Confirmed Loss of music/sound

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Khyrra, Nov 19, 2020.

1. Khyrra Elder

I have noticed on Ragefire there is a problem with some sound.

After zoning into our new expansion - Underfoot, cannot hear the merchant music or combat attack sounds.
    Zoning to other zones eg Plane of Knowledge, Guild Lobby etc makes no difference the music/sounds have gone.
    I have to reboot to get the music back.

Hope this can be fixed.
    Chio, Banch2, Stymie and 11 others like this.
  2. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

This is most likely client-based (it's on your end). It honestly sounds like a corrupted zone file. Try running a complete file check and test. If that fails, delete all the Underfoot zone files from your EQ folder and re-download.
  3. JulieMay64 New Member

I am also having similar issues with random zones having no combat attack sound. The only thing that fixes it (temporarily) is to fully log out and back in. Multiple accounts, multiple computers. It's not a file issue unless we all have the same corrupt file.
  4. JulieMay64 New Member

Forgot to mention... I'm on Tunare and the bug started about the same time as this initial bug report.
  5. Grabatz Lorekeeper

I am on Xegony.
    For me it actually started when the sound routines were modernized in early 2018.
    My impression is that EQ started to use more sound channels with the Underfoot expansion and can't handle that many anymore since the revamp of the sound routines.
    For me the easiest way to reproduce the issue is to turn on attack (press 'Q') in an Underfoot zone: Combat-music will fail to play. From then on, i wont hear combat-music in any zone - no matter what expansion. But not restricted to the combat-music, sometimes i won't hear tavern- or shop-music in the Plane of Knowledge.
    Only way to resolve this is to shut down the client and restart it.
    This happens on all computers in my Family, be it a laptop, a desktop, running windows 7 or windows 10. (And before you ask: No, the installation are not cloned!)
    JulieMay64 likes this.
  6. GNOME_POWER Augur

When I can no longer hear them, I turn the environment sounds check box on and off.
  7. JulieMay64 New Member

This is exactly the same symptom I see. Multiple computers, multiple accounts. I had earlier reported that it started for me about late December 2020. Looking back, that's probably about the first time I ventured into the Underfoot Zones. So, this problem very easily could have existed for a long time and I just never noticed. Regardless, it is very frustrating because I heavily rely on sounds.
  8. DebonAir Lorekeeper

This does not work for me. Combat music doesn't come back. :(
  9. Winlulu21 New Member

I’m having this issue as well currently. Cant seem to get it working.
  10. CherryCoke Apprentice

I actually just bug reported this yesterday. Didn't realize the bug had been around so long without being fixed. I have only experienced it in Underfoot zones. Turn on autoattack and it kills all music. The problem persists even if I zone or change characters, but music works normally if I go out to server select and back in.
  11. Ratalthor Developer

Can anybody affected by this issue provide us with reproduction steps and/or specific zones you see this issue in?
    CherryCoke likes this.
  12. CherryCoke Apprentice

This appears to occur in all zones in the Underfoot expansion. To repeat, go to an Underfoot zone (such as Brell's Rest) and turn on auto attack. No attack music will play and the zone music will stop playing too (I noticed this seems to be the normal behavior while attack is on, but the music does not return once auto attack is off). Other sounds appear to work, like if I pick up something in my inventory I get that sound. Zone music/attack music will not play even upon zoning to a non-Underfoot zone.

When I was testing to make sure this is still an issue I confirmed that if you camp, there's no character select music, just the faint sound of the torch burning. When you log in another character, zone music plays initially. But even if that character is not in an Underfoot zone, if they turn on auto attack, there's no attack music and zone music stops playing. The only way to fix the issue is to go to server select and back in again. Then character select music plays and zone music/attack music function normally, so long as you aren't trying to attack in an Underfoot zone.
    Enoch and Grabatz like this.
  13. Yaell New Member

Those are the reproduction steps for me.
  14. Keghor New Member

April 2022 and having these exact same issues in Underfoot zones on Mangler. Was there never a fix for this??
  15. Paladin Augur

Actually, this has been an issue on Live for quite a long time now. Zone music not playing. Combat music not playing. And so on.

File Checks, Volume settings and all that aside, this issue remains.
  16. Imukai Augur

"Confirmed" I guess in this case means "So far down our backlog that we might get to it in 2025"
    Metanis likes this.
  17. Gio-Cefalu Augur

This has been happening to me for the past several months on Live servers (FV). I notice it across zones. Sometimes combat music starts to work, and then it just stops when I zone or just randomly. We have to log off and back on in order to get combat music working again. It would be nice if we could get this prioritized. It makes a big difference for me.
  18. Gio-Cefalu Augur

I also noticed that if I die and get resurrected that my combat music will start working again (at least until I zone again). I know this is listed as "confirmed," but could we get this prioritized for the next patch?

I rely on combat music to help me make sure I'm in combat (Often when I start auto-attack, it doesn't always start, so I might have to fire my auto-attack macro again, and there's too much on screen at once to rely just on the player window indicator). I know others rely on the combat sound as well.
  19. Banch2 New Member

Is there an internal fix for this?