Expansion sale

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by demi, Aug 8, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Benito EQ player since 2001.

Yet, you are here.
    Nennius likes this.
  2. Elyssanda Bardbrain

I quilt .. and read excessively.. (250-300 books a year). Good quilt fabric can easily run $15/yard, with even a basic twin size quilt needing 5-6 yards of just the fabric. I read on my Kindle, I do get a LOT of my books for under $5.. but that's still $150 or so a month.

In contrast, I pay for my 2 EQ subscriptions a year at a time (at income tax time with my yearly return so I don't even miss that $$).. and 2 expansions a year which I buy at Beta time.. not the cheapest level. so $240+ 180.. $420/12= $35/month average? for my 2 accounts. Yeah, EQ is cheap entertainment.
  3. Alnitak Augur

In the EG7 document you have linked 37 dollars per month as ARPPU (Average Revenue Per Paying User). Not per account, my toons do not pay. I am the user, not my toons. and I pay actually more than $37 per month on average ... for 5 account + expansions.
    See, those people who write the investors' presentations know how to twist the tongue to misdirect readers.
    Svann2 and Velisaris_MS like this.
  4. Tucoh Augur

This thread sucks, what are you reading currently? Im reading Artorians archive book 5, Acme.
    gnomeboss likes this.
  5. Xilbuster Journeyman

no i can't , can't use any of my gear , or earn more aa it's pay or bust. the f2p is more of a trial than anything.
  6. Nennius Curmudgeon

Good.
  7. Accipiter Old Timer

That's your take?
  8. Alnitak Augur

No, that's my give. Is that yours?
  9. Bobokin Augur

How do you come up with $8 a year? We are talking my accounts, my kids accounts, my wife's account, and more, and that does not include a single guild hall teleporter. Plus, if any of players on those accounts actually want to play in this expansion, they have to have All Access because prestige locks out most of the augs, good weapons, and armor.

You are correct, if it is not worth spending the extra cash, by all means, we don't have to pay for the game. I guess FTP is the way to go here on out for all of those accounts.
  10. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

You are whining and complaining about the difference between 25% off vs 50% off on last year's expansion.

Its $34.99, assuming not all access. If all access, its even cheaper. The difference is $8.75 for the expansion. So that is a one time cost a year. If that makes it not worth it to you, then by all means don't pay it.

But what you said was that only people with a lot of disposable income would be left playing this game. Meaning its about ability to pay, not how worthwhile or not it is.
  11. ImaMedievalman New Member

If you buy the next new xpac, doesn't that include that previous xpac (CoV)? So if you need CoV, why would you buy it now vs just waiting for the next xpac?
  12. Veteran_BetaTester PIZZA!

But ju
    Why are you playing if you have 6 kids?

But just think of all the foodstamps your getting, and tax credits per child!

Don't do math, I am paying (and buying in DB store) for more then 2 accounts!

Think of how much movie tickets cost for all 6. how much entertainmet do you get per year out of EQ vs that.

You people complaining .. ' I'm not buying unless 50% off ' .. give me a break.

I work hard, I don't have ANY days off.. and I pay full price. I would be happy for 25%-40% off.. but I don't need too, as I have my accounts paid up.
    Merc names
    Heroic's
    Expansions
    3 months advance gold
    Ornaments
    Merc slots
    Transfers
    Kronos
    DB coin
    Illusions
    etc...

...and I'm a casual player devoting my time helping others.
    Leerah likes this.
  13. Benito EQ player since 2001.

To think most Americans got like $2,400+ in stimulus money and some serious players couldn't afford the basic expansion.
  14. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

I know in my case and I feel many other's it is not $34.99 but the family and friends version ($249.99) or prem edition( $139.99) or even the Collector's edition that we wanted to be on sale.

Those discounts have more of an impact.

I can buy 2 copies of the Family and Friends @50% off or 4 copies of the Prem edition.

As it is, I will skip those and buy nothing or maybe the cheap one $34.99 at $17.50

But it is their call. I hope who ever handles marketing has a degree - but I am beginning to doubt it more and more with the lack of things the players have asked for showing up in the marketplace or when they do (like the previous collector's editions) they are so overpriced few players will buy them
    Alena likes this.
  15. Nennius Curmudgeon

Oooops!

You have replied to the wrong person. Did you mean to reply to one of the people I was replying to?

In any case, I was one of the folks arguing that EQ IS cheap entertainment. And, a family of six in my case is two parents (my wife and I) and four kids. Also, I've never been on public assistance in my life, so I wouldn't have any idea about food stamps. And I've been working for money since I was 11 and still do. Next, I pay for two accounts because that's all I need or want.

And EQ IS still cheap compared to the many other things I have spent money on in the past. I hate to think how much money I spent on flying and on model railroading. They were/are lots of fun though.

P.S. You did have one good question though. With four kids (two of which are only four years-old) and foster kid as of today, I do need a break once in awhile. EQ allows me to escape RL for a short bit.

Mildly funny story. One of our kids asked me why I was being mean to the wolves I was killing in-game. I told him it was because they tried to hurt Goldilocks. He bought that explanation. :)
    Coagagin, Yinla, Herodotus and 3 others like this.
  16. DeadRagarr Augur

EQ "Free" to play system is basically the devs being forced to add a "Free" to play system while hating a free to play system.

It essentially hates what it is. That AA cap is sooooooooooo bad.
  17. Captain Video Augur

They could put 5000 AA unlockers on the Marketplace and in all probability they still wouldn't sell; vet players would continue to advise returnees to just sub for one month at the opportune point and bank the whopping big auto-grant. That aspect is part and parcel (pun not intended) of the F2P system we have, for better or for worse.

OT: I beat the drum for another lifetime sub promo every expansion cycle, it's really the only good opportunity to do so. People forget that Daybreak now owns and publishes other MMOs which have permanent lifetime sub pricing, and the occasional sales for such. I don't understand why EQ should be any different.
  18. Veteran_BetaTester PIZZA!

If you aren't clear what I was saying, or replying to, read it again.
    I have raised childreen and they have grown up. We aren't here to boast about how you raise kids or adopted or SAVED the WORLD.

I don't care.

I don't want to read, and I'm sure the Devs and the team don't care.. about your hardships or what .. how good you do with your life is all about when it comes to a thread about a discount on entertainment we pay for.

EverQuest is a game that is entertaining. I pay my way and have for years. (Who cares).

:)

You do get a discount on taxes :p so buy in DB will ya!

I'm in a bad mood can you tell?
  19. Nennius Curmudgeon

I understood you clearly. You are just delusional.

That's obvious.

When did I indicate I had a hardship? Seriously, provide a quote where I ever said i have any problem paying for EQ. I am not rich by any means but I have a very healthy income and don't need a drip like you to tell me anything. I also don't give a darn about your mood. Are you drinking again? My post says that I thought paying for EQ was a good idea. I was responding to a poster who suggested that EQ was overpriced and I disagreed with that. You are literally the only poster here who didn't understand that. You need to read a lot more carefully.

P.S. You really aren't worth more of my time. I now have you on ignore.
    Herodotus likes this.
  20. Leerah Augur

My Like is for this part. ^ That describes my activity too.

Kudos and gratitude to the guy who has 4 kids. We need more of them. I raised 5 sons during EQ years.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.