Autoskill & Luck question

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Yinla, Aug 10, 2021.

1. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Is there a way to turn it off autoskill after you have set it?
    Is there a way to turn off luck when you don't want any extra damage/hits?

/autoskill none doesn't work - I tried

Trying to not kill something is becoming a nightmare when backstab keeps triggering and lucky hits, even without weapons. :mad:
  2. Alnitak Augur

type the command
    /autoskill backstab
    and you will start backstabbing every time you can. Type
    /autoskill backstab
    once more and you will stop backstabbing. It's an on/off toggle.
  3. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Put a no damage item in your primary/secondary slots?
  4. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

I need to get it down to 30% before clicking an item so I still need to do some damage just not 100K+ in a hit.
  5. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

I thought this would fix it but I'm still backstabbing although this wasn't a lucky one. :)

6. Alnitak Augur

well riposte and /autoskill are different. If you manage to kill mobs on a single ripost backstab ... use weapons, which does not backstab. Like 1hb, 1hs, h2h (as a bare hand) in your primary hand. And your left hand can still do the damage to shave off top 70% of the mob.
  7. Riou EQResource

Believe you would have to reset your AA to not riposte backstab
  8. Accipiter Old Timer

Turn your back on the mob. You can't riposte unless you are facing the mob, correct?

Edit: I know you said you have to do some damage, but when the time comes to do the click turn your back.
  9. Svann2 The Magnificent

damage shield him down. If he has trouble hitting you then sit down and he gets an automatic hit.
    edit: or put a dps merc on it. :p
  10. Lianeb Augur

do not put a dagger in your hand....don't think you can BS otherwise
  11. Cicelee Augur

What if you use weaker weapons? Not saying fine steel per se, but it sounds like you are doing older content with newer weapons. Maybe using two in era weapons will lower your DPS and prevent issues from happening?
  12. Sissruukk Rogue One

What I normally do is equip two trophies, then I unequip the mainhand (keeping it on my cursor), hit it once, then put the trophy back in. Sit down and let it hit me for DS damage. (I do this with Vallon Zek as you can't kill him too fast)
  13. Winnowyl Suffering is optional.

This is pretty close to what I did to get the unbalanced achievement in the Argin-Hiz mission with the two boss dudes. I was assassinating them too fast for the game to recognize that they were unbalanced.