Mischief: Sceptre of Destruction//Mask of Tinkering

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Sennik Jevest, Aug 6, 2021.

1. Sennik Jevest Elder

Anyone else hoping these will drop even after Sleeper is woke? or just me?
  2. ShaggyG Lorekeeper

Pretty much my biggest hope, and will likely be my biggest disappointment with velious when it doesn't happen.
  3. Iyacc Augur

I fully expect both sets of loot to drop in a couple of weird places until someone complains loud and hard about it. At that point, it'll get "fixed" and neither set will drop anywhere except the warders.
    Xanathol likes this.
  4. Ythera Augur

The sceptre’s main selling point was that it was tradeable. Given every weapon in SoV being tradeable, it’s not really that impressive with its .66 ratio. Lots of other better raid options.
    Foaming and Dythan like this.
  5. Tweakfour17 Augur

Probably still has some value server transferring it off, although I'd assume FV is the only destination possible so maybe not.
    Skuz likes this.
  6. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Still has value as a collectors item as a lot of people like to collect items that are harder to get.
    Skuz likes this.
  7. Green_Mage Augur

Warder loot should drop off golems and the top level bosses like Vulak, AoW and Tunare IMO. It would be nice to see some more ST loot that is normally unattainable. It could still be very rare and valuable for a long time if it doesn't drop that often.
  8. Kumiko_Lockjaw Elder

With 12 18, good stats and a very big proc it's still bis dmg, if you can control the agro.
    For a warrior at least 1 sod is bis too
  9. Green_Mage Augur

SoD/Blade of Carnage is warrior BiS in Velious I believe. But they have better hate proc items in Luclin anyway.

Not to mention, how much does it really matter if you have BiS aggro proc weapon? Most warriors seem to hold aggro fine without it.
  10. HoodenShuklak Augur

The warriors aggro depends on whether or not the mages have epics.
  11. Machen New Member

That's half the equation. The other half is, do the warriors know what to do with it if the mages do have epics?
  12. Kumiko_Lockjaw Elder

Then you can ask, how best in slot generally matters?

For me, the driving force in EQ is the loot and character development. I make no secret of that.
    Of course, you can get through any boss with much worse equipment.
    But after 20 years, the boss kills aren't quite as exciting.
    The items, however, are still just as shiny as they were back then, especially in a world with hundreds and thousands of real players.
    Anyone who tells me they don't need or want best in slot or group loot is good enough for them, probably can't get to the really good stuff. Either they don't have a raid guild or don't have Kronos.

The important thing about BoC, SoD and Aten Necklace is not just that you have it.
    It's just as important, that most others don't have it.
    They may then please throw themselves on the ground at your feet, full of adoration and admiration, and roll in the dust whining and drooling with envy :)

If you want story and a game where everyone is equally awesome, then play D3 or a solo RPG or an offline thing with your own rules lol.
  13. Triconix Augur

Meh, it depends on era. Early on, my class is super gear reliant so I'm making a more conscious effort getting gear. On live, it's a totally different story.

I'm normally one of the last ones to finish BIS because I honestly couldn't care less about having it or not. I usually get my shield first then new 2h second. That's really all I need each expansion. Gotta keep up that dps. COV is the first time I'm actually spending some dkp on the TS ores because my attendance has been down. Normally I fully gear myself through coins so I'm not done until late summer early fall. I care more about completing things that I can more personally control such as augs, AAs, progression, etc.

It's actually more fun as a war tanking with sub optimal gear because it really forces you to min/max everything (although stupid Dragon Glyph 1 click win kind of ruined everything).
  14. Loratex The Ridiculous Necro

It would be a little disappointing if loot was still tied specifically to them. Essentially with how the rest of the server has been so far it should be open to other tables. At this point they really need to rework the awakening.
  15. HoodenShuklak Augur

Selo proved gear doesn't matter when it comes to beating eq raids.

Too much player power bloat and ped's.
  16. Gnomie Denser than most

I'm more hoping that the Shroud of Longevity keeps dropping