except for a tiny group of people that were cheesing already joke content.
    Triconix and Skuz like this.
  11. Wulfhere Augur

Right, so I'm talking to two Wallaces who's eyes get big over Wensleydale. That's a tiny group of people who don't appreciate the potential impact of this change /shrug . Meanwhile I'm going to remain curious as to the reception of this patch by the playerbase at large.
  12. Herf Augur

Does anyone on TLPs spend more than about an hour at lvl 10, at least, beyond the first week or two?
  13. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

That may just be why only a hanful are b**ching so badly, everyone else was playing in the spirit of the game.

I can see a tiny few isolated pulls maybe genuinely being "around a corner" nearby but if we lose that to massivley screw with cheaters then I say to hell with that edge case - use a class that can control what they pull or get ready to mezz or multi-tank the stack. Everyone has seen those far-taunt using scumbags in action and nobody likes that.
  14. Jumbur Improved Familiar

I would LOVE to see Everquest turn into "Everquest 2.0". Think of all the possibilities...:)

If Everquest had flawless pathing, then we could have actual enjoyable underwater zones, just to name an example. If aggro-manegement made sense, then it would add a whole level of complexity to dps classes(I want dps to be a little more involved than just spamming a spell-weave on repeat)...

Everquest is not defined by its flaws!
    The flaws does not deserve to be a part of the formula.

There is no "sacred cow", that keeps the game alive. Improving the fundamentals of Everquest is the right way to go imho.
    Triconix and Skuz like this.
  15. Triconix Augur

Imagine saying taunt pulling is a defining feature of EQ. Oof. Can't even remember last time I bothered doing it. Plunk it with an arrow, bring some adds, kill em. Repeat.
  16. Kaenneth [You require Gold access to view this title]

I play the Gloomingdeep Tutorial zone on every new character, (done it 50-100 times) and still enjoy it.
  17. Kaenneth [You require Gold access to view this title]

Lag fixing is server engine code. I doubt most of that work will make the patch notes because it doesn't directly affect characters. No stat changes, graphic changes, etc. nothing that gets *patched* to the clients.

Anyway, I really hope they make progress; it really sucks that our raids are more successful with 48 players than 54 simply because of the NPC rubberbanding/extended spell lockouts/pet melee delay increase etc. going away from less lag.
    Skuz likes this.
  18. Carnival New Member

Any timeline when this will go live?
  19. strongbus Augur

test patch happens 2nd tues of the month patch to live happens the 3rd weds so the 18th
  20. Izzard of Bertox Augur

I spent months completing all the new Hunter Achievements. Is this patch going to take away all that? If I want to retain all my hunter bags, titles, and most importantly the check in the box, am I doing to have to re-visit all those zones? My concern is that only one line item says its optional.
    Coagagin likes this.