Shorten the 70 xpacs

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by The Silver Smurfer, Aug 5, 2021.

1. Accipiter Old Timer

That's an excellent observation.
    Skuz likes this.
  2. Roxas MM Augur

PoR also gave us power sources. Dont forget the weapons all have no proc and switching the PD gave you the proc you wanted.
    i suggested a few years back to bundle oow and don, and then dod and por alrdy. i think we lost like 20% of our guild in the time we were in PoR. That tells you something about how good it was....
  3. Tweakfour17 Augur

Power sources are The Buried Sea not PoR, were you thinking of auras maybe?
    Skuz likes this.
  4. Accipiter Old Timer

Another bad idea.
  5. Xhartor Augur

DoN should be grouped with Omens.
    Omens is already lacking in content content for a 3 month expansion, and it starts the general 70 era problem of expansion that fill up a 3 night a week raid schedule. MPG trial are 2-3 hours based on how much of clusterf*** running around MPG between trials is. Anguish is around 60-90min. Then you 2.0 fights which you run out of pretty quickly.
    The lack of gear inflation keeps Tacvi second on the raid priority list during this era. Lacking proper inflation is another problem with this era.

DoN:
    The content isn't designed for prog raiding guilds, which make up the bulk of TLP player base.
    Vish = Anguish loot with custom stuff.
    Yar, Rik, and Kes are more Tacvi loot.

I disagree with grouping DoDh and PoR together.
    PoR has a serious lack of group content and/or motivation to engage with the content.
    It has the raid content, the longest raid prog since GoD.
    However the loot suffers from the 70's era inflation problem.
    It's biggest problem is that the raids are poorly designed to work with EQ engine.
    Daosheen, Sullon Zek, DK1, Dk2 are all just bad encounters, and should be reworked to something that work better with EQ engine.
    The recent changes to AR took the waiting around doing nothing part out of the encounter, it's still boring and unchallenging.
  6. Roxas MM Augur

my bad, you're right, had the expacs mixed up.
    Tweakfour17 likes this.
  7. Zipe The Healer

Lol Boze,
    During Phinny basically was YOU and ME farming the Black orbs.
    dunno if you ever realized that the only Bazaar mules selling spares was yours and mine.
    I made like 20 kronos during PoR.

What it's hilarious is that ppl often don't realize the Krono-making potential beyond Classic.
    Boze likes this.
  8. Boze TLP complaint factory

Yeah I spent a stupid amount of time farming it only to replace it immediately in TSS.
  9. Febb Augur

It needs to start in PoR and locked in PoR. This is something that literally someone has asked for.
  10. Wyre Wintermute I'm just a butterly dreaming I'm a man

Worst part about MPG raiding.. was the raid getting blown out into multiple pick zones after completing a trial.

I'm all on board for the OoW + DoN grouping and DoDH + PoR grouping though.
    For DoN, most raid guilds farmed Yar'Lir + Vish and only cleared the others for progression reasons. Yar + Vish for the eyes, Vish loot, and Yar clicky DS ring.

As for DoDH + PoR....
    DoDH was great on its own. PoR had "supplemental" upgrades and really didn't bring much more to the table besides the circle clickies and more crafted raid aug targets. Personally, I think if the Saga Skins requirement of PoR progression was lessened and AoC's + inctrease inspiration drops for ToB bosses added, the whole PoR progression would be much much faster. Knocking out the 3 Elddar missions, 3 Skylance missions, and Razerthorn mission were nothing. They removed the lock from Daosheen (You used to all have to have the skylance missions + the piece from Nightshade and the pieces from the 3 dragons.) I think if People didn't have to have the Saga Skins flagging for Sullon, PoR would be even less of a hassle for Raid Progression. With just 7 group tasks, 3 raid bosses, and the inspiration page, unlocking DK access would be done in one night, possibly beaten upon the next lockout?

I didn't find DK1 to be all that bad, DK2 was the worst of the encounters... Remove the random porting and it would have been much, much better. Daosheen is simply unforgiving. Only raids with heavy box crews seemed to have too much difficulty with it. Sullon wasn't difficult at all. Prioritize adds, remember they added a DT if you tried to pull her out like the old days, and simply manage DPS.
    Bobbybick likes this.
  11. Galactron Journeyman

9 Months of level 70 is way too long.
  12. Tritonia Journeyman

I like bobby's 3 month bundle plan. The staggered 8/4/8/4 week release Skuz prefers presents a problem, at least to me, with PoR. 4 weeks of DoN is very short and every priest needs an eye but keeping vish rolling into DoDH+ till you take care of business is viable. PoR at 4 weeks based on the few Coirnav guilds in TSS and the several Mangler guilds in TSS is a lot tougher sell to keep on the schedule. So unless Ayonae's table is limited to literally only power 3s and the 2 augs, I feel too much is left on the table at 4 weeks which would be a nonissue with DoDH/PoR block combined.

Edit: also DK2 cloaks. gonna have some upset shaman/necros rng depending on 4 weeks
  13. Machen New Member

You don't stop doing PoR just because TSS unlocks. TSS is 2 nights of raiding tops per week. IF 4 weeks isn't enough to get your circle clickies, just keep doing it.
  14. Tritonia Journeyman

On Coirnav, one guild killed it once in TSS. On Mangler, 2 possibly 3 of the guilds that were not able to handle TSS for a few weeks still raided it at least a few times. No one else went back at least on regular schedule. I personally would have liked to keep it on. We got like 4 of 100 power 3s we needed. But others wanted 2 days a week only TSS raiding and it seems that was something every guild capable of jumping right into TSS had in common. I'm a DK raiding fan. I'd like to extend past those 4 weeks. And maybe with it being 4 vs 8 going back would be an easier sell. But on the last 2 servers I have been an extreme minority wanting to continue raiding DK into TSS.
  15. Machen New Member

The problem is, even if you do it every week for 3 months, you will get only 12 of the 100 power 3's you need. It's not worth the tradeoff. Especially when 6 of those 12 will have quit within 6 months.
    Tritonia likes this.
  16. FranktheBank Augur

If you're smart you do.
  17. SoandsoForumUser Augur

Kept clearing up until TBS... zero power III clickies.
  18. Dythan Ban Lev in Plane of Fire guy

The should unlock PoWar with TSS, let guilds strugglebus at 75 to farm CoP4
  19. FranktheBank Augur

I mean, if you want to subject your guild to doing a horrible raid for maybe 1 person, that has a chance of quitting, to get an item, go for it. I personally think its better to spend guild time elsewhere.
  20. FranktheBank Augur

It wouldnt be "strugglebus" at 75, it would just be impossible.