Expansion sale

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by demi, Aug 8, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Accipiter Old Timer

Your brain needs to rest. I was agreeing with you. With higher salaries comes a penalty. That penalty is that their total staff is limited to the budget amount. That isn't good. In San Diego maybe they hire 55 employees but in Las Vegas they could hire 60. Do you understand now? I can bust out the crayons if it'll help.

Well considering your lack of reading comprehension, I'm not surprised.
  2. Tappin Augur

Everquest is an expensive comparatively speaking. If they keep raising the prices, people are just going move on or reduce the amount they spend. I think 50% off the base price of the old expansion make it worth picking up for alts. Anything more is just not worth it. Since the collectors edition is more of a niche market, charge more for those.
  3. Laronk Augur

IMO one way to get 50% off, just buy every other expansion. For people who were able to wait until September I suggest just waiting 3 more months if you can and purchase the new expansion.
  4. Velisaris_MS Augur

I'm fine with progression.

It's the fact that everything except one zone was locked behind that progression, and you had to actually complete tasks in T2 zones in order to go back and access a T1 zone. That's the dumpster fire part I have a problem with.
    Coagagin, Fenthen and CrazyLarth like this.
  5. Tappin Augur

The whole expansion was a dumpster fire. Being maxed AA/f2p gear, only to get 1 rounded by an AoE is just nonsense.
  6. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Just so you all know I was one of the players who went ballistic last year when there was no 50% off sale for TOV premium edition right before COV was released. Cussed, kicked and all that.

BUT I was looking at the highest price version for family and friends at $ $249.99.

That is the one I would buy for numerous accounts if it were 50% off.

I could not even afford the next version down at $139.99 for the premium one. It still would have been over $100 just for one account to get it.

It will be the same this year. Only 25% off. This pricing started when they introduced the "Family and Friends packs" and will stay that way. EG7 is an entity not a person who makes rational decisions. So it doesn't matter how much every one wants this or that changed - the same people are still making those changes in the game, not EG7. That would be like expecting Elon Musk to personally come look at his Tesla and fix it.

Last year there was a 5 page forum posting about the whys and why nots of this pricing.

But when you get to the bottom line - they will do what they do. And you, depending on your money situation, you will do what you do. There is no right way.
    Fenthen and MasterMagnus like this.
  7. Slasher Augur

Lifetime subs are a horrible business decision.
    CrazyLarth likes this.
  8. demi Augur

i wouldnt buy it even if they offered them .. I pay for my accounts via krono that i earn in game via pp .. so i play for free in essence .. i mean i still buy expansions and micro transactions but I have not had to pay for an account in almost 2 years.. :p and I'm not about to start now ..
  9. Flatchy Court Jester

People keep saying this and I just dont see it. EQ is my cheapest entertainment. People who say this obviously do not fish for a hobby. I can easily spend more at the baitshop than the cost of an expansion. Dont even get me started on the cost of cold beverages for said fishing trip!
    Svann2, Ozon and Elyssanda like this.
  10. Skrab East Cabilis #1 Realtor

They could always try to get more customers into their game. Raising prices on a MMO never works to raise revenue. This isn't an opinion it's a fundamental truth in gaming. If, your game relies on players to be content the barrier to entry needs to be minimal. Remember, you existing in Norrath is equally or more important than the content the game actually releases.
  11. Skrab East Cabilis #1 Realtor

It’s a very expensive gaming hobby. The average user is spending $37/month for each account. You can play any other MMO for much cheaper.
  12. Flatchy Court Jester

How are you getting to 37 dollars a month for each account.? I pay for 4 accounts and not coming close to that.
  13. Skrab East Cabilis #1 Realtor

14. Alnitak Augur

Ozon and Skuz like this.
  15. Xilbuster Journeyman

some sort of deal on subscription would be nice. had to end 3 of my 4 accounts this week . money getting tight.
  16. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

That is another great thing about this game. You can "quit" but still play thru Silver or F2P.
  17. Benito EQ player since 2001.

EQ1 has one of the more generous F2P models in the MMO world. You can buy the latest expansion and you can play in the latest content F2P. The devs even create current content F2P gear (T1 group).

If you buy the full game on FF14, you can only play up to level 60 F2P.

There is basically no such thing as F2P on WoW. You can play up to level 20 free.
  18. Accipiter Old Timer

None of us would, though. "Us" being the posters in the Veteran's Lounge.
    Velisaris_MS likes this.
  19. Skrab East Cabilis #1 Realtor

FF14 offers immensely more value, there's no comparison between gameplay offerings and community. EQ1 just can't compete. Plus, a FTP EQ1 character past 70 is really, really bad.
  20. Skrab East Cabilis #1 Realtor

You're going to have to show me where you found interpretation, because MAUs does not count by same CC.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.