Beastlord Wishes 2021

Discussion in 'Hybrid' started by Sain_Rathe, May 12, 2021.

1. strongbus Augur

that sounds good. give each stance some sort of bonus. that why doing the same dps gives some difference.
  2. Roxas MM Augur

full burn, 2h wins ( mostly because of vindication ), without that, 1h is the better choice from what i parsed a few months back. 1h's is like 10% more dps then. so i use both.
    besides, using 1 handers in raid means taking up 1 extra debuff slot due to our innate gelid claw procs, which might not be handy..

Szilent likes this.
  3. strongbus Augur

we still take up that slot even with 2hander as claw can proc off some of our disc/skill as well as 1handers.
  4. Iribabh Augur

On topic of taking slots, I don't know that I'm a fan of the stance idea. I already hit max buff slots during burns, depending on what others in the party are doing.

As it stands, DW is ahead of 2h anytime you either: A) Are not burning OR B) Do not have both shaman and bard epics active.

2hb pulls ahead for more reasons than vindication. It pulls ahead because it crits bigger and harder and with adps it turns into the same reason monks only use 2hb - scaling.

Honestly I kind of like it where it is. I can be lazy and just stay 2hb all night in raid and do well or if I'm in full try-hard mode I can eek out extra by watching what adps I'm being provided and swap weapons accordingly. I don't want locked in where only 1 weapon config is always best.

Hell a few nights ago, we were down on clerics so one of the bst in raid swapped for double HoTT proc weapons. He lost a fair chunk of dps sure (maybe 100k from where he'd normally be) but did 2 million additional in healing (only 5% of the additional healing was OverHealing) on the tanks just from those procs.

Honestly, I think Gelid Rending kind of works as our "stance". Sure we can proc it with strikes and CA's but it isn't a reliable source of damage unless you're in DW.
    Szilent likes this.
  5. Zunar Augur

Savage rancor was ok before they nerfed most disc timers to not extend witj spell casting reinforcement.
    It lasted twice longer then.
    I'd like to see this disc timer restored or the cooldown reduced by half.
  6. strongbus Augur

I like to see Gelid Rending changed to be 2 different aa lines

1st. is the DD part and increase the dd part to be much more damage.
    2nd. make the debuff a different aa that we can disable if we want so on raids we don't take up that extra debuff slot or get ride of the debuff and make it chance to proc a reduce agro spell.
    Zunar and menown like this.
  7. Goodkitty Augur

I want wolf swarm to be a 1hr BUFF that lets us proc the wolves, The spell gems used and fergalia can go away after that which would welcome in pet heal proc on the spell bar if youre going hard on the dps!
  8. Iribabh Augur

No thank you to this. It removes the ability to use swarms as a speedbump or even to off tank a mob for a short time to give someone a chance to cc it. I regularly use swarms either as a splitting tool or to pick up an add to give bard/druid a chance to cc it out.

Also what does the heal proc have to do with going hard on dps? The heal proc is pretty minimal for what it does, it has a low counter count and requires frequent recast for high uptime which means you're not casting dps spells. The heal proc is okay to use pre-pull but I'd never reapply it in combat.
  9. Zunar Augur

I think what he means is, he can have it loaded all the time if Feralgia isn't needed on that very crowded spell bar anymore.
    The heal proc has a 30 second cooldown, so if you want to use it, you can't be swapping it in and out or suffer the cooldown every swap.
    As it is now, if you wanna make use of this heal proc you're basically swapping out a nuke or DoT spell.
  10. Iribabh Augur

Yea but procing the wolves is the problem. If it's proc then you can't use it at all for any of the utility functions.
    Zunar likes this.
  11. Zunar Augur

They'd need to rework the whole spell at this point to make it more functional, so I've suggested for years now to atleast have it made instant cast, but alas, they don't listen.

Loading two spells takes up too many spell gems, I.E. feralgia and the shout at the moon, so most of us use only feralgia, at a slight mana penalty cuz if you chain this, then you're spending more mana than chaining shout at the moon.

Feralgia could use a rework because it doesn't make much sense for it to apply a 2min buff, when as a dps tool you'd want to cast it every 18 seconds or so.

One option in my opinion could be to have it autospawn new pets every 18 seconds until the feralgia buff has worn off.
    Casting Feralgia again too early, would simply summon a new pet and kill the old ones.
    You can still cast an on-demand pet, but at a cost then.
    I don't know if this is feasible though.
  12. Iribabh Augur

DPS gain from swarm pets is minimal. Most serious raid groups "ban" the use of beastlord swarms because of this. The 115 Feralgia swarms are good for roughly 22k dps. The 120 is around 35k. It's better than nothing but honestly it ain't much.

I use it for the Growl spell and as a filler on rare occasion when I all my DD's are on cd and I don't want to refresh a dot for some reason, other than that I use it as a speed bump/off tank or as a pull/split function. The scary thing is, AFAIK beastlord swarms are the second best swarms. On beta, the new RS that mage are using clock in around 300-400k dps. Pretty big disparity there.

TL;DR - our swarms suck for dps anyhow so don't worry about trying to fit it in ever 18sec
  13. Szilent Augur

w/o lag?

nec skeles w/ adps > mag servants > nec skeles >>> werewolves > shm pack
    Sancus likes this.
  14. Iribabh Augur

Not that I have data to back it but at least with the new RS I can't imagine necro pets out parsing that. Also when you say "w/adps" on them, is that bard aura + mag aura or something else? Maybe war chorus? When I pulled those numbers it was on live raids looking at what they were doing so it definitely was WITH lag.
  15. Sancus Augur

Beastlord swarms are definitely worse than Mage swarms, but there isn't a 10-fold difference. Here's the DPS of all three class's swarms on beta at EM 30, with the notable caveat that this is without any auras (discussed later):

Beastlord: Combat Dummy Azia in 618s, 75.44M Damage @122.07K, 1. Kenon +Pets = 75.44M@122.07K in 618s
    Magician: Combat Dummy Azia in 629s, 210.18M Damage @334.16K, 1. Sancus +Pets = 210.18M@334.16K in 629s
    Necromancer: Combat Dummy Azia in 634s, 136.81M Damage @215.78K, 1. Sancnec +Pets = 136.81M@215.78K in 634s

DPS is also skewed by recast timers. While having a shorter recast is an advantage, I don't think people would, for example, compare two nukes with different recasts by chaining them vs a combat dummy and looking at just DPS.

With the new Hastened rank, RS has a 10 second cooldown, versus 18 for the Necromancer and Beastlord swarm pets. That's a significant factor in what's driving the DPS higher in those parses. As said, it's certainly an advantage, but what determines if a spell is worth casting is the damage it does vs the opportunity cost (which is cast + GCD). You wouldn't not cast a 50M damage swarm pet, for example, simply because it had a 10 minute recast.

Here's an approximate damage per cast based off of the above parses:

Beastlord: 75.44M / 36 pets = 2.097M per pet. 2.097M + 2.097M * 3 * 12% = 2.851M / cast avg
    Magician: 210.18M / 49 casts = 4.289M / cast avg
    Necromancer: 136.81M / 30 cast = 4.560M / cast avg

While AC (discussed below) will reduce damage output in raids, it's hard for me to believe that a raid force would ban Beastlord swarm pets outright unless all swarm pets other than Magician RS pets are banned. The swarm pets that normally are banned are the high volume, low damage per pet ones. Beastlord swarm pets are likely the second highest damage per pet swarm pets in the game.
    Songs (including War Chorus) do not land on swarm pets. "ADPS" constitutes Bard Aura, Shaman Pact of the Wolf Aura, Magician Arcane Distillect, and Magician Theft of Essence. Arcane Distillect adds a 15% Hit Damage modifier, which adds a bit less than 15% DPS (it doesn't modify the DB portion of hits). Bard Aura adds 25% overhaste. Theft adds 25% haste and Pact adds 75% haste, which do not stack. Any haste is essentially a proportional DPS increase, because swarm pets spawn with none.

What does have a fairly substantial impact on raids specifically, and is something to consider from a "Beastlord Wishes" perspective, is the attack that Theft adds to swarm pets. All swarm pets, Mage RS included, spawn with far too little ATK relative to raid boss AC, and therefore mostly hit for DI 1. Theft rather dramatically changes their hit distribution, and was added in EoK for Mages because RS's damage was becoming lower than direct damage spells in raids. RS has always been an integral part of our DPS rotation (unlike Nec/Bst), which is why it was the focus of a lot of our feedback and got addressed. That said, I don't really think there's a good reason that Necros or Beastlords ought to be dependent on having an in-group Mage for their swarm pets to have a reasonable amount of attack.
    As I told you in DMs, all focused pets increased the same amount proportionately. Nothing changed in a relative sense from CoV. Necro swarms did more damage per cast with other variables constant (i.e., the same auras) before, and they still do. Necro swarms also cumulatively have 84% more HP than Mage swarms. Beastlord swarms actually also have equal HP to RS pets. Mages (again) have shorter cooldowns and Bst/Necros are dependent on an in-group Mage for Theft.

The highest DPS swarm pets in EQ by a factor of 3-10 are not Mage swarm pets and are not discussed in this post.
    Beyond the Theft/AC point discussed above, Mage rotations are consistently focused on casting RS on cooldown, whereas Necro/Beastlord rotations are generally not. That will further skew DPS comparisons. It's also important to disentangle other swarms (e.g. Host) from damage/DPS numbers.
    Romance, Tucoh, Zunar and 1 other person like this.
  16. Goodkitty Augur

The lag goes away if you filter out the swarm pets logging text to your pc!
  17. Razorwulf Journeyman

One of the biggest QoL changes I would like is this, GET RID OF THE NEED FOR PET TOYS! The need for us to continually get pet toys after a wipe is just painful, they should remove them totally and increase pets to compensate