can someone help me get unbanned from the discord

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Westtell, Aug 9, 2021.

1. Westtell Journeyman

I said the S word and that stupid discord bot Autobanned me for like no reason. can anyone help crimson_dawn#9694
  2. Dythan Ban Lev in Plane of Fire guy

If you get banned from 1 discord server, you should be banned from all discord servers.
    Skuz and Nennius like this.
  3. Nennius Curmudgeon

Stop saying words that will get you banned. That was easy. Oh, and can I friend the bot?
    Skuz likes this.
  4. Svann2 The Magnificent

Pretty sure it wasnt just the S word, but being abusive with the S word. That said, its probably just temporary. Live and learn.
    Nennius and Skuz like this.
  5. Szilent Augur

The automod installed on the official discord is oversensitive, overactive and empowered to take wildly out-of-scale actions in response to being triggered (hah! see what I did there?).

It very likely was. The automod is not remotely smart enough to detect "abuse". It's not temporary, the automod hands out server bans like it's Oprah. All his "living" will be as a non-participant in EQ's "community", having "learned" that Daybreak is happy to allow draconian policing by a stupid robot.
    Leerah likes this.
  6. Strawberry Augur

I don't really see the problem. Discord uses automated bots to ban people who curse, not all bans are justified.

Now that you know the rules, simply stop cursing, be nice, and join with another alias.
    Leerah likes this.
  7. Smokezz The Bane Crew

This is the answer. I suggest using a three letter acronym.
    Act of Valor and Nennius like this.
  8. Svann2 The Magnificent

quick search of EQ discord finds 3 other posts using the S word (not crimson_dawn#9694). I dont think a bot would ban one and not another. They typically just react the same way every time. Unless Im misunderstanding what "the S word" means.
    Leerah likes this.
  9. Dythan Ban Lev in Plane of Fire guy

10. Westtell Journeyman

i tried this with a new discord account and my dumb added my phone number to it and it banned me again
  11. Svann2 The Magnificent

Thats... Are you serious?
    Leerah likes this.
  12. Accipiter Old Timer

I'd say probably justice is served.
    Skuz, Nennius and code-zero like this.
  13. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Getting around a ban by making a new account is generally a bannable offense.
  14. Tweakfour17 Augur

PM Accendo on the forums, he's the only one who can/will unban you anyways, nothing we can do.
    Nennius likes this.
  15. Leerah Augur

I never would have guessed that! It's a legal term!